Ascended Tower Trophy Requirement Changed, Trophy Fixed with Recent Patch

Gage

UPDATE: The game has been patched again, and the tower trophy should now unlock for everyone. If you had done the new requirement and the trophy wasn't unlocking, you can now start any mission and the trophy should unlock retroactively. 

Primal update was released today, and along with adding a lot of new content and more leveling/higher level items they rebalanced the tower and made it so it caps at floor 30. They also updated the level 50 trophy to only require reaching trial 20.

I've done the requirement twice now and haven't got the trophy. 

Overall I found the tower felt fairer now, I wasn't getting slammed by as much stuff as I was before, and it drops way more health orbs and the boons are more plentiful. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JL1120 said:

Not sure if its necessarily that much easier. It says the difficulty scales quicker, it caps at 30 now instead of 100. It seems like it'll at least be faster for each attempt though. Gonna try to knock it out this weekend

Man I was reading the whole thing wrong, thought they had added a separate tower that capped at 30. 

I'm going to work on it today and see how it goes. Even if getting to 20 is harder than before the other things they added should make it more manageable. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

They added these things called "Banes" to choose from on certain floors that puts you at slight disadvantage but its nothing until you get to floor 17 and you have 4 "Banes". They added different boss scenarios like defend the towers, kill 3 Elite Enemies they get stronger the more you defeat. The worst of all at boss rooms floor 10 and up they remove either the ability to use Archon Fury, No Life Crystals thats what I've found so far. Overall even though what I've mentioned seems really daunting and worse than it was before the floor 20 requirement does make it significantly doable than floor 50 requirement its more down to RNG in the normal floors, boons, banes and boss rooms.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Trophy doesn't actually pop when you reach trial 20, or 21, or 22. So they either fucked up and it doesn't pop at all now, or maaaaybe pops when you reach 30 and finish. I'm not going to find that out though, someone else can do it. 

• Like 2

I've done the new requirement twice now and still haven't earned the trophy, so there's something wrong with it but not for everyone as three people now have earned it and I messaged the one person and they said it popped fine at 20. 

Today on my couple tries I ran into more bugs and combat being fucked than I ever remember happening before. One run for whatever reason my health stopped going back up when healing, and my life stones all went away. Very frustrating they changed so much and still fucked up what they changed. 

On 2/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, Dio-Brando27_ said:

So is this true regarding only 20 floors now? Looking to attempt this soon 

Any news on this?

The person I messaged said they unlocked it fine, and other people have earned it too, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm not going to play anymore until it's patched again or someone figures out the deal with it not popping, whether it's due to something specific during a run or whether it's just like the character itself being fucked and won't be able to earn the trophy. 

Screw these "Banes"! I'm fairly well leveled, with a decent Crit build.  But I can't get by level 19.  These damn Banes fuck me everytime with bosses/mid bosses.  Removing my ability to use life stones or Archon Fury, or Banner on top of the bosses being sponges, and deal so much damage. 

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check

I reached level 23 last night, no Ascended trophy. This is the last one I need to plat - I've had the game from launch, so have run the tower before. I had reached level 46 in the old tower, pre-Primal update, so this could be a factor.

I sent a ticket to the devs with screens but looks like we might need a fix. This was a solo run, so did all the doors etc.

Edited by DJKenTightpants
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DJKenTightpants said:

I reached level 23 last night, no Ascended trophy. This is the last one I need to plat - I've had the game from launch, so have run the tower before. I had reached level 46 in the old tower, pre-Primal update, so this could be a factor.

I sent a ticket to the devs with screens but looks like we might need a fix. This was a solo run, so did all the doors etc.

Yeah same reached 30 solo and 21 a min ago still didn't pop when I reached floor 20 or when I died and returned to the sanctum, I've heard in some cases the host does not pop the trophy but the guests do, It's quite frustating to say the least.

2 hours ago, DUDSTEH said:

Yeah same reached 30 solo and 21 a min ago still didn't pop when I reached floor 20 or when I died and returned to the sanctum, I've heard in some cases the host does not pop the trophy but the guests do, It's quite frustating to say the least.

Just from looking online, I think it is potentially linked to if you've run the tower before the Primal update, as Ac3dUd3- suggested above. I think some of the people who have got it post update, might not have started the Ascended Tower until after the update dropped. No way to know for sure, but if it's not popping I think we'll have to wait. I did spot on Twitter that the devs have acknowledged the issue. 

On 18-2-2021 at 11:01 AM, DJKenTightpants said:

Just from looking online, I think it is potentially linked to if you've run the tower before the Primal update, as Ac3dUd3- suggested above. I think some of the people who have got it post update, might not have started the Ascended Tower until after the update dropped. No way to know for sure, but if it's not popping I think we'll have to wait. I did spot on Twitter that the devs have acknowledged the issue. 

So playing a fresh save file should make the trophy pop?

I’ve bought the game today so I’m wondering if I will have any problems when I reach that point in the game.

• 1 month later...

Godfall Build For Endgame and Tower of Trials - Can Solo Tower on Hard Easily

By yellr 

This is the video you should look up on youtube  if you are having problems with the tower.

I was told about this in a voice chat with others who platinumed the game. Helped me get that final push to get through. 

Also playing with someone else definitely helps in the later waves.

Ps: Game started to get really unstable around around 28. So while they wont affect the trophy. It held me back from completing the arena due to the game kicking me out.....

• Like 1