A tip for getting processed materials

Yep, that's what I started doing in the middle of my playthrough. Because dispatch missions and challenges alone don't give you enough materials, sadly. You can also steal other players' containers with fuel, but I don't remember how much you get from those.

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, I000_NeedIes said:

Great tip, thanks for sharing OP. Right now there is a double rewards event until April 5 so it’s a good opportunity to farm processed materials.

This maybe useful, works offline and gets you much more of everything at once, with the FOBs, although it's processed, you only get a certain amount of a single material don't you, and perhaps the practice, trial and error getting to grips with it beforehand is added time onto that FOB farm.

Because the farming below is not processed, the optimal way to do it is as soon as you unlock the required mission/gear. Then while you are doing the rest of the game, the unprocessed materials will naturally process when you turn you game off/on so you won't even notice it!! Unprocessed is seen as a slog because the farming methods around it are usually left till last, when you need the materials immediately, but farming them early is how you make the unprocessed farming MUCH better and is what we don't usually do!!

Unprocessed materials are only a problem if you want then and now, but if you are being optimal, playing online, then you would game these early so that they process while doing everything else. When stuff is transferred online btw, when you turn off your console for the night, a lot of your unprocessed materials will process without you even playing, this is why it needs doing early.

Processed materials from FOBs are great for now though most definitely do if you are looking for a instant farm ready to use immediately, use the FOBs. But if you are halfway through the game, use the unprocessed method as it will get you MUCH more in the same time, and the processing won't affect you as it will be done when you are not playing and when you are doing everything else!!

FROM A VERY OLD POST OF MINE:

This post will give you a method to still farm resources as it is still possible, and here is perhaps the fastest method.

Before I explain, bear these points in mind;

• To farm anything fultonable you must begin a mission from freeroam, fulton whatever you want to farm, reach a checkpoint, then abort mission
  • Strongly advisable to play online, then while the console is off, ur unprocessed resources will still process. When you play after a day or 2, 30% of ur resources will be processed
  • Fultoning anything and completing a mission or fultoning in freeroam, will cause it to not reappear until 5 missions are completed.

Resource Farming method;

Requires:

• Cargo 2 upgrade
  • Stealth Camo (pp grade 4) or Parasite Stealth x3 or Sandstorm
  • mission 30 unlocked

Make sure:

• That u dont run out of stealth, you will need 4 Stealth.pp to make it last. If you don't have 4 stealth.pp, call in a sandstorm instead.
  • Don't cause any alerts or checkpoints wont trigger

What you earn (if you fulton all containers):

• Fuel-15000
  • Bio-7500
  • Com met-16500
  • Min met-8800
  • Prec met-1050
  • TT77 tank-3 (sell for 100000gmp each)

BTW, if you fulton ONLY the red containers, its about 45 secs quicker. Meaning every 4 or 5 runs would actually amount to an extra.

Speed/time:

This is running at normal speed with mobility upgrades, would be faster with Raiden suit.

• Mis 30 farm lap - 3:45mins
  • Total lap- 5:20 (from start of mis 30, back to start again, load times included)

Method:

1. Warp to OKB Zero lz freeroam with D-horse, stealth camo

2. Begin mission 30

3. Skip cutscene

4. Sprint to first container

5. Then sprint to next 2

6. Now sprint forward and call D-horse at same time

7. Jump on him as he runs along side you and carry on to OKB

8. Just after checkpoint at bottom of hill near maingate, jump off D-horse and engage stealth camo

9. Run through maingate and grab 4 containers and TT77 on the right, then engage stealth again

10. Sprint forward through next gate and next 4 containers on right

11. Run forward and dive in grass, engage stealth again then sprint to TT77 ahead

12. Fulton TT77 then head through last gate

13. Grab TT77 and 2 containers on right, then container in leff corner

14. Run back to last gate to initiate a checkpoint

15. Lay in prone, once resources have transferred, abort mission

I honestly cant workout a better method, I think that is the absolute fastest way to farm. Ive tried other areas, this seema to have the most resources and gmp in the shortest time. The tanks help alot as costs soon add up when farming. This spot allows you to faem everything

I suggest, as soon as complete mission 31, get child and wormhole upgrade, upgrade stealh.pp then farm for about an hr or 2 to have some materials to process while you finish the rest of the game.

Btw, buddies don't help on this, i've tried using them. D-Horse helps the most near the start, thats it, must be done on foot

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1-4-2022 at 9:01 AM, Optinooby said:

This maybe useful, works offline and gets you much more of everything at once, with the FOBs, although it's processed, you only get a certain amount of a single material don't you, and perhaps the practice, trial and error getting to grips with it beforehand is added time onto that FOB farm.

You get 6700 processed resources of the main type that is defined by the platform (fuel = support platform). 1600 of the other types of resources.
750.000-800.000GMP and a few S-rank soldiers.
Double all that if there's a double reward week.

A run of the support platform takes 1min15-1min30 without loading and yes, the first time it might take longer but that's the same with all methods, you have to learn the route to the exit. Your method also requires learning the route and the first time it'll also take longer. But on support platform it's an easy route without climbing pipes. I got all my fuel for the nuke in 30-40 minutes from almost scratch.
For building the MOB platforms: By the time I had the fuel to build any platform, I also had the other materials for at least 1 platform because not all platforms use the same material next to fuel.

In the end I did about 50 runs and I should only have done 20-25 because with MOB, FOB and nuke build, I still had 100.000+ of everything left at the end of the game.

I was happy that I used the security challenge method because of all the GMP you get. You need like 30-40 million for the development stuff and I would have been nowhere near with the other methods even when selling the stuff you get (unless the tank is 1.000.000 instead of 100.000?). You also get some precious metal each run and that slowly adds up so you can get a lot of money from that as well in the end.

Only downsides I could find: Sometimes there was no one available with all platforms build and security level 1. I usually just did another mission and came back to it later. You could also settle with someone that has less platforms build, still gives 3xxx.
And in the beginning finding a person might take awhile because you have to go through the whole list. But somehow it were always the same 20-25 people were 10 of them were shown. So after a few rounds you know if there's a good one without actually going through the list.

Also: Does your method still works on the latest patch? Because I remember that containers could not be there during missions if you fultoned them earlier and I think that was also the case if you aborted the mission after the fulton. You need the patch for the one online mission and there are rumours that it might get delisted from the PSN store soon (as in: before shutdown). I couldn't find anything official about that so far but with the way the patches for this game work, it's indeed a risk that it might get delisted.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kolm said:

You get 6700 processed resources of the main type that is defined by the platform (fuel = support platform). 1600 of the other types of resources.
750.000-800.000GMP and a few S-rank soldiers.
Double all that if there's a double reward week.

A run of the support platform takes 1min15-1min30 without loading and yes, the first time it might take longer but that's the same with all methods, you have to learn the route to the exit. Your method also requires learning the route and the first time it'll also take longer. But on support platform it's an easy route without climbing pipes. I got all my fuel for the nuke in 30-40 minutes from almost scratch.
For building the MOB platforms: By the time I had the fuel to build any platform, I also had the other materials for at least 1 platform because not all platforms use the same material next to fuel.

In the end I did about 50 runs and I should only have done 20-25 because with MOB, FOB and nuke build, I still had 100.000+ of everything left at the end of the game.

I was happy that I used the security challenge method because of all the GMP you get. You need like 30-40 million for the development stuff and I would have been nowhere near with the other methods even when selling the stuff you get (unless the tank is 1.000.000 instead of 100.000?). You also get some precious metal each run and that slowly adds up so you can get a lot of money from that as well in the end.

Only downsides I could find: Sometimes there was no one available with all platforms build and security level 1. I usually just did another mission and came back to it later. You could also settle with someone that has less platforms build, still gives 3xxx.
And in the beginning finding a person might take awhile because you have to go through the whole list. But somehow it were always the same 20-25 people were 10 of them were shown. So after a few rounds you know if there's a good one without actually going through the list.

Also: Does your method still works on the latest patch? Because I remember that containers could not be there during missions if you fultoned them earlier and I think that was also the case if you aborted the mission after the fulton. You need the patch for the one online mission and there are rumours that it might get delisted from the PSN store soon (as in: before shutdown). I couldn't find anything official about that so far but with the way the patches for this game work, it's indeed a risk that it might get delisted.

Good to have 2 methods!!

The Campaign method which will be consistent once you learn it gives you this in 5 minutes 20 seconds:

- Fuel-15000

- Bio-7500

- Com met-16500

- Min met-8800

- Prec met-1050

- TT77 tank x 3 (sell for 100000gmp each)

- Also complete several in-game online challenges so extra rewards.

And the FOB method, which can be a little inconsistent as you say, I dunno what time exactly as nobody has mentioned the full cycle time yet, the loading times keep getting missed out xD, gives you this:

- 6700 processed of 1 type.

- 1600 of the other types of resources.

- 750.000-800.000GMP

- Few S-rank soldiers.

If we say they are roughly the same time, the FOBs are better for instant resources I think, and the single player farm is better if you do it early for long term and for consistency. Doing the Campaign farm for an hour as soon as you can sets you up for everything, won't need doing again and means everything will be processed by the time you need it ;)

I was doing a platinum speedrun and that Campaign farm gave me way more than enough GMP. When you say it isn't enough, are you talking about only platinum requirements, or absolutely everything in the store??

Yea works on current patch and you need to be careful when doing the farm, be sure the route I provided is followed. Containers are farmable under certain conditions as outlined above. If done wrong though, yea they will despawn for 3 missions I think, or it maybe 5. To get them spawning again in that case quickly, you just go and do a very quick mission 3 or 5 times quickly.

I'm not against the FOB method at all, it is a great method and it's also great that we have 2 good methods to choose from!!

I actually need to get back to this at some point on my main, I'm going to be sure to truely test both methods when I do and see the pros/cons of both!! With the PS3 servers closing and this delisting info, I'm worried that I need to be fast before the PS4 servers are closed ;)

Edited by Optinooby