How to connect PS4/PSV to user agreement Wifi

RedHotChiliFan1

Greetings,

My name is a Red and I had a question.

I had issues to connect to a wifi where I first had to agree to a user agreement. Google didn't really helped at first.

My mistake was maybe I tried first with my Vita. Yesterday I tried with my PS4 and I got my first clue.

PS4 cannot connect to a SSL connection.

So I google this and found a 20s video. He just deleted from https:// the s and I was able to load the site with my browser.

Now both PS4/Vita are connected with this wifi. Niceu.

I will try next time with my PS3, but I'm sure it will work as well.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Edited by RedHotChiliFan1

I'm guessing these kind of captive networks may not just work on these consoles due to the browsers being so outdated they would just not be supported.

The browser login is after all a security measure to prevent anyone from accessing the network, and the browsers on these old consoles probably haven't been updated in years. Wouldn't be too surprised if there were issues with security features, certificates and whatnot.

@RedHotChiliFan1: When you get the browser login on phone, check the URL. Try and go to that URL on your vita and if it works try to login and see what happens. I remember I was in a hotel with such a wifi and that worked in my case.

@NERVergoproxy: Most network limitations are hardware related. If the network chip didn't include 5GHz compatibility from the start then you won't just patch it in. If a certain security algorithm is too much for the chip to process, they can't just patch it in because it won't work.

Since you're also referring to work: I know anything game related is blocked by the firewall where I work. The vita can connect to the wifi but nothing online works because the firewall blocks it. With the old PS Messages App it would only work if I was logged in before I connected to the wifi at work. The old PS App wouldn't work. No idea how it's now with the new PS App because I have been working from home. I think there's a big chance you have a similar firewall problem because almost all wifi networks today still support 2.4GHz, it's still the most used frequency by far for wifi. Modern 5GHz routers also still include 2.4GHz so unless somebody turns that off on purpose... it should connect.

2 hours ago, Kolm said:

When you get the browser login on phone, check the URL. Try and go to that URL on your vita and if it works try to login and see what happens. I remember I was in a hotel with such a wifi and that worked in my case.

I will try this thx.

With PS3/Vita about firewall I'm not so sure, but for PS4/Xbox it has to work, cuz I got a how to setup guide for this and both are mentioned.