Guide of the Year Awards 2020 Nominations & Voting

Dreggit

1 hour ago, JNSpradlin said:

I am kind of miffed that my Fell Seal guide didnt make the cut. It was amazing.

3 hours ago, Dreggit said:

With the sheer number guides under review, and many of them qualifying, we could not put every single guide that we wanted into this list. So in consideration to that fact, even if you do not see your guide here, or a guide that you think should have been here, please do not take it as a personal insult and that we sincerely appreciate all that the guide community brings to PSNP

• Like 3

Gameplay - Yakuza Kiwami and Dreams
Walkthrough - Warframe and Trails of Cold Steel IV
Niche - Children of Morta and Subnautica

DLC - Fell Seal and Minecraft
Formatting - Nexomon and Trails of Cold Steel IV
Imported - Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne and Project DIVA
Original Content - Trails of Cold Steel IV and Persona 5 Royal
GOTY - Trails of Cold Steel IV 

• Like 2

Walkthrough - Persona 4 Golden

^ I really wish there were more JRPG walkthroughs like this. I was able to fully enjoy the story and gameplay without having to click all over the place to make sure I got everything.

DLC - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

^ Really made that combo challenge trophy (comparatively) less of a headache.

I didn't use any of the guides in the other categories, so I can't vote for them.

Edit: Just realized my votes won't count. Sorry guys.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

wanna also voice support for "I don't like this way, I liked us nominating," missed some real great ones. 

Edit: Guess I have to vote for everything. Fine.

GOTY: Demon's Souls

Gameplay: #1 Persona 5 Royal #2 Yakuza Kiwami

Walkthrough: #1 Demon Souls #2 Persona 4 Golden

Niche: #1 Jotun #2 Moonlighter

DLC: #1 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax #2 Dead By Daylight Silent Hill

Formatting: #1 Last of Us Part II #2 Jotun

Imported: #1 BlazBlue: Chronophantasma  #2 BlazBlue: Chronophantasma - 追加トロフィーグループ「テルミ」

Original Content: #1 House Flipper #2 Creaks

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

wanna also voice support for "I don't like this way, I liked us nominating," missed some real great ones. 

I'll just vote GOTY Demon's Souls and that's it. Too many in each category ive never even seen before.

You have to vote for at least two cats. i think or they won't count your vote

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Void said:

i think the previous way was better. as i have not used any of the listed guides i will refrain from voting.

Definitely, what’s the point of giving “visibility” when people are going to vote on their favourites or the ones they used, not like they are going to glanze at all those guides (not blaming here). And even then, some guides were lost there.

So much effort wasted by the Staff in my opinion (well except for the fact that the nominees get a quality badge, that’s good)

Not to mention the fact that some guides repeat on categories most of them the future Walkthrough goty’s, I think that wasn’t a thing last year, so even less opportunities for less popular guides.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Definitely, what’s the point of giving “visibility” when people are going to vote on their favourites or the ones they used, not like they are going to glanze at all those guides (not blaming here). And even then, some guides were lost there.

So much effort wasted by the Staff in my opinion (well except for the fact that the nominees get a quality badge, that’s good)

Not to mention the fact that some guides repeat on categories most of them the future Walkthrough goty’s, I think that wasn’t a thing last year, so even less opportunities for less popular guides.

Yeah I can understand that point of view as well but usually the same thing ends up happening when most players end up nominating  guides that they personally & then it just becomes more about how popular the game is & less about how good the guide is. Plus a lot of the more niche guides that are super well detailed & written get over looked since there isn't enough people talking about it because it's so niche. I can understand both sides & the pros & cons of each so it's really hard to balance it out. I think the best way would be to incorporate a mix of both systems in. Where some of nominees are decided by the users & some are decided by the guide team as to try & maximize on the pros of both systems & minimize on the cons

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1