Hopefully we get Alan wake 2

Thephoenixshow

I doubt it will be either - my money is on something else, but within their 'shared universe'

I suspect that if an Alan Wake sequel were really in the works, some kind of re-release or remaster would have been announced already, most likely to come to all platforms this time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt it will be either - my money is on something else, but within their 'shared universe'

I suspect that if an Alan Wake sequel were really in the works, some kind of re-release or remaster would have been announced already, most likely to come to all platforms this time.

They only got back the IP short after Control's release and were obviously busy on the DLCs and the PS5 version. So not necessarily.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobbsquatch said:

They only got back the IP short after Control's release and were obviously busy on the DLCs and the PS5 version. So not necessarily.

hmmm, could be - that's possible I guess, didn't realise there was an IP rights issue in the mix.

I think for sure if an AW sequel were to be made, a re-release or remaster of the first one on Playsatation will be the first indication though. Whether they do it in-house, or get another studio to do the leg-work on it.

I wonder what Bluepoint games are up to now? 

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

hmmm, could be - that's possible I guess, didn't realise there was an IP rights issue in the mix.

I think for sure if an AW sequel were to be made, a re-release or remaster of the first one on Playsatation will be the first indication though. Whether they do it in-house, or get another studio to do the leg-work on it.

I wonder what Bluepoint games are up to now? 

That be awesome if they do it I was hoping blue point would done mgs remake but I highly doubt that will ever happen cause f konima lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thephoenixshow said:

That be awesome if they do it I was hoping blue point would done mgs remake but I highly doubt that will ever happen cause f konima lol 

I actually would put decent money on Bluepoint doing exactly that at some point down the line. MGS seems like exactly the kind of sacred cow that could do with a remake, and Bluepoint are certainly the folks to do it - it seems like a perfect match.

(Personally, I absolutely detested MGS, and it's sequels, and thought it represented the destruction of everything I liked about the original Metal Gear.... but I know I am in a minority there! 

Those games are beloved by many and MGS in particular is practically sacred ground for a lot of gamers)

• Like 1

There is NO WAY they do anything but Alan Wake 2 next.  It was the Final DLC and it was the perfect setup to bring Alan Wake back.  I guarantee you that whole DLC was made for that very reason!

I think the remaster will come when 2 is announced.  It might even come packaged as a "preorder bonus" for 2.  But yea I'm massively hyped!  Alan Wake is my favorite game of all time.  And the sequel is FINALLY happening!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I actually would put decent money on Bluepoint doing exactly that at some point down the line. MGS seems like exactly the kind of sacred cow that could do with a remake, and Bluepoint are certainly the folks to do it - it seems like a perfect match.

(Personally, I absolutely detested MGS, and it's sequels, and thought it represented the destruction of everything I liked about the original Metal Gear.... but I know I am in a minority there! 

Those games are beloved by many and MGS in particular is practically sacred ground for a lot of gamers)

I think they most likely will remake something like ico or maybe blood borne  or maybe there make there own game who knows it would be cool to be able to play the first game again  with 4k raytracing lol without plugging my ps1 in again and seeing polo gone pixals    mgs is a decent  series with high point and low points  5 was disappointing 4 I couldn't take certain moments seriously eg Ottocon  crying as everything he loves dies 3 was amazing 2 was alright aside from not likeing raiden at the time and 1 was a classic obvs  peace walker was pretty good  Portable ops wasn't bad never played the 3ds game and never played the nes games tho I don't think there cannon.

1 minute ago, JDG0223 said:

There is NO WAY they do anything but Alan Wake 2 next.  It was the Final DLC and it was the perfect setup to bring Alan Wake back.  I guarantee you that whole DLC was made for that very reason!

I think the remaster will come when 2 is announced.  It might even come packaged as a "preorder bonus" for 2.  But yea I'm massively hyped!  Alan Wake is my favorite game of all time.  And the sequel is FINALLY happening!

I hope so bud also they wouldn't of renued ThE licence if a sequel wasn't coming obvs I know the og  version of 2 was canned but I can't wait for a sequel

47 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I've been asking Remedy Entertainment to, at least, port Alan Wake to PlayStation for years on social media. :)

Hopefully that dlc means we might get the first as Pre order bonus As jdgo  said and the sequel realse on all consoles and remember the canceled Alan wake 2  or its the rumour I heard with the game with Alan wake Jessie and the quatam break guy teaming up

Edited by Thephoenixshow