EA Servers

Zagettrix

You could be permanently locked out of playing online. It’s what happened to my fiancé. He’s tried multiple times to connect to the EA servers in past few months and he’s had no luck at all. Apparently it’s seems to be a issue with this game sadly. I was very lucky I was able to get my co-op trophies to be honest. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm for my part that there are no problems with the servers
yesterday I was able to connect perfectly with two players that I don't have on my list
I hope to platinum without problem
feel free to add me for the co-op although I would like a past single first
I also have the dlc
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought the game 2 days ago & can't connect to EA servers either. EA Help site says the servers are up & working but no matter what I do, still can't connect. The fact you can't do co-op splitscreen in this is the dumbest decision ever.

• Like 1

Hello! If somebody can't connect, be sure you download and installed Patch + Online Pass. Also... It's only possible to play in coop with a standart mode (classic, survival, hardcore don't support it). So if you/your partner will be on that classic/survival/hardcore save, you will not able to connect to each other ;)

• Like 1

On 2021-04-12 at 7:27 PM, ObsiEez said:

Just bought the game 2 days ago & can't connect to EA servers either. EA Help site says the servers are up & working but no matter what I do, still can't connect. The fact you can't do co-op splitscreen in this is the dumbest decision ever.

Yup. It took me forever to figure it out. I popped in Mirror’s Edge and it said my game details were incorrect and it gave me the option to sign in my EA account. After that I had no problem getting onto DS3.

Newer EA games just tell you your login is incorrect or you can’t login without giving you an option to login in. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

EA this month failed to announce FUSE servers closure (they did it June 1st). Im writhing it here because both Fuse and Dead Space 3 are EA games from 2013. Good luck guys and lets hope they dont close DS3 out of nowhere like they did with Insomniac game.

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK (but correct me if I'm wrong) the servers are P2P so can't be shutdown.

Okay. Just so i understand you correctly, when you mean P2P it all can be done locally just as long as one of us Host a Session? :)

20 minutes ago, X3N0-py said:

Okay. Just so i understand you correctly, when you mean P2P it all can be done locally just as long as one of us Host a Session? :)

P2P is a way of online connecting. 

pretty much 1 'player' serves as a host and the other 'players' connect to that host. 

There is no global server the players connect to. So it is online and it cannot be shutdown.

but be aware, as p2p does sometimes use a general server for, for example, Stats. I believe that was the problem with fear 2 as it was p2p but still required a server connection for something.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

P2P is a way of online connecting. 

pretty much 1 'player' serves as a host and the other 'players' connect to that host. 

There is no global server the players connect to. So it is online and it cannot be shutdown.

but be aware, as p2p does sometimes use a general server for, for example, Stats. I believe that was the problem with fear 2 as it was p2p but still required a server connection for something.

Thanks for clearing that up m8 :)

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, Vorfied said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm getting the "unable to connect to EA servers" error too. Is there any fix that doesn't involve having another EA game to sign in to?

Once my friend couldnt connect to EA Dead Space 3 servers, cache clearing helped him.

1. Find Game in the Cross-Menu Bar (XMB).
  2. Scroll down to Game Data Utility.
  3. Look for the game you’re having problems with.
  4. Press the Triangle button, and an options menu will show on the right side.
  5. Select Delete, then press X to confirm.

The next time you play the game, you’ll be asked to re-install the missing data.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-02-15 at 9:55 PM, Vorfied said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm getting the "unable to connect to EA servers" error too. Is there any fix that doesn't involve having another EA game to sign in to?

It says on EA website that the server is down for PS3 but its up for 360 and steam… Does someone know how long it’s been down for ps3?

Edit: Actually scratch that it says the servers are down on the Dead Space 3 server status but now it works for me, I think it’s because my EA account credentials had expired. I just had to update my password and it worked

Edited by Rawzix

• 7 months later...

me and friend recently done the co-op stuff in main game (just working on finishing the collectible stuff and then the dlc) and one thing is the invites error out but we played in public where i hosted and my friend found my game and we had no issues other maybe i got disconnected once mid game and signed out of psn 

Edited by judas_korn_fan
  • Like 2