Gideon scaling

lostsorrowdays

I have noticed when levelling that most (but not all) open world enemies scale up as you progress so an enemy that was originally level 10 will be say level 14 later in the game when you have levelled up yourself more. However in arena trials this does not seem to happen so the level 5 maiden in the maiden trial will still be level 5 even if you are now level 14.

My question relates to the GIDEON boss in the solo instance. Does he scale up as you progress in the game. I think the base Gideon is level 28? Should players try to fight him as soon as the fight becomes available to them or should they xp farm to get to say lvl 35 or even 40 and get their gear score up over 1,000 or even higher. I don't want to leave it too late only to find I am fighting a level 35 version of him. I thought this question might be helpful to other players who are still levelling up as well. I have heard it's possible for skilled players to beat him with a gear score warning but I would like to make it as easier on myself by levelling and improving gear score first but only if he does not scale up as I do so.

I think this only applies to enemies in the open world, not quest related enemies. I’m not sure what class you’re playing but Gideon is very readable as a ranged class. I beat him as a level 25 and didn’t really have any issues. 

If you’re still having problems then there’s a ring called “Ring of the whispering serpent god”, with the runes applied you basically get 2% of the damage you deal back to you as health. With high def+ some recovery pots, you shouldn’t be concerned about health at all. You’ll lose out on dps but it might be worth it if melee classes have a harder time. You’ll very quickly pick up on his attack patterns and how to avoid them regardless. Good luck.