Possibly Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to PS.

Riztopher

I saw this article and read it and it's pretty vague but what other platforms would they even be talking about, unless it's the switch via cloud. I seen a lot of people on twitter talking about it too. https://gamerant.com/343-industries-halo-master-chief-collection-new-platform-february-2021/amp/?__twitter_impression=true I'm a huge Halo fan and have almost competed the entire series on Xbox and would love to see it come to PlayStation. I don't think they'd release Halo 5 or Infinite but I do think it's plausible for MCC. 

I don't know how trophies would work considering MCC on Steam and Xbox has over 700 Achievements equivalent to 7,000 Gamerscore.

• Like 3

Never liked the Halo games. Always found them dull, and very tedious. Also despised the art form in the games, everything looked gray and crappy.  But I guess if it’s true that they will come to PS they will probably sell really well and make some people excited. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Halo 1 & 3 are masterpieces and worth getting the MCC just for them, 2 & 4 suck, Reach is decent and ODST is a fun little diversion but ultimately forgettable. I haven't played Halo 5 but haven't heard anything good about it and Infinite is shaping up to be a trainwreck. Halo Wars 1 is decent but suffered from annoying balancing problems and at least 1 glitched achievement (I haven't played Halo Wars 2 so can't comment on it).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Halo 1 & 3 are masterpieces and worth getting the MCC just for them, 2 & 4 suck, Reach is decent and ODST is a fun little diversion but ultimately forgettable. I haven't played Halo 5 but haven't heard anything good about it and Infinite is shaping up to be a trainwreck. Halo Wars 1 is decent but suffered from annoying balancing problems (I haven't played Halo Wars 2 so can't comment on it).

HW2 is actually pretty decent. Works best with mouse and keyboard.

• Like 1

I doubt it but I would love for that to happen. I feel like older games going multiplatform after a while is a good idea. Like older Xbox games like the early Halo and Gears games could be on PS and the Uncharted trilogy and the early Ratchet, Jak, Sly games could be on Xbox. The older games aren't really bringing in new gamers to those consoles. Maybe new entries in those series but not the original games. It's like Crash and Spyro. The PS1 games are available on other consoles. I get that it's because of Activision owning them now but it would be better to not keep older games like that exclusive to a console after all these years

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Why would Microsoft put it's biggest exclusive franchise and biggest system seller on their biggest competitors system? That makes no sense. If it were to go to a competitor console, it would go to the Switch. The two companies already have a good working relationship. Even just putting it on the Epic games store would make more sense.

That was more or less how I saw it. Basically thinking, why would it come to PS when Sony is supposed to be Microsoft's biggest competitor?

I mean, if it did come to the PS, that would be cool. I've played one of the Halo games once before. Don't recall which one it was though, but I'd still play them if they ever did come to PS, even if it's extremely unlikely.

I think the MCC would be great...but the series is pretty much dead for the most part...and Microsoft killed it. I wouldn't doubt if they bailed on the i.p. after the pile-driving they gave the series. Put it this way....right now...the game UNO has 10 times more people viewing than Halo 5 does on Twitch. Facts.

Edited by Shua_J
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Colin Moriarty has stated multiple times on his podcast (Sacred Symbols) that he had it on "extremely good authority" that Microsoft almost brought it to ps4 and that he is 100% sure it wasn't made up. So itd be interesting to see us actually get it 

Similar to you I know I've heard it some where that they had the MCC running on the PS4. 

I dont think it would ever come to PS and I'm not sure theres much of a market for it on the PS. It hurt Tomb Raider a lot when MS had the time exclusivity, by the time it came to PS people had moved on and they weren't really bothered and I believe a similar thing would happen if Halo did come.

Edited by Silocia

Whilst Master Chief is playable in some games on PS4 (Fortnite and Minecraft via the classic skin spring to mind), that's little more than a cameo appearance. Having one of their homegrown flagship franchises and arguably their best system seller appearing on their biggest competitors consoles just doesn't seem likely to me as it takes away a selling point. Whilst there are some technical differences between the current/next gen consoles, most people are going to be swayed by the games. If I were a gambling man, I'd put MCC going to Stadia or the Epic Games Store over PS4/Switch.

But, as Hulk said in Endgame, these are confusing times. Weirder stuff has happened in the world over the last year. 

• Like 1