When will PS5 have enough stock??

TheVengeance1231

On 06/02/2021 at 4:47 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

I don't want any lucky draw for a PS5 anymore, it is all dominated by scalpers.

When can I walk-in and buy a PS5 at shop (using normal price) ??

How is this situation compare with PS3 and PS4 launch?

How long does PS3 and PS4 take to have enough stock?

Why are You bothered about PS5 ?  Nothing interesting on that console atm , at least imo

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Why are You bothered about PS5 ?  Nothing interesting on that console atm , at least imo

Also been seeing that due to the parts shortages there are lower quality fans being used in some newer produced units. After the jet engine that was ps5 I'd suggest steering clear until things are a bit more stable.

Edited by Toast_On_Cheese
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

I want to auto pop some FIFA 21 trophy.

I have to pop the PS5 trophy before I go forward. 

This has to be asap so I can continue play the game. 

Edited by TheVengeance1231
  • Like 1

wario64 and the ps5alert twitter helped me tonight. they said gamestop dropped and i'm likely going to avoid the dark temptation of buying from a scalper and end up having a good start on ps5 games (aiming for 2-3 as a start).

have twitter notification on. if you see a drop appearing especially on direct i would go for it.

here's to hope that everyone has luck in getting a system sooner rather than later.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 2

PS5, Xbox Series X Component Shortage To Be Investigated, President Biden Says

The semiconductor shortage is ravaging the American economy, and an executive order will investigate how to fix it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-xbox-series-x-component-shortage-to-be-investigated-president-biden-says/1100-6488026/

• Like 3

it arrived. fedex didn't bother to knock. i thought the system was going to appear much later :(.

other people in the group who bought around same time got shipments.

at some point i'll have to test to make sure it works but have to work on trails of cold steel before working on any ps5 game.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 2

Well, that's karma at work. These scalpers reap what they sow. Every time they cry about the bad press and try to justify their actions, I'm laughing at them for their ridiculousness. Their arguments can't hold water.

Thanks to Biden for his investigation of the component shortage. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 1:05 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Well, that's karma at work. These scalpers reap what they sow. Every time they cry about the bad press and try to justify their actions, I'm laughing at them for their ridiculousness. Their arguments can't hold water.

Thanks to Biden for his investigation of the component shortage. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

The thing they're reaping is shitloads of money.

Nothing will come from the "investigation" primarily because he can't bomb foreign countries with video game consoles. Or maybe that's where all the consoles are going.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

The thing they're reaping is shitloads of money.

Nothing will come from the "investigation" primarily because he can't bomb foreign countries with video game consoles. Or maybe that's where all the consoles are going.

True, that's why they're doing it. Morally bankrupt, but getting filthy rich. And given the way they keep driveling at the bad press, they are probably calling everyone who just wants to pay the MSRP a bunch of Karens. Selling a product for considerably more than its MSRP should be a crime.

At least this grey market will have the bottom drop out eventually... laugh now cry later, scalpers. What's in it for me if I wait? I keep $500-$1000 in my pocket, and the PS5 FW will have gone through some revisions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Morally bankrupt, but getting filthy rich

What a wonderful few words to sum up the world we live in. But yes, I won't be giving money to scalpers and I do hope they get fucked over with their hoarding soon; but honestly at worst they'll probably be forced to lower their prices and make slightly less profit.

• Like 2

If you are in the UK, keep an eye on stockinformer.co.uk and specifically look out for a notice that eBuyer.com is taking pre-orders. The way that eBuyer does things is that they are expecting stock their PS5 page will have a notice that you need to email them to reserve one. I sent them an email, took them a week to get back to me, but when they did I didn't have to fight half the country or a load of bots to checkout, they just set up an order, I had to log in and complete my address and payment details, and that was that. They know they are selling to real people, and everything can be done in an orderly way. 

It was a little cheeky that they bundled me a copy of MK11 that I wouldn't have bought, (and a spare DualSense that I would have), but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity.

Good luck to everyone else. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

I hate scalpers but at the end of the day there should be laws to stop this BS and companies like Sony,nvidia and Microsoft need to do more to stop people buying products for scalping purposes.

As ticket scalping laws have taught us, all it will do is institutionalize scalpers and the main sellers will also end up owning the “legal” second hand sales themselves. 

• Like 2