When will PS5 have enough stock??

TheVengeance1231

Scalping will be getting less and less because its becoming less profitable because of stock is getting a bit more and its past the xmas rush where people was desperate to buy them. 

Before xmas i saw them averaging at over 1k, now its around 600-700 pound so hopefully it will put scalpers off 

HOPEFULLY ?

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Scalping will be getting less and less because its becoming less profitable because of stock is getting a bit more and its past the xmas rush where people was desperate to buy them. 

Before xmas i saw them averaging at over 1k, now its around 600-700 so hopefully it will put scalpers off 

The latest Scalper-Offers in my hometown are 850 and 890 Euro. But one offer is already online since two weeks, so I hope he can't sell his two consoles.

Edit: Now he lowerded the Price for his two PS 5 consoles to 820 Euro. It seems he can't sell it for this Fantasy Price and this is good. I'll wait until he will reach 499,95 Euro.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Before xmas i saw them averaging at over 1k, now its around 600-700 pound so hopefully it will put scalpers off 

HOPEFULLY ?

Yep. Notice how the ps4 isn't being scalped today. Because the supply of them is so huge, they won't make money trying that, since consumers can easily get them cheaper somewhere else. Which means the same thing will happen to ps5 if you just wait long enough. It may take longer this time around cause of covid, but it'll get to that point eventually.

So let Sony put the ps5 scalpers out of business :)

Edited by me_is_caveman
  • Like 3

In an interview with Forbes, a PS5 scalper by the name of Jordan has voiced his disappointment that the public have given resellers a “lot of bad press”, and even went as far to say that the practice of scalping is an “incredibly valuable industry”.

Bizarrely, Jordan goes on to compare PS5 scalpers to farmers who sell milk to supermarkets. “Essentially every business resells their products,” said Jordan. “Tesco, for example, buys milk from farmers for 26p or so per litre and sells it on for upwards of 70p per litre. No one ever seems to complain to the extent as they are currently doing towards ourselves.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techradar.com/amp/news/ps5-scalpers-want-you-to-feel-sorry-for-them-and-yes-theyre-being-serious

• Like 2

This is classic console introduction. It's been happening ever since the NES. You can see this console after console...like clockwork...for every single release. It always starts with intentional shortages....and then by the end of one year and 3 months...the market is over-saturated. Just in time to start thinking about the announced streamlined upgrade. Never buy a console within the first two years. Ever. For any reason. The only reason you'd want to is for short-lived street clout by people you wont even...and will not care about you in 4 months. Stop giving a sh*t about companies. They couldn't give a second or less thought about you. Stop.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shua_J said:

Never buy a console within the first two years. Ever. For any reason. The only reason you'd want to is for short-lived street clout by people you wont even...and will not care about you in 4 months. Stop giving a sh*t about companies. They couldn't give a second or less thought about you. Stop.

Someone needs a chill pill.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shua_J said:

Never buy a console within the first two years. Ever. For any reason. The only reason you'd want to is for short-lived street clout by people you wont even...and will not care about you in 4 months. Stop giving a sh*t about companies. They couldn't give a second or less thought about you. Stop.

Right, let's all just stop buying everything and hope products magically stay on the market so that we can buy them two years later. ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Right, let's all just stop buying everything and hope products magically stay on the market so that we can buy them two years later. 1f606.png

I think there are people out there who would be ok with the industry collapsing tomorrow. Less money they feel obligated to spend, and they can live forever memeing and complaining about how bad Cyberpunk runs. Sounds like a win-win for the internet age.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Milk:               Farmer - Supermarkt - Costumer

Playstation 5: Farmer - Supermarkt - Scalper - Costumer

It's not the same. Scalpers are disgusting.

Good point very well made. I wanted to put across this point but you wrote it better lol

I saw someone put something on twitter saying my son wants a ps5 so may need to give in to scalpers. Hes not gonna need to wait too much longer until there easily available. 

Its not helping that in the uk the shops are still shut so scalpers are profiting online.

#dontgiveintoscalpers

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

i'm still with the group of people who have the money but cant find a console. if i give into the scalpers demands of paying 750$ to 800$ i lose. with that extra money i could easily get 2 games and a controller at the bare mininum.

i had to move back my estimates several times. april 2022 is my goal to get a ps5 (sooner is better of course).

• Like 1

I think it will once covid calms down and most people get vaccinated, so maybe by the end of 2021 or sometime during 2022. I've already got my vaccine and they seem to be rolling it out a relatively ok speed, although it would take at least a couple of months if not a year. Another thing is the PS5 might return to normal stock once the hype dies, which might take like 1-2 years. 

• Like 1

I'll preface this by saying I did manage to get a PS5 legitimately, from the authorized reseller in my country, for the MSRP and I picked it up at a store.

I'm happy I've done so and I have no regret buying it now but if the tables were turned it's not as if there are great PS5 specific games coming out that anyone will miss out on by still playing on last-gen.

Except a chance to replay Control with higher graphical quality and experiencing Cyberpunk with less glitches nothing major popped up.

Scalpers here, at least 'serious' ones are hoping to sell around €800, but I would never pay that much. Just out of principle and because it's an expensive thing with expensive games and there is no reason to pay premium on top of it. F*ck scalpers, hope you all endure until the stock is there are that scum can sit and sell theirs at MSRP if they are lucky.

• Like 2