Might be unobtainable, be warned

SpaceCoresDad

Hey all, been playing this game for a while trying to map out some type of guide for it. There's not a lot of information out there regarding it, but there is a pattern I've started to notice with the trophy "Family bonds"

The wording is ambiguous, but the way you're actually supposed to get this is by winning two dice games in a row with the antagonist at a certain point in the story. The problem is, it's rigged in his favor, and I mean heavily rigged. You'll be rolling three 1s, two 2s, and a 4, while he's getting all fives and sixes consistently. If you're lucky you can win the first round, but the second round is next to impossible. I got close a few times over 8 hours of testing, but I don't think that proves anything because of the information I picked up later.

Normally I'd just attribute this to my own terrible luck, but on the Steam forums, the developers of the game admitted that it's actually impossible to win the second round, intentionally. Even if you manage to beat him, on his final roll he'll reroll all 6 dice until he has enough to beat you. Now, this was later patched in the PC version, but I can't find any verification if consoles have the same level of patch as PC. Considering this achievement isn't all that rare on PC, while 0 people have gotten it on any trophy tracking website I've found (I assume the PSN rankings are just hacked somehow), this might just be impossible to do. Now it's not a very popular game, so it's possible that just no one has been lucky enough to do it, but I tried for quite a long time just repeating the same 10 rolls over and over again. If it is possible, the luck is insane.

This is of course ignoring the other 0% trophies, some of which might also be unobtainable as well. I couldn't get "Good eating deserves good drinking" to unlock either, but that might just be because the requirements are different than the mediocre guide I found somewhere. If anyone has any more information I'd appreciate it, but if not, maybe stay away from this until something better is confirmed.

• Like 1

In case anyone wants to take the plunge to find out if this is possible, I'm going to just post my resources. Maybe it'll help someone figure this all out.

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE: https://gameplay.tips/guides/7649-we-the-revolution.html   Just a warning, I wouldn't call this fantastic. This is for the PC version, and they themselves say that they didn't get all of the achievements for it. I used it as a rough guide just for what to do, since a lot of the descriptions are vague to say the least.

ROUGH GUIDE: https://guides.gamepressure.com/we-the-revolution/guide.asp?ID=49336    I wouldn't use this one for cases, since they're random, and it doesn't describe them very well anyway. It does have some rough descriptions of the various events that pop up though, and has some decent tips and tricks for doing it all legit. It's worth posting.

FULL CASE QUESTION AND REPORT GUIDE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYAWUt    This is INVALUABLE. It has all of the ways to ask every single question in the game, and how to fill out every single report. It even has everything in the description in alphabetical order. Couldn't ask for anything better.

PERSUASION GUIDE: https://www.guideoui.com/we-the-revolution-persuasion-combinations-guide/   This teaches you how to all the persuasion in the game. It's not hard to do, but having a reference makes it truly simple.

Good luck to anyone who tries this. Act 3 really tried my patience. I'd like to know if it's possible before I put all of my effort into something I'm not really enjoying.

• Like 3

@SpaceCoresDad I have had the same experience. I spent several hours trying to win the dice game, I managed to win the first round several times but the second round was rigged to lose. I ended up reading through the Steam forums and saw the admissions made by the Devs.  I have contacted Polyslash to try and get some clarification on this and have yet to receive a response. I suspect console versions are unpatched.

5 minutes ago, Wiltoid7 said:

I have contacted Polyslash to try and get some clarification on this and have yet to receive a response. I suspect console versions are unpatched.

How long ago did you contact them, and how? They aren't very active on Twitter it seems, but their Steam presence is somewhat prevalent. I don't know about e-mails. Did you have any luck with any of the other 0%s? Like the drinking one, acquitting your wife, etc?

On 06/02/2021 at 5:43 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

the developers of the game admitted that it's actually impossible to win the second round, intentionally.

These types of devs should just shut down and never do anymore games. What's the point of including a trophy if you intentionally make it impossible to obtain? It's sheer sadism.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 0:15 AM, SpaceCoresDad said:

How long ago did you contact them, and how? They aren't very active on Twitter it seems, but their Steam presence is somewhat prevalent. I don't know about e-mails. Did you have any luck with any of the other 0%s? Like the drinking one, acquitting your wife, etc?

Finally got something to report on this. No reply from Polyslash, but I hassled Klabater both via email and twitter and got a repsonse. Klabater Community Manager Blazej has told me the following

"We received some inquiries about such issues. 
We will involve some special dev help, to maintain the issue with trophies. I can't say when all of that would be fixed, however, since we got similar feedback lately, it is one of our goals to repair the issue soon. We did not leave the game ;)"

Hopefully this is something they can turn around soon. Perhaps there's a plat at the end of tunnel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wiltoid7 said:

Finally got something to report on this. No reply from Polyslash, but I hassled Klabater both via email and twitter and got a repsonse. Klabater Community Manager Blazej has told me the following

"We received some inquiries about such issues. 
We will involve some special dev help, to maintain the issue with trophies. I can't say when all of that would be fixed, however, since we got similar feedback lately, it is one of our goals to repair the issue soon. We did not leave the game ;)"

Hopefully this is something they can turn around soon. Perhaps there's a plat at the end of tunnel.

This is fantastic news. If there's ever more word of an update, definitely let the thread know. It's people like you who help out so much in the trophy hunting community. Well done.

• 3 months later...

EU version got a patch last week, Dice game and Wife acquittal now obtainable. Seems to have broken the persuasions system though, I can't progress a new file beyond Act 1 Day 9. So I'm unable to say whether the other 0% trophies are fixed.

• 1 year later...

For the record, as of now this platinum is still unobtainable. There's a bug that makes it so you are fully unable to quell riots, thus rendering "Friendship" and "Peace and Love" impossible to achieve. I've reported the bug to the dev, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed.

Forgot to mention, every other trophy is now obtainable. All other issues with everything but the two I mentioned above have been fixed. I sure hope they come back an patch these last two.

Edited by cuteboyinsuburb
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if the plat is obtainable if someone were to start now? I read somewhere that a previous patch might have broken previously working trophies while fixing others so I just want to be sure everything is obtainable now when starting from scratch.

Also, any estimates on plat difficulty/time? Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Throw7 said:

Anyone know if the plat is obtainable if someone were to start now? I read somewhere that a previous patch might have broken previously working trophies while fixing others so I just want to be sure everything is obtainable now when starting from scratch.

Also, any estimates on plat difficulty/time? Thanks!

AFAIK, the Plat is fully obtainable with the latest patch installed but I haven't played this game myself so can't give an estimate of the Plat time or difficulty.

• Like 2