When will PS5 have enough stock??

TheVengeance1231

Sadly scalpers are not going the way of the dodo. I work retail part time and a manager told me how 1,000's of bot orders had to be canceled.  ? Business wise it is a classic move morals wise they can take a long walk off a short pier.

My gut says 2022, maybe holiday 2021 - I wouldn't be surprised if both companies are stockpiling some for Christmas time.

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 2

Check some of the more obscure places that people do not normally buy video game systems from. For example, Target had several systems this morning. Another place you can always try is Costco or Sam;s club. And of course, keep checking all the usual places like Gamestop, Wal Mart, Best Buy, and Sony Direct.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StressEater said:

For example, Target had several systems this morning.

The Target restock felt more like a race against a high school track team than against the Olympic elite.  The result was still very predictable (I lost) but it felt more ... fair?

Time-to-sell-out appears to be rising (20 minutes for Target?) while scalper-resale-prices are dropping.  Are both close to reaching a sustainable steady state? 

I hope that (like GameStop short-sellers) scalpers realize selling at a lower price now is better than selling at an even lower price later, and accelerate the erosion of resale profit.

And then I hope they suffer from guilt-ridden nightmares for the rest of their lives.  "Hey, remember when I made money ripping people off?  Yeah ... I wish I hadn't done that."

Edit: Why do I want a PS5?

1.  I spend 50% of my time with my current game (Phantom Doctrine) staring at load screens.  Gimme the blistering SSDD speed baby!

2.  I had to crank up Horizon Zero Dawn embarrassingly loud just to hear the epic dialogue over the PS4-Pro fan whine.  Y R U Soooo F N Loud???

3.  I want a second unit to mine multiplayer trophies on Tooth and Tail because I am terrible at MP, worse at boosting, and absolutely despise both.

4.  I love developer Cyanide and want to play their newest (poorly rated) release Werewolf in all its PS5 glory.  Why?  Because Styx is awesome, 'nuff said.

Edited by pogo_loco
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is the result of countries like the US and Europe pushing all their manufacturing into countries like China. Political parties like the Republicans in the US and UKIP in the UK are constantly ridiculed for wanting to bring manufacturing back to their respective countries. It's ironic that if people pulled their heads out of their arses we wouldn't have this production shortage.

Secondly, Sony has more than enough parts to continue production but they're refusing to do so. They're hoarding the parts so they can produce and sell the PS5 redesign, which is likely going to have an increased price tag. It's like how diamond companies artificially lower their stock by outright refusing to sell so they can increase demand. I think it's highly likely that Sony is going to have more than enough PS5 redesign consoles for sale on day 1.

• Like 2

The whole entire situation is just f-ing ridiculous IMO

I'm clearly not going to have one by the time the new R&C comes out and potentially not have one at all by the end of the year and it's increasingly infuriating.

If FF16 comes out before the end of the year and I still don't have one... I WILL BE EXTREMELY PISSED. That's all there is to it ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just finally got one for my wife after trying for quite a while.  I followed a few people on Twitter and got a notification tonight around 11pm that Walmart had a big drop.  I scrambled to my computer and didn't think I was going to get one when the captcha thing kept asking me to click on squares with bloody cars on them!  I was really surprised when I got past that and the rest went super smoothly!  She can finally play PS5 games with me!  She has no idea yet though, she's sleeping.  I'm wondering if I should tell her or make it a surprise of some sort!  Going to be hard to keep it a secret for 2 weeks! 

Edit:  Update!  I don't have to keep it a surprise for 2 weeks because I got a phone call from EBGames that one is available today!  So I'm picking it up in an hour!  I'm going to give the one that comes in June from Walmart to my mother, who bought me my first consoles and I'd like to return the favour.  She's still a gamer too!  

Keep hoping everyone, the supply feels like it's picking up!  I hope you all get yours soon!

Edited by FFATMA
  • Like 1