When will PS5 have enough stock??

TheVengeance1231

5 minutes ago, pogo_loco said:

It would be nice if Sony published a PS4 app that used the unit's serial number to queue up for the chance to purchase a PS5. A one-for-one thing, so resellers would need ten PS4s to queue up for ten PS5s.  It could show your place in line, have estimates for when you will reach the front, and others stats.  Such a relaxing alternative to hunting for restock information.

Sony taking care of the people who have supported them in the past in some fashion would be awesome but doesn't seem likely at this point. It also might be tough to verify console ownership (and subsequently enact a financial transaction) based on access to serial numbers alone.

I was hoping it would be easier than getting a Wii in early 2007 was but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it takes several more months to sort out. I sure hope we're not having this conversation a year from now but I've given up expecting to get one before June-July.

• Like 3

My gut, is definitely sometime this year it'll stabilize.  Unfortunately it sounds like probably not the first half though.

It really is a shame how marred this process is by opportunistic scalpers, preying on the fact that it's mostly online due to COVID and easily exploited.  I sort of accepted it initially, you know, whatever... good on them for making some money on a non-essential luxury item.  It's been like 3-4 months now though and they've made boatloads on it.  Time to give it a rest.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

Chip Shortage Spirals Beyond Cars to Phones and Game Consoles

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-05/chip-shortage-spirals-beyond-cars-to-phones-and-game-consoles

All that has dried up the spigot for smaller-volume buyers such as the makers of cars and gaming consoles: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have struggled to make enough Switches, PlayStations and Xboxes for about a year. The game hardware industry is bracing for supply to get worse before it gets better in 2021, potentially even affecting the next holiday season, people familiar with the mater say.

It’s anybody’s guess when production will catch up with demand. But a growing number of industry observers don’t see quick or simple resolution.

“The virus pandemic, social distancing in factories, and soaring competition from tablets, laptops and electric cars are causing some of the toughest conditions for smartphone component supply in many years,” said Neil Mawston, an analyst with Strategy Analytics. 

• Like 4

Depends on your location, too. Smaller countries like mine have almost non-existent allocations, so, unless a huge shipment arrives out of the blue, I reckon it will take at least the entirety of 2021 to fulfill pre-orders. I pre-ordered mine on September 17 and I'm still waiting. So far only about 10% of all pre-orders placed on the first day have been fulfilled. Basically, if you pre-ordered between 7 and 8 AM on September 17, you have your PS5. Everyone else is waiting.

The PS5 is the first console I wanted to buy on launch, so I never had to deal with this. It's pretty wild.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, HusKy said:

Sony Aims to Ship At Least 3 Million Extra PS5 Units in the Coming Months; 4.5 Million Units Shipped Last Year

https://wccftech.com/sony-ship-at-least-3-million-ps5-march-4-5-million-shipped/

I wouldn't rely on that though.

Yeah, I mean the only people I know that own one are the few people here. I've hooked my PS4 back up again until we can put an extra drive inside the PS5. 

I have not physically seen a ps5 except for my own. Not in shops at all, it's crazy really. I would have had it 3 months in a few days.

• Like 1

While the supply is still low with huge demand I think it's relatively easy to buy on Walmart now whenever they restock. I snagged one for my friend with the backdoor link when they restocked a few days ago. And Walmart is restocking every other week so I would say your best bet is Walmart if you are in the us area. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2021 at 5:11 PM, pogo_loco said:

It would be nice if Sony published a PS4 app that used the unit's serial number to queue up for the chance to purchase a PS5. A one-for-one thing, so resellers would need ten PS4s to queue up for ten PS5s.  It could dispaly your place in line, estimate when you will reach the front, chart progress per day, and show other stats.  Such a relaxing alternative to hunting for restock information.

EDIT: I figure there's some way for Sony to securely identify individual PS4s, like the mechanism that limits how many PlayStation units can be activated on your PSN Account for movies, games and such.

From a business standpoint I’m sure Sony would rather bring in new customers from outside their ecosystem, as they have already locked many PS4 owners into subscription services and huge catalogues of digital games.

• Like 1

A News from a german website today: (www.play3.de)

Im Laufe des Vormittags berichteten wir, dass im Februar mit weiteren PS5-Auslieferungen zu rechnen ist. Gleichzeitig wird davon ausgegangen, dass die Nachfrage in den kommenden Wochen nicht ausreichend bedient werden kann. Wie sich einem Bloomberg-Bericht entnehmen lässt, könnte die Liefersituation sogar bis Weihnachten 2021 angespannt bleiben. Auslöser seien Lieferengpässe in der Produktion.

Im Bloomberg-Bericht berufen sich die Redakteure auf anonyme Quellen innerhalb der Lieferketten, die behaupten, dass „kleinvolumige“ Abnehmer von Halbleitern, wie zum Beispiel Videospielfirmen, bei der Sicherung von Teilen gegenüber Tech-Giganten den Kürzeren ziehen.

„Die Spiele-Hardware-Industrie macht sich darauf gefasst, dass die Versorgung im Jahr 2021 schlechter wird, bevor sie besser wird, was sich möglicherweise sogar auf die nächste Weihnachtssaison auswirken könnte“, hieß es unter Berufung auf mit der Angelegenheit vertraute Personen.

Lieferengpässe schon 2020

Die Konsolenhersteller müssen bereits seit einem Jahr mit Lieferengpässen kämpfen, nachdem die Pandemie wichtige Lieferketten lahmgelegte und aufgrund der Lockdowns die Nachfrage nach Gaming-Hardware deutlich anstieg.

Insbesondere die kürzlich erschienenen Next-Gen-Konsolen von Sony und Microsoft sowie die neuen RTX-Grafikkarten von Nvidia sind unglaublich schwer zu beschaffen, da die meisten Nachschubartikel innerhalb von Minuten ausverkauft sind.

Schon in der vergangenen Woche bestätigte Sony, dass die weltweite Halbleiterknappheit die Auslieferung der PlayStation 5 im nächsten Geschäftsjahr beeinflussen könnte. AMD, das Unternehmen, das die Chips für die PS5 und Xbox Series X/S herstellt, prognostizierte kürzlich Lieferprobleme bis in die erste Hälfte des Jahres 2021 hinein. Nvidia betonte wiederum, dass die Lieferungen der RTX-GPUs wahrscheinlich bis mindestens April „mager“ bleiben werden.

Laut Bloomberg sind die Lieferprobleme bei Spielekonsolen auf mehrere Faktoren zurückzuführen, darunter asiatische Unternehmen, die für die weltweite Versorgung mit fortschrittlichen Halbleitern verantwortlich sind und aufgrund der Pandemie mit der gestiegenen Nachfrage zu kämpfen haben.

TSMC und Samsung Electronics Co. seien zunehmend die einzige Möglichkeit, die Teile zu produzieren, heißt es. Aber ihre Kapazitäten bräuchten Jahre der Planung und Milliarden von Dollar, um sie in Absprache mit den Kunden aufzubauen.

Es wird gemunkelt, dass die übermäßige Lagerhaltung durch große Unternehmen die Versorgung beeinträchtigt. Die Smartphone-Giganten Huawei und Apple begannen als Reaktion auf die strengen US-Sanktionen im vergangenen Jahr damit, Komponenten zu horten, so Bloomberg.

Das heißt, entgegen der Erwartung könnte es über das komplette Jahr hinweg problematisch werden, eine PlayStation 5 zu erwerben. Sony verfolgt allerdings den Plan, im laufenden Quartal drei Millionen Exemplare der New-Gen-Konsole abzusetzen, nachdem bis Ende Dezember 2020 4,5 Millionen PS5-Konsolen ausgeliefert wurden.

Google Translator:

In the course of the morning we reported that further PS5 deliveries can be expected in February. At the same time, it is assumed that the demand cannot be adequately met in the coming weeks. As can be seen from a Bloomberg report, the delivery situation could even remain tense until Christmas 2021. Delivery bottlenecks in production are the trigger. At Bloomberg-cht, editors cite anonymous sources within supply chains who claim that “small-volume” semiconductor buyers such as video game companies are losing out to tech giants when it comes to securing parts. "The game hardware industry is expecting supplies to get worse in 2021 before they get better, which could possibly even affect the next Christmas season," it said, citing people familiar with the matter. Delivery bottlenecks as early as 2020 Console manufacturers have been struggling with delivery bottlenecks for a year now after the pandemic paralyzed important supply chains and the demand for gaming hardware increased significantly due to the lockdowns.

In particular, the recently released next-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft, as well as the new RTX graphics cards from Nvidia, are incredibly difficult to get hold of, with most supplies selling out within minutes. Last week, Sony confirmed that the global semiconductor shortage could affect the delivery of the PlayStation 5 in the next fiscal year. AMD, the company that makes the chips for the PS5 and Xbox Series X / S, recently forecast delivery issues well into the first half of 2021. Nvidia again emphasized that deliveries of the RTX GPUs will likely remain “meager” until at least April. According to Bloomberg, the delivery problems for game consoles are due to several factors, including Asian companies responsible for the global supply of advanced semiconductors and grappling with increased demand due to the pandemic. TSMC and Samsung Electronics Co. are increasingly the only way to produce the parts, it is said. But their capacity would take years of planning and billions of dollars to build in consultation with customers.

It is rumored that excessive warehousing by large corporations is affecting supplies. Smartphone giants Huawei and Apple began hoarding components in response to tough US sanctions last year, Bloomberg said. That means, contrary to expectations, it could be problematic for the entire year to buy a PlayStation 5. However, Sony is pursuing the plan to sell three million copies of the New Gen console in the current quarter, after 4.5 million PS5 consoles were shipped by the end of December 2020.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

A News from a german website today: (www.play3.de)

Im Laufe des Vormittags berichteten wir, dass im Februar mit weiteren PS5-Auslieferungen zu rechnen ist. Gleichzeitig wird davon ausgegangen, dass die Nachfrage in den kommenden Wochen nicht ausreichend bedient werden kann. Wie sich einem Bloomberg-Bericht entnehmen lässt, könnte die Liefersituation sogar bis Weihnachten 2021 angespannt bleiben. Auslöser seien Lieferengpässe in der Produktion.

Im Bloomberg-Bericht berufen sich die Redakteure auf anonyme Quellen innerhalb der Lieferketten, die behaupten, dass „kleinvolumige“ Abnehmer von Halbleitern, wie zum Beispiel Videospielfirmen, bei der Sicherung von Teilen gegenüber Tech-Giganten den Kürzeren ziehen.

„Die Spiele-Hardware-Industrie macht sich darauf gefasst, dass die Versorgung im Jahr 2021 schlechter wird, bevor sie besser wird, was sich möglicherweise sogar auf die nächste Weihnachtssaison auswirken könnte“, hieß es unter Berufung auf mit der Angelegenheit vertraute Personen.

Lieferengpässe schon 2020

Die Konsolenhersteller müssen bereits seit einem Jahr mit Lieferengpässen kämpfen, nachdem die Pandemie wichtige Lieferketten lahmgelegte und aufgrund der Lockdowns die Nachfrage nach Gaming-Hardware deutlich anstieg.

Insbesondere die kürzlich erschienenen Next-Gen-Konsolen von Sony und Microsoft sowie die neuen RTX-Grafikkarten von Nvidia sind unglaublich schwer zu beschaffen, da die meisten Nachschubartikel innerhalb von Minuten ausverkauft sind.

Schon in der vergangenen Woche bestätigte Sony, dass die weltweite Halbleiterknappheit die Auslieferung der PlayStation 5 im nächsten Geschäftsjahr beeinflussen könnte. AMD, das Unternehmen, das die Chips für die PS5 und Xbox Series X/S herstellt, prognostizierte kürzlich Lieferprobleme bis in die erste Hälfte des Jahres 2021 hinein. Nvidia betonte wiederum, dass die Lieferungen der RTX-GPUs wahrscheinlich bis mindestens April „mager“ bleiben werden.

Laut Bloomberg sind die Lieferprobleme bei Spielekonsolen auf mehrere Faktoren zurückzuführen, darunter asiatische Unternehmen, die für die weltweite Versorgung mit fortschrittlichen Halbleitern verantwortlich sind und aufgrund der Pandemie mit der gestiegenen Nachfrage zu kämpfen haben.

TSMC und Samsung Electronics Co. seien zunehmend die einzige Möglichkeit, die Teile zu produzieren, heißt es. Aber ihre Kapazitäten bräuchten Jahre der Planung und Milliarden von Dollar, um sie in Absprache mit den Kunden aufzubauen.

PS5: Die Konsole erscheint offiziell in China

Es wird gemunkelt, dass die übermäßige Lagerhaltung durch große Unternehmen die Versorgung beeinträchtigt. Die Smartphone-Giganten Huawei und Apple begannen als Reaktion auf die strengen US-Sanktionen im vergangenen Jahr damit, Komponenten zu horten, so Bloomberg.

Das heißt, entgegen der Erwartung könnte es über das komplette Jahr hinweg problematisch werden, eine PlayStation 5 zu erwerben. Sony verfolgt allerdings den Plan, im laufenden Quartal drei Millionen Exemplare der New-Gen-Konsole abzusetzen, nachdem bis Ende Dezember 2020 4,5 Millionen PS5-Konsolen ausgeliefert wurden.

Google Translator:

In the course of the morning we reported that further PS5 deliveries can be expected in February. At the same time, it is assumed that the demand cannot be adequately met in the coming weeks. As can be seen from a Bloomberg report, the delivery situation could even remain tense until Christmas 2021. Delivery bottlenecks in production are the trigger. At Bloomberg-cht, editors cite anonymous sources within supply chains who claim that “small-volume” semiconductor buyers such as video game companies are losing out to tech giants when it comes to securing parts. "The game hardware industry is expecting supplies to get worse in 2021 before they get better, which could possibly even affect the next Christmas season," it said, citing people familiar with the matter. Delivery bottlenecks as early as 2020 Console manufacturers have been struggling with delivery bottlenecks for a year now after the pandemic paralyzed important supply chains and the demand for gaming hardware increased significantly due to the lockdowns.

In particular, the recently released next-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft, as well as the new RTX graphics cards from Nvidia, are incredibly difficult to get hold of, with most supplies selling out within minutes. Last week, Sony confirmed that the global semiconductor shortage could affect the delivery of the PlayStation 5 in the next fiscal year. AMD, the company that makes the chips for the PS5 and Xbox Series X / S, recently forecast delivery issues well into the first half of 2021. Nvidia again emphasized that deliveries of the RTX GPUs will likely remain “meager” until at least April. According to Bloomberg, the delivery problems for game consoles are due to several factors, including Asian companies responsible for the global supply of advanced semiconductors and grappling with increased demand due to the pandemic. TSMC and Samsung Electronics Co. are increasingly the only way to produce the parts, it is said. But their capacity would take years of planning and billions of dollars to build in consultation with customers. PS5: The console is officially released in China It is rumored that excessive warehousing by large corporations is affecting supplies. Smartphone giants Huawei and Apple began hoarding components in response to tough US sanctions last year, Bloomberg said. That means, contrary to expectations, it could be problematic for the entire year to buy a PlayStation 5. However, Sony is pursuing the plan to sell three million copies of the New Gen console in the current quarter, after 4.5 million PS5 consoles were shipped by the end of December 2020.

Perfect.

• Like 3