how do i find disc version?

melodicmizery

maybe im a bit rusty or tired but i cant find the patch version of this ps3 game i have its a special edition. on ps4 i know you click triangle and look at it but on ps3 it dont have that option. when i go into game data utility and look at version it doesnt say, it just says "  -  "  im doing this without updating the game to see the disc version without updates. 

is there somewhere else i should be looking? 

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

If checking for updates doesn't prompt a download, either the game doesn't have any patches or it comes pre-patched.

i dont want the update, i want the original version 1.00. and special or goty editions usually dont have 1.00 since they contain dlc. so im trying to find out exactly what version it is

21 hours ago, Helyx said:

So, what game?

it was little big planet 2 special edition, but i just got the regular version disc in the mail today so i'll just use that since it should be 1.0. 

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i dont want the update, i want the original version 1.00. and special or goty editions usually dont have 1.00 since they contain dlc. so im trying to find out exactly what version it is

it was little big planet 2 special edition, but i just got the regular version disc in the mail today so i'll just use that since it should be 1.0. 

The only way you can tell what version a game is without patching it, is to boot it up and see if there's a version number in one corner of the screen or in a menu somewhere but  even on the PS4, a lot of games don't do that. BTW, why do you want the Vanilla version of the LBP 2? AFAIK, there aren't exploits in that version ?.

On 2/11/2021 at 5:10 AM, HuntingFever said:

The only way you can tell what version a game is without patching it, is to boot it up and see if there's a version number in one corner of the screen or in a menu somewhere but  even on the PS4, a lot of games don't do that. BTW, why do you want the Vanilla version of the LBP 2? AFAIK, there aren't exploits in that version 1f914.png.

overlord on 1.00, you can attach emitters and all kinds of stuff on your character to toy around with. ive seen it done here, once you unlock create mode you can do it. so far i havent been able to get it to work.