Hydrath Castle Orb collectible glitch

liveintheevil66

Hello folks, and to anyone still playing this. Playing the game on PSNOW, and right now I have a sadly game-breaking bug (or I guess platinum-breaking, really). One trophy requires you to collect every orb collectible. So far I haven't had a problem... until level 5, Hydrath's Castle. For those that either don't remember or need to know, there's a puzzle in this level where you have to attract bugs and let them follow you. For an orb, you have to lure them down a long path and drop down a hole to reach where they have to be. Problem though, is that once I reach a certain door, a fire burns them out. 

At first I thought this was scripted and I was missing something, but after playing through the entire level doing everything, they still burn. I then replayed and did this collectible early. Still burned. Got most of the level done, and they burned. No matter what I did, they always burned at the door. I checked for videos, and even found quite a bit, but when they reached the door with the fire, the bugs just fly by without issue, and no one has mentioned them burning, as if its impossible to do so.

Is this a glitch, or am I missing something the guides aren't covering? Sadly this will prevent me from platinuming it, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. For the record, I'm streaming the game, if that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I just replayed that part as I'm just starting this game back up myself,  the reason the flies burn out is because the timer runs out , you have 1 min , hit the timer thing, run up to flies take them down there before timer runs out, if u get in the door with 1 sec left ur good if not they will burn 

Edited by Spookyentertainm
Found the answer

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 8:42 AM, liveintheevil66 said:

Hello folks, and to anyone still playing this. Playing the game on PSNOW, and right now I have a sadly game-breaking bug (or I guess platinum-breaking, really). One trophy requires you to collect every orb collectible. So far I haven't had a problem... until level 5, Hydrath's Castle. For those that either don't remember or need to know, there's a puzzle in this level where you have to attract bugs and let them follow you. For an orb, you have to lure them down a long path and drop down a hole to reach where they have to be. Problem though, is that once I reach a certain door, a fire burns them out. 

At first I thought this was scripted and I was missing something, but after playing through the entire level doing everything, they still burn. I then replayed and did this collectible early. Still burned. Got most of the level done, and they burned. No matter what I did, they always burned at the door. I checked for videos, and even found quite a bit, but when they reached the door with the fire, the bugs just fly by without issue, and no one has mentioned them burning, as if its impossible to do so.

Is this a glitch, or am I missing something the guides aren't covering? Sadly this will prevent me from platinuming it, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. For the record, I'm streaming the game, if that matters.

Forgot to quote u