When will PS5 have enough stock??

TheVengeance1231

It seems like the large stores in germany and switzerland are getting shipments these days. So if you live in one of these countries keep your eyes open. Sales are obviously online only.

I managed to buy one this week and have it delivered next day. If you really want one you have to check the stores' webpages every day to be online at the right time, since they are sold out again in minutes.

Honestly, I had little hope to get one before holiday season this year. So either being active pays off or I was just really lucky.

There are roumors that Digitec and other swiss/german stores will soon have some consoles in stock again - as I said keep your eyes open.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Or course I want a PS5, but really, for what? To play my PS4 games on it? 

There are currently THREE next gen games, Godfall, Dark Souls, and Destruction All-stars. I don't want any of them, haha.

There are two games coming up, Returnal and Ratchet and Clank. Only a vague interest in Returnal, but R&C is a must buy. But I'm not spending $70 on any game, ever, and R&C ain't til June so what's the rush? I guess Resi8 is in May, and I'll definitely get that on PS5, but still, that's ONE game and it's not even out yet.  I can wait, and it's a good thing I can cuz it looks like I'll have to : (

yea like this dude said imma just wait for an official black or slim version with more storage in a few years. And I can wait since I got a big ass backlog of games too. The PS5 only has Demon Souls right now and them scalpers are janky as hell so it ain’t really worth it to get one now tbh

• Like 2

The technical explanation for shortage has already been given but I want to point out if you want a ps5 you got to check which stores are likely to get stocks and be waiting behind your computer to order online as fast as you can cause everything is sold out within seconds. Don't expect anything in physical stores before 2022 at least. Over the last years, Amazon has been polluted by scalpers and it didn't just start with PS5 consoles, most of "popular" games Collector's Editions and plenty of Nintendo products are sold out within few minutes and instantly put back on the market by these trash sometimes 2 or 3 times the original prices. In Korea where I live, a few hundreds of PS5 are available every 5 weeks through just one website and everything is sold out within a minute (when the site doesnt just crash because of too many connections), right after that you see ads popping on like Craiglists and similar websites to sell the consoles 200$/300$ more than the original prices .... Too many people are taking advantages of this shortage and as you can see it's gonna last. I know in Europe there are some community websites that tell people when the consoles arrive in the warehouses and when the consoles are expected to be available online and through which companies, then people just wait behind their computer refreshing the page constantly and ready to add it to their basket. That's the only way if you dont wanna feed the garbage trying to make profits in a time like this...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

The Sony TV I bought a few weeks back is now out of stock and only on ebay for around 2K. It's not just the consoles.

Yep. Around here you will not find a new console of any kind in a store. Pawn shops and maybe used ones at Gamestop are your only bet. AV receivers are slim pickings as well.

My base PS4 is dying I think and I'm tired of playing games in sub 30fps when I could have much better performance on PS5. I'm saving RDR2, Sekiro, Last of Us 2, Days Gone, and others for the PS5.

• Like 1

what about the free games offered monthly on ps plus on ps5, do we just miss out on those because we dont have ps5? on ps3 and ps4 you always had to add them to your library to have them in your game list you cant do that if you dont have a ps5 console so do we just miss out?

for ps4 i had no problem pre ordering it and it was at my door day 1

ps3 had some ups and downs at different times. they were kind of to expensive at first for alot of people to afford but i remember my friend waited in line outside a store overnight and got one. i got the 60gb on release with no issues. but before the slims came out i had a ps3 issue and needed a new one and i couldnt find them anywhere. i went to every single store and nobody had ps3s. every place said they had a shortage at the time. but i think the real reason was they were going from the phats to the slims and wanted to maybe release date them all at the same time. also generally in store i would only see 2-4 ps3s when i looked at that time. they never had a overstock they would always have to order more when those few units were gone. 

ps5 has just been bat shit. the only people i know who got one in america know a worker and are called to come in and get one. my nieces boyfriend got one because he knows someone who works at gamestop who told him when to come in and pre order. i imagine alot of people who are pissed at the stores they work at are cutting deals with their scalper friends and hogging them up. i did notice some sites will only deliver to your address once but i dont know how effective that is. and theyll only let you have 1 qty but that also doesnt seem effective if im seeing people selling 40 units on ebay

also last year when i went to see if they were in stores they all said online orders only because of covid they dont want lines. which make no sense because if you pre order and everyone comes in to get them the day they arrive you get a line in the morning anyways lol so im guessing thats prob still a thing. hell weve had mask mandates and curfews here since last march which was only suppose to last a month and now its going on a year

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

what about the free games offered monthly on ps plus on ps5, do we just miss out on those because we dont have ps5? on ps3 and ps4 you always had to add them to your library to have them in your game list you cant do that if you dont have a ps5 console so do we just miss out?

You can add those to your library from the phone application. The ps store website should also work as it is pretty much the same thing.

Edited by amex_svk
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'd say give it a year or so, honestly. I don't buy games for 60$ anyway so there's not much reason for me to get a PS5 right now except to play some of my existing games in 4k. As you can tell, demand is ridiculous right now and it'll probably take a while before it levels out. Time to get that PS4 backlog cleaned up!

Same here, I think a lot of people have been caught up in the new console hype, I did. Glad I couldn't get one because the only game I was really looking forward was Sackboy which I ended up getting on ps4. Back to the backlog for me.

• Like 4

On 2/15/2021 at 2:59 AM, amex_svk said:

You can add those to your library from the phone application. The ps store website should also work as it is pretty much the same thing.

i cant get it to work on the website. everytime i go to my profile then i go to the store it shows me as if im logged out and i cant add the ps plus games. if i manual search the game it has nothing to add it, and if i click on ps plus it has nothing to add it

and im prob the last person in the world who refuses to use apps so thats not a option. grrrrr. the webstore fucking sucks these days

edit nevermind i finally got it to load correctly. i swear everytime i bitch on these forums its like magic happens right after

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

You can still get 1 if you desperately wanted (at normal price of course), you just need to follow the right stuff and grab 1 as soon as it's announced, if you have the time that is but for people who have to go out and work it's tough as you need to be on the computer or phone for the drop.

I remember getting mine on Amazon 2 months before launch, on the computer and my phone, just incase 1 didn't work i had a back-up lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Fuck these scalpers... they are ruining it for everyone else. I want a PS5 eventually, but MSRP or GTFO. I cannot support their practice with a good conscience. I CAN wait. For what these scalpers are charging, you're halfway towards the price of a decent PC.

And it annoys me that scalpers whine about the bad press they receive. The bad press is their just deserts. I'll laugh when the day arrives that Sony yanks the rug out from under them by making PS5 more readily obtainable.

Yep, I'm not paying more than 500$ for it. Scalpers can kiss my ass.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Fuck these scalpers... they are ruining it for everyone else. I want a PS5 eventually, but MSRP or GTFO. I cannot support their practice with a good conscience. I CAN wait. For what these scalpers are charging, you're halfway towards the price of a decent PC.

And it annoys me that scalpers whine about the bad press they receive. The bad press is their just deserts. I'll laugh when the day arrives that Sony yanks the rug out from under them by making PS5 more readily obtainable.

Honestly they are complete turds and I hope they fail miserably trying to do this.

• Like 1

No stress. Got several hundred titles to play on older generation consoles. Still have games bought on sale back in 2014 that I havent got time to play yet. In Asia Sony have announced pre-orders for PS5 model with 2 TB SSD. Maybe I'll wait for this or the slim version even later. One thing is sure, I'll never by it from a scalper.

• Like 2

to be honest? probably when 7nm becomes old next year and the PC/Mobile market moves to 5nm, then 7nm production lines will be full at the hand of consoles, before 7nm, there were 10/12/14/16nm production lines, so everybody had an option, but now 7nm really is the only way to go for everybody, everybody wants a piece

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DAS2in1 said:

In Asia Sony have announced pre-orders for PS5 model with 2 TB SSD.

Is this legit? ?

--------------------

On topic, I guess as more people are getting vaccinated, and Covid is becoming less dangerous, PS5 will be easier to find at local stores.

It was so easy for me to buy a PS4 in early 2014. Nonetheless, at the time, the "problem" was, there were very few games to play since PS4 wasn't backward-compatible with PS3. :lol:

• Like 2