Corpse Party coming to PS4

Tristan1427

1 hour ago, Superbuu3 said:

Is this all the games? I heard the first two games were excellent

I believe it's just the first game. It's the updated version with new art in HD that released back in 2011 for the PSP, and more recently on the 3DS.

I still love the nonsensically long subtitle, but regardless, I'm excited to play this classic again on something that isn't my modded PSP. I'm surprised this game of all things is getting a port this late in the PS4's life cycle, would have sat perfectly on the Vita alongside Blood Drive. I hope Book of Shadows comes out on PS4 as well, never did get to finish it.

52 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I assume this is a VN, right?

It's a mix of visual novel and RPG. You can move around and explore (which will also lead to you either dying or not), collect student IDs and just examine things. It reminds me of one of those RPG Maker horror games that were super popular in the early 2010s.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

I still love the nonsensically long subtitle, but regardless, I'm excited to play this classic again on something that isn't my modded PSP. I'm surprised this game of all things is getting a port this late in the PS4's life cycle, would have sat perfectly on the Vita alongside Blood Drive. I hope Book of Shadows comes out on PS4 as well, never did get to finish it.

It's a mix of visual novel and RPG. You can move around and explore (which will also lead to you either dying or not), collect student IDs and just examine things. It reminds me of one of those RPG Maker horror games that were super popular in the early 2010s.

I loved those RPG Maker games..I played them so much back in the day. Alright, I will check this out ?

No idea whether watching the anime is necessary for it or not though

2 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I loved those RPG Maker games..I played them so much back in the day. Alright, I will check this out 1f601.png

No idea whether watching the anime is necessary for it or not though

The anime basically takes the worst choices of the game — and by worst I mean the highest mortality rate — and puts them together to make the anime. It's more or less an intense shock value version of the game (somewhat tasteless, but that's just my opinion), and I think it really undermines the experience as a whole if you watch the anime, then play the game.

• Like 1

I played the first corpse party many years ago and was great, extremly gruesome and the atmo was fantastic. the sequels were not that good. Especially the 3rd game was pretty bad. too much scfi fantasy, not enough horror.

I am really looking foreward to this ps4 port.

considering the trophies themself are in english, do you think it will be released? I mean, it hasnt been announced yet.

14 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I played the first corpse party many years ago and was great, extremly gruesome and the atmo was fantastic. the sequels were not that good. Especially the 3rd game was pretty bad. too much scfi fantasy, not enough horror.

I am really looking foreward to this ps4 port.

considering the trophies themself are in english, do you think it will be released? I mean, it hasnt been announced yet.

It might, however English trophies don't always guarantee an English release. One example off the top of my head is God Eater 2; it had English trophies for non-JP accounts, but it was a JP only game for a couple years before Rage Burst came out. There's other games like that, but I can't think of any immediately.

At the same time, Corpse Party is popular enough in the west to come out. Even the most niche game of the series, Sachiko no Ren'ai Yūgi ♥ Hysteric Birthday 2U, got released outside Japan via Marvelous doing so. I don't see why they'd hold back one game when every other one has come out.

Hopefully there will be English versions.

The Corpse Party Trilogy (BR, Book of Shadows and Blood Drive) had English versions on PSP, PSP and Vita, respectively. I don’t see much difficulty for the developer to re-release English versions on PS4 again.

Hope they fixed the bug in PSP version of original Corpse Party, where it was impossible to collect one of the nametags. However, since it doesn’t seem to have a trophy for collecting all nametags, so who knows :(

Edited by ChenZheCHN

4 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Well, this version of corpse party contains new scenarios which need to be translated. it isnt just a re-release.

I am pretty hyped and I hope, that somehow the japanese version contains an english translation. lets wait and see.

hope dies last (die hoffnung stirbt zuletzt) ;)

the game is out in the japanese psn store, and the store page does say, that the ingame text is in both japanese and english (you need to google translate the description on the store page to see it).

UPDATE: the japanese version is playable in english. You can switch the text language in the main menu. I am playing it right now.

Edited by Ranari_Kai
  • Like 3