500k Kilometres Trophy

Anke

Just got the 500k trophy. This one popped live unlike the 100k. I made a copy of my save game onto external hard drive before grinding out these trophies so I will reload that now and go on to the platinum ??

Edited by Rowbokop

13 minutes ago, MrDonkey said:

Not possible anymore. Version out of the store is 1.02 and cannot downgrade in a legal not moddified way.

It’s not illegal to play a previous version of a game that you own. PSN downloads are just the base game + whatever the latest update is. All you’re doing is grabbing the base game on its own without the update so you’re not modding anything in any way.

I downgraded, performed the glitch, then updated and put my old save back on and everything is working fine.

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know the fastest way to level up in this game?

I’m currently loading up my truck/trailer to the maximum capacity all from the same pick up location to the same delivery location so it’s just one trip and I’m not doing lots of stops, but is there a better way of doing it?

Is it long trips or lots of shorter trips? Livestock or product? And which Trucks/trailers? I know about the damage system and the huge gigaline trailer seems hard to control, especially with the stupid AI and horrible camera controls lol.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Rowbokop

Wow so they literally just broke the whole game with the 1.03 update. As soon as you load into the game your truck goes all blurry and the game crashes, blue screen. Had to downgrade to version 1.00 again and play with even worse AI ... ? fml.

I am literally never trusting my money with these low budget games ever again. Bee Simulator was the last disaster.

I just answered my own question in playing version 1.00.

You get wayyyyy more rep and money per job compared to the updated versions. I jumped 3 levels in one trip about a quarter of the way around Germany with about 7x the money earned. Previously that would’ve bumped me up only about 1/5 of a level so turns out that 1.03 crash was actually a blessing in disguise ?

So I went from level 6 to level 10 with just two relatively short runs and got the platinum last night, but man what a seriously poor game.

The jittering visuals (it’s like they’d never heard of anti-aliasing), the moronic AI that makes cars stick to you like a magnet, the horrible draw distance in which signs pop up right as you’re about to pass them, the driverless cars that fall from the sky, the slow buggy menus, the audio clipping.... the list goes on. 

Not only that, but nothing actually matters in the game. Ran out of fuel? No problem. Expired driver card? No worries, just keep driving. There was no consequence or incentive to do any of these things other than to make the notifications go away so they just felt completely tacked on and useless for the sake of ‘realism’. The only thing that had any bearing on the game was the damage system and outside hitting things you could drive like an absolute hooligan trying to get to your destination as quick as possible. You also didn’t really need your drivers for anything at all. If you needed extra cash you can just get one driver to drive over and over and even then there’s a very easy glitch that lets them complete jobs instantly.

I really wanted to like this game, but instead I found the enjoyment wore off very quickly and it just became a trophy acquiring exercise. I barely had any fun playing it. It was just aimless, pointless and endless driving from point A to B. I wish I’d known they’d nerfed the XP gains in the updates a lot sooner so I could have been over and done with it much quicker lol.

By comparison, Bus Simulator was a FAR FAR better game and although that wasn’t perfect either, it actually did a lot of things right and was a much more enjoyable and rewarding experience. You created the routes specifically, you got scored on how well you drove right down to the indicating and your drivers were actually needed for progression. In On The Road you are literally just on a long, boring inconsequential drive and are not invested in anything. Hell, even Truck Driver was a much better game and that was pretty average.

And some the the functions didn’t seem to work, like for example I could never get the retarder to do anything as nothing happened when I turned it up or down, but who knows, maybe that was just me being too retarded to know how to use it LOL. ? Also fines never showed up in your expense report.

So anyway, I’m going to shut up and get off this forum now which I’m sure anyone reading will be pleased about lol. My suggestion to anyone who had the misfortune of buying this game but still wants to plat it is stick to version 1.00 and you will get to level 10 in like 1/100th the amount of time and perform the aforementioned glitch to get the 10, 100 and 500k trophies.

I appreciate the OP for putting this up and for everyone posting their discoveries on how to obtain this trophy, I would’ve never been able to do it otherwise so cheers to that?

Peace

• Like 3

On 24-3-2021 at 0:19 AM, MrDonkey said:

Not possible anymore. Version out of the store is 1.02 and cannot downgrade in a legal not moddified way.

There's also a physical edition. This comes without patches and you can just cancel the download of the patch.

Apart from that it's indeed possible to downgrade digital editions as well with the link @DaivRules provided.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 1:58 AM, da_eMTy said:

Dont know how to get these trophies, I hoped you could get it with a driver. Ive let them running for some hours and after that I watched how many kilometers they got and startet the Truck...but the Speedometer (Tacho) was at 0...so I think you have to do it by yourself.

When I was driving from Berlin to Munich Ive got 11.05 Kilometers per Minute, this would be 45.249 Minutes (~ 754 Hours) ive you only use long tracks with alot of speedway, because you can drive max 90kmh...

Ive got 3500km on my truck and Im lvl 4. Im wondering how @Steini288 and @Josephhhh1993 got to level 10 and dont reach the 10k km or if the trophy is buggy and they are over 10k

I think 10,000 km trophy is buggy 

Edit: (I went past 10k km and at that time I first replied it didn't pop) this trophy is not buggy, I just needed to finish downloading update version 1.09 then right around I get in the loading screen "mint condition" trophy pops ?

Edited by RogueAgent-Code7
Add info