Ellie and Joel cast in Last of Us TV series - including first look

I've never seen Game of Thrones, so have barely even heard of Bella.  Thus, it's impossible for me to say whether she'll do a good or bad job of playing Ellie until I can see a clip of her in action.

I'll keep an eye on how this series progresses, although it'll likely be some time yet before it really starts to take shape.

41 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

She'll kill it for sure. How lucky we will be to have two awesome iterations of the same character. Looking forward to the Joel casting.

Not sure how I feel about her as I havent watched a single minute of GoT. My picks were Kaitlyn Dever from Booksmart and Justified, or Ruby Jay from The Unicorn. Hope she kills it though.

• Like 1

Nope, no thanks, a swing and a miss.  There are plenty of great actors out there who can play lots of diverse roles, and as far as Pedro and Bella are concerned, they can probably do a great job in many roles, but as far as Joel and Ellie, they aren't it.  These two characters are incredibly unique and I would have much preferred using the actual voice actors (especially considering Ashley was a screen actress long before she got into voice work) if they couldn't find the perfect duo elsewhere.  Looks like HBO just went and hired two of it's own, as generic hollywood as you can get.  I really hope they prove me wrong, and I'll of course give them the benefit of the doubt and watch them in action before judging their performance, but I just don't have any real hope for this.  And considering how awful most video games films/shows end up being, that hope wasn't very high to begin with.

• Like 2

This is the first im hearing about a last of us television show with game of thrones actors

so i take it theres gona be tits huh ;)

well then

In all seriousness though

i might type it into the ol’ firestick If i care to remember and watch an episode or two, try and give it a shot
i have no hopes going into it, therefore i cant be let down

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You don't cast an actor based on how much they resemble the subject, you cast based on whether they can act the part well   

Of course you don’t base solely on the looks but imagine Elliot Page playing Malcolm X instead of Denzel, that would be a poor choice no matter how talented Elliot is. 
I can see Pascal as Joel even though he is a mediocre actor at best, but I have a harder time seeing Ramsey as Ellie though. 

At least we won’t get the Netflix adaption where Pascal plays Ellie and Ramsey plays Joel. 

I was really hoping we would get Hugh Jackman as Joel. But who knows both actors might surprise us and nail their respective roles. 
So I am keeping a open mind since I adore both TLOU games. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

I thought she was great as the fiery tongued little Lyanna Mormont in GoT, but I’m not going to lie... I’m having a really hard time picturing her as Ellie. Hopefully she ends up doing a good job.

Edit:

Removed my comments on Mahershala Ali being looked at for Joel, as apparently the role has already been cast as pointed out in OP. 

Also, you know who would have been a great casting for Ellie?

Kaitlyn Dever!

Tell me you don’t see it.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1