Question regarding leveling and Apocalyptic/NG+

Viper

Okay so as of the time I make this post, I'm near the end of my first Playthrough on Story difficulty, I'm at the point where I can fight Pride but I'm doing a little trophy clean up before I make it to the end. Now I'm only level 26, so I feel a bit underleveled as is. But I thought about something and maybe someone could help confirm this for me. 

So I've been saving up all my Lurcher Shards to make the Beast Mode trophy easier (which will be part of my trophy clean up here soon). So I plan on backing up my save before attempting this, getting the trophy, then redownloading the save that way I have full access to all those Souls I used for Beast Mode. Which those, coupled with the 16 Luminous Visages I'll have...getting to level 50 shouldn't be a problem.

But...I also know enemies are supposed to scale with you right? So after getting the Beast Mode trophy and reloading that save. If I finish the game, start NG+/Apocalyptic, spend NO (or very few) souls the entire playthough...meaning stay at level 26, just upgrading my weapons...it should, in theory make Apocalyptic that much easier right? That way I can level up with all souls I have after the fact. 

Also, while I'm here...would you suggest finishing The Crucible and Keepers of the Void before doing NG+/Apocalyptic? Which means I'll get more souls before continuing if this works the way I'm thinking it does. 

Darkisiders III works like souls game.I don't suggest you to not level up for NG+ cycle.You need to have a good damage output.Also on Apocalyptic you can be one shotted or two shotted.I suggest you to do before attempting your run on Apocalyptic the crucible and keepers of the void in order to unlock better armor and weapons. 

3 hours ago, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Darkisiders III works like souls game.I don't suggest you to not level up for NG+ cycle.You need to have a good damage output.Also on Apocalyptic you can be one shotted or two shotted.I suggest you to do before attempting your run on Apocalyptic the crucible and keepers of the void in order to unlock better armor and weapons. 

Well my reasoning here is that, while I realize enemies will be harder on Apocalyptic, if I'm not leveling up...they aren't either. Now even though I'm not adding anything to my Strength rating, if I continue to level up my weapons, THOSE will get stronger against enemies that are staying stagnant. Will do the DLC first though. 

2 hours ago, cometowner said:

use duplicate item glitch to level up but it won't make difference because enemy scale also 

I keep reading in threads on here that using the Dupe glitch screws the game up. It causes enemies to get a health and damage output boost or something? And leveling up too much only make things harder on yourself. 

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Well my reasoning here is that, while I realize enemies will be harder on Apocalyptic, if I'm not leveling up...they aren't either. Now even though I'm not adding anything to my Strength rating, if I continue to level up my weapons, THOSE will get stronger against enemies that are staying stagnant. Will do the DLC first though. 

I keep reading in threads on here that using the Dupe glitch screws the game up. It causes enemies to get a health and damage output boost or something? And leveling up too much only make things harder on yourself. 

That ain't true.Also on Bloodborne enemies are supposed to scale with your level but i found more easy my first run on Bloodlevel 150 then my run at Bloodlevel 4 lol.I mean based on difficulty the NPC have stats and level fixed.On my run when i start at some level i will almost be killed and for take down enemies i need a certain amount of hit,but when i level up the damage was lower and the hit for kill them also.

16 hours ago, Viper said:

Indeed but if you dupe the item that turn to huge red lady then you will cheesecake your way 

• 2 weeks later...