Guide of the Year Awards 2020 Nominations & Voting

Dreggit

I’m super flattered to be nominated and am glad to see my Buried Stars walkthrough helped some people!!

I will vote for Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 4 for best walkthrough as I used it to get platinum and it saved my butt and made the game super enjoyable and stress free.

Thanks guide team for being awesome!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, KhajiitWerewolf said:

I’m super flattered to be nominated and am glad to see my Buried Stars walkthrough helped some people!!

I will vote for Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 4 for best walkthrough as I used it to get platinum and it saved my butt and made the game super enjoyable and stress free.

Thanks guide team for being awesome!

Your vote may not count officially but I appreciate the kind words on Cold Steel IV my man. Congrats on your nomination too, it was well deserved; maybe I’ll have a chance to properly use it in the future :pimp:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Ah... would've been chuffed to get even just a badge. Submitting just before the 31st wasn't the best idea I've ever had either. Still, there's always another year. 475 guides is a whopping amount to sort through so hopefully all the nominees feel proud of their work even if they don't end up winning. I haven't played many of these games so me not picking something doesn't mean a great deal. I mainly went for the ones that seemed like I'd find easy to follow on top of looking like a lot of effort had gone into them, which all of them did.

Gameplay

Grand Theft Auto III - 100% / Is That All You've Got? Trophy Guide

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Full Collectibles Guide

Walkthrough (this was especially tricky to choose)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - Overall Walkthrough

Persona 4 Golden - Platinum Walkthrough

Niche

I Am Bread Trophy Guide

Subnautica Trophy Guide

DLC

Driveclub - Tour DLC Trophy Guide

DmC Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall DLC Trophy Guide

Formatting

Doom Eternal Trophy Guide

The Last of Us Part II Trophy Guide (admittedly this is the only one I've played in this category, but it's very easy to follow and great to look at).

Imported

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Trophy Guide

真・女神転生 III Nocturne HD Remaster

Original Content

House Flipper Trophy Guide

Jotun Trophy Guide

GOTY

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - Overall Walkthrough

As for the changes this year, I actually do think it's an improvement on previous years. The only thing I'm unsure of is games getting put into multiple categories. Just seems to defeat the purpose of giving the nominations more variety, but that's the only thing really.

Well thank you for voting for my Doom guide even though it didn't help you personally!

• Like 2

First of all, all the guidemakers are winner for me ??, because of their hardwork, people who are lazy asses like me can jump to the guides to save a lots and lots of our precious time on this beautiful ?? gaming universe ❤️❤️.  A huge applause to the legendary Powerpyx also because....because every platinum hunter knows why ??.

But there can be only one winner so here it goes :

1. Gameplay : Persona 5 Royal, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about time

2. Walkthrough : Demon's Souls, Persona 4 Golden

3. Niche : Subnautica, Mortal Shell

4. DLC : DmC Devil may cry , Kingdom Hearts III reMIND

5. Formatting : The Last Of Us II ,Doom Eternal

6. Imported : Million Arthur, Project DIVA Future Tone DX

7. OC : Persona 5 Royal, Amnesia Rebirth

8. GOTY : Persona 5 Royal , The Last Of Us II

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4