Plats that are easier with multiple consoles

Deadborne

I've recently picked up a sibling's PS4, and have access to two consoles.
I've realized that this is a big boon for certain otherwise troublesome rare Platinums, like Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Ultimate Legends (Plat time goes down from 75h to around 15-20h, and rarity is 0.72%).

Are there any other such Platinums you guys could recommend?
Extra points for rare ones! Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I can’t think of any specific games off the top of my head, but it goes without saying that there are tons of multiplayer/co-op related trophies that become much easier to boost if you have a 2nd console. I’m sure you’ll find many uses for it when you’re tackling online trophies.

So on ps3 having two is mint because you can play online without ps plus. But what if you pick up a second console but the game you want to boost isn't in the store anymore. You're screwed right?

And if you do ps4 you'd have to have plus on both consoles yeah?

22 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

So on ps3 having two is mint because you can play online without ps plus. But what if you pick up a second console but the game you want to boost isn't in the store anymore. You're screwed right?

If the game isn't available digitally anymore, and if you need to have ps plus... Ideally you would not have any problems, cause you would have your main account activated on both consoles, so they would share game library and ps plus subscription. You would just need to have an alt account on your second system to play with a different user in MP games. Edit: that is, assuming that you already have a license for the delisted content.

Edited by tony_snake_24
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

If the game isn't available digitally anymore, and if you need to have ps plus... Ideally you would not have any problems, cause you would have your main account activated on both consoles, so they would share game library and ps plus subscription. You would just need to have an alt account on your second system to play with a different user in MP games. Edit: that is, assuming that you already have a license for the delisted content.

Ok so if I'm understanding this correctly:

1. Get a second ps3.

2. Put my main account on it and download the game I have a license for.

3. Put my alternate account on it then launch the game on both. One as my main and one as alt. 

4. Profit?

Most fighting games have online trophies that become much easier if you have more than one console and choose to boost with yourself. Stuff like Injustice, Super Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 etc. are some of the harder ones where you can utilise this method and save yourself a ton of time and hassle.

Edited by CrimsonMercury

6 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

Ok so if I'm understanding this correctly:

1. Get a second ps3.

2. Put my main account on it and download the game I have a license for.

3. Put my alternate account on it then launch the game on both. One as my main and one as alt. 

4. Profit?

Yes. Happy self-boosting!

• Like 1

On 2021-02-21 at 9:02 AM, Super_Mep said:

Yeah that could be the case with some games. But there are many you can do without too much hassle. One big plus with the PS3 is that most physical copies of PS3 games are very cheap nowadays, so if you can’t find a specific game in the store you can almost certainly find a cheap disc at a local game store/pawn shop/Craigslist etc., or order it from Amazon or EBay if you can’t find one locally. The online is free too, which is another big bonus! As for PS4, you’re correct that you’d have to have PS+ on both consoles in order to play online together.

Also, I’ve actually been in quite a few boosting groups where one or more players have brought an alt on their secondary PS3 to make some of those trophies requiring 6-8 man groups a lot easier. There are also tons of games where you can use an alt to very easily boost XP, farm kill-related trophies, ranked match wins, or co-op specific tasks. You can actually get a LOT done with just 2 consoles.

If you have a few minutes to spare, I’d maybe try perusing the PS3 section on the PST forums. They used to have a lot of great lists compiled on random topics, and there’s a chance they might have something that gives you more ideas for specific games you can do.