Racing Game Recommendation

BucketsAndBombs

Hey guys!

Looking for a fun racing game with an easy plat.  I platted Need For Speed PS4 and really enjoyed it.  I know the Cars games have some easy platinums but I'm looking for something that isn't exactly a kids game lol. I'm not really good at racing games so if you could give me a recommendation of a easier racing game that I can enjoy late at night and plat without much trouble, it would be very appreciated!

Burnout Paradise remastered is a bit old now, but it's (imo) more satisfying than the NFS games. Xenon Racer is good if you can get it on sale, has a lot of quirks but it's a solid futuristic racer. The Wipeout collection is a fun futuristic racer especially if you have PSVR. Redout is like wipeout in some ways, worth checking out as well. As Mole17 said, CTR is a good Kart Racer if that's what you're into. Team Sonic Racing is another kart racing option, although it's got a weird team mechanic. Haven't played it myself, but Trailmakers seems pretty good and I'm going to get it as soon as it goes on sale.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BucketsAndBombs said:

Hey guys!

Looking for a fun racing game with an easy plat.  I platted Need For Speed PS4 and really enjoyed it.  I know the Cars games have some easy platinums but I'm looking for something that isn't exactly a kids game lol. I'm not really good at racing games so if you could give me a recommendation of a easier racing game that I can enjoy late at night and plat without much trouble, it would be very appreciated!

If you've done Need for Speed and enjoyed it, I would recommend picking up any of the following - Need for Speed Payback, Need for Speed Heat, or Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered. In my opinion, Heat and Hot Pursuit are shorter platinums than Payback and also better games, but Payback may still be worth your time.

Gravel is a reasonably straightforward platinum trophy and I believe it is on sale at the moment, there aren't any difficulty related trophies so you can play it on whatever level suits you. Fun and reasonably arcadey off road racer.

The Crew 2 also has a very straightforward trophy list, the map is great as well on that.

Would also advise you have a look at Wreckfest, it is one of my favourite racing games of the PS4 generation and you'll have good fun getting the platinum on that as it also reasonably straightforward.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mareepx said:

Would also advise you have a look at Wreckfest, it is one of my favourite racing games of the PS4 generation and you'll have good fun getting the platinum on that as it also reasonably straightforward.

This! What a fantastic game Wreckfest is. A lot of fun and you can modify the difficulty to suit you.

• Like 2

I completely agree with Gravel, it's more of an arcade rally game so not very serious there are a good range of difficulty settings so races can be as easy or as challenging as you like. Easier settings don't stop you getting trophies and it's not overly long so your platinum quest won't keep you past the point of boredom - I think it might even be on heavy discount on psn right now.

Burnout paradise is also a great choice as above.

Edited by Aceterix
Somehow missed mareepx already mentioning gravel
  • Like 2

I'm playing Onrush as of now and having a blast. It's a bit confusing at first but once you get into it you get some epic moments. Plat diffculty: 5/10. (Didn't plat it yet but doesn't seem difficult)

GRIP is very stunning to see in movement although a bit chaotic. Not an easy plat though. Plat difficulty: 9/10

CTR is the best karting game of all time period. FCK Mario. Plat difficulty: 8/10

DriveClub is another amazing game. Perfectly sitting in between of an arcade and a simulator. Plat difficulty: 6/10 (it's really easy actually just very long and grindy)

Jak X was really fun for me. Some people hate it and it has some weird physics but I enjoyed the chaotic racing. Plat difficulty: 4/10

Table Top Racing World Tour is a really fun indie racing game. Some of the developer are ex-Liverpool Studios (Wipeout) so it's gameplay is a bit reminiscent of that series. Plat difficulty: 5/10

Edit: Forget about DriveClub, just realized that plat is unobtanaible atm :facepalm: What a shame.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 1

Most NFS: games are pretty ok. But check the guides, there's a few harder ones.

Gravel: definitely. Fun, easy rally game.

WRC: games tend to be easy, check guides because some are harder than others.

Coffin Dodgers: for mindless fun.

Crew 2.

Dirt: check some of the Showdown ones. Again the guides will aim you to the easier ones.

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition: Top down drift fun.

Burnout Paradise: Will need boosting a few, but easy.

Concept Destruction: 30 minute platinum (plus you can check my guide! Bonus points :P )

Daytona USA: 1 hour platinum

Super Toy Cars: A bit grindy and a few harder trophies.

Truck Racer: Truck racing, quick and easy.

Wreckfest: Great fun. Might need to boost online.

Monster Jam (Series): Definitely don't check out my guide for Monster Jam: Steel Titans :P 

What about motorbike games?

Ride.

Monster Energy Supercross: Easy, a bit grindy and you need some people to help.

MX vs ATV: Easy but needs boosting.

Super Hang On: 4 hr

• Like 2

Onrush. Driving games generally don’t do it for me, but this game was an absolute blast to platinum. However, it’s not your typical racer. You’re basically on a team with AI companions and whilst your individual performance is highly important, the ultimate goal is defeating the opposition as a team. 

I jump back into it sometimes even now - there’s nothing else quite like it. So much fun.

Edited by WhosBroden16

• 2 weeks later...