Jump to content

Possible future for Anthem?


POEman553

Recommended Posts

The platinum is pretty short (so is the game really) It will take about 35 hours, 10-12 hours beat the story and get 70% of the trophies. the last 25 hours will be getting all the classes challenges complete and grinding the collectibles (random spawn style...)

Every time you get a weapon trophy, swap to another weapon. (there are a couple of weapons that are only useable by certain classes, just do them when you're leveling those classes)
 

Edited by Draps-1337
correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is different than BF2, Bioware isn't capable of creating engaging battle systems like Dice.

They should just pack it up and save resources for DA4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BioWare had no business making a game like this and the fallout from it all only goes to show. A failed experiment, best put to rest. Hopefully they learned their lesson and that the upcoming Dragon Age is no longer "Anthem with dragons"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt the servers are going anywhere. EA is actually pretty good about not shutting servers down.

 

Hopefully they do keep going with the overhaul. They’ve been doing dev diaries about the overhaul progress as they go and they definitely have me interested.

 

Hell, before they stopped supporting it to focus on the overhaul, I thought they were on the right path to fixing it then. I kinda wish they had just kept going with the small fixes but w/e.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt the servers will be shutting off any time soon, even if they decide to cut their losses on Anthem. However, when you go for the plat, check for seasonal events. I had to delay the platinum for a few weeks until the end of the winter one, because the collectables for one of the factions was really hard to find due to a decreased spawn rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

In the spirit of transparency and closure we wanted to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to stop our new development work on Anthem (aka Anthem NEXT). We will, however, continue to keep the Anthem live service running as it exists today.

We are in the clear :)

Source: https://blog.bioware.com/2021/02/24/anthem-update/

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

In the spirit of transparency and closure we wanted to share that we’ve made the difficult decision to stop our new development work on Anthem (aka Anthem NEXT). We will, however, continue to keep the Anthem live service running as it exists today.

We are in the clear :)

Source: https://blog.bioware.com/2021/02/24/anthem-update/

 

For now.

 

That's a signal to me to get started ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This hurts.  Anthem had so much potential.  EA is such a trash company.  As much money as they make off of MORONS from just FIFA Ultimate Team alone, a small fraction of that cash could easily help Anthem.  

 

No, Anthem should have not been released in the state it was in.  Not even now.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Anthem.  It needed more to do no doubt.  But you could see the potential.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2021 at 4:18 AM, Draps-1337 said:

The platinum is pretty short (so is the game really) It will take about 35 hours, 10-12 hours beat the story and get 70% of the trophies. the last 25 hours will be getting all the classes challenges complete and grinding the collectibles (random spawn style...)
 

 

I wouldn't call that short lol. I'd say that an average of a lot of Platinums. Short would be around 10-15 hours long

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShahinMiah said:

 

I wouldn't call that short lol. I'd say that an average of a lot of Platinums. Short would be around 10-15 hours long

That's true, I was kinda coming from the angle of Open world, bioware RPG, kind of short. Totally fair to say that a medium-length plat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

So much squandered potential that I really doubt was fixable, ever. BioWare are a shadow of their former glory anyway.

BioWare is still decent. I believe EA really stunted their potential on this game. Then cancelled Anthem NEXT further hurting BioWare reputation, cause they truly wanted to fix the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lucky I finished it a while ago. The Platin is quite easy but buggy with collectables. Can only advice to keep picking up any collectable u see even if game says complete. For some unknown reason the counter will reset at a point and trophy will trigger. Just be aware, buggy but obtainable! Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

BioWare is still decent. I believe EA really stunted their potential on this game. Then cancelled Anthem NEXT further hurting BioWare reputation, cause they truly wanted to fix the game.

 

Sorry my dude but BioWare abandoned decency a while ago. Look up the development of Mass Effect 3 and there's a lot of troubling stuff there, which bled into Dragon Age: InquisitionMass Effect: Andromeda and then this sorry excuse of a LiVe SeRvIcE. They've been on a severe downward spiral for a decade and the notion of the next Dragon Age being "Anthem with dragons" just spells doom. And if anything, canceling Anthem Next has saved them some time and resources to put into rebuilding their reputation because really now how many people were actually looking forward to more Anthem, truly?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the truth about bioware is, all of the original talent left between the creation of dragon age origins, and mass effect 3. and by all I mean their world class writers, the animators they all left and the people that replaced them literally had the experience to work in any indie studio.

 

Anthem has been dropped anyway youtube has been lit up with videos about it. EA threw away an IP right there because they do not have the talent to run with it. and the talent they DO have, DICE Respawn etc are busy working on their more prominant money-makers, like BF.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2021 at 6:44 PM, Stan Lee said:

 

Sorry my dude but BioWare abandoned decency a while ago. Look up the development of Mass Effect 3 and there's a lot of troubling stuff there, which bled into Dragon Age: InquisitionMass Effect: Andromeda and then this sorry excuse of a LiVe SeRvIcE. They've been on a severe downward spiral for a decade and the notion of the next Dragon Age being "Anthem with dragons" just spells doom. And if anything, canceling Anthem Next has saved them some time and resources to put into rebuilding their reputation because really now how many people were actually looking forward to more Anthem, truly?

I haven't played DA:I but i heard it was phenomenal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I haven't played DA:I but i heard it was phenomenal?

 

It was a good game. As was Mass Effect 3 bar the ending. But what went on behind the scenes in those games was abhorrent and caused a lot of the studio's best talent to leave. Which contributed to the failures of the next two games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it had a good basis but it was not ready to be released it needed atleast 2 more years anyway get your platinums asap because most likely they will close the servers in about 2 years not alot of people play the game and even less will play now since they killed the revamp at some piont if they deem that the expense of keeping the servers is not worth it they are going down

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think servers might be down, every time I try to start any expedition or mission, the loading screen goes up 3/4 ways then restarts and gets stuck at 1/5 of the ways. I have waited for it to just start for 30 mins, 2 times and it has never started, is anyone having the same issue, and if it can be fixed, please tell me! Thanks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...