How do the difficulty runs work?

Schwarz88

Hi,

so i recognized, after i completed the game and i wanted to start another run on hard i choose the first stage on hard and played for some time. After i closed the game and got back i reloaded my profile. So after that I am still able to choose all stages from the story. So is it required to delete you profile and create a new one for every run? or does selecting the stages and playing them all count towards the trophy? 

Thanks in advance for you help :-)

Edited by Schwarz88

If I recall correctly, all stages will be available if you've already completed them on the same profile, but they'll only be available on different difficulties if you've actually played them on different difficulties.

For instance, if I beat the full game on Normal, I'll have access to all the levels. If I then play the first level on Hard, I'll still have access to all the levels on Normal, plus access to the second level on Hard (because I only beat the first level on Hard). You can't beat the whole game on Normal, and then jump to the last level on Hard. You have to play through each level on a specific difficulty in order - which will then unlock the trophy for that difficulty.

It's been a while since I played this game, but I'm 99% sure I never created a new profile. I just replayed the game on different difficulties as required. In other words, you should be fine doing what you're doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheArcadeKid said:

If I recall correctly, all stages will be available if you've already completed them on the same profile, but they'll only be available on different difficulties if you've actually played them on different difficulties.

For instance, if I beat the full game on Normal, I'll have access to all the levels. If I then play the first level on Hard, I'll still have access to all the levels on Normal, plus access to the second level on Hard (because I only beat the first level on Hard). You can't beat the whole game on Normal, and then jump to the last level on Hard. You have to play through each level on a specific difficulty in order - which will then unlock the trophy for that difficulty.

It's been a while since I played this game, but I'm 99% sure I never created a new profile. I just replayed the game on different difficulties as required. In other words, you should be fine doing what you're doing.

So chapter select is working, thanks man, great to know.

So another question, did you use the cheats on the same profile to get through it and it worked fine for you? 

Nowadays i just get really nervous about some glitching stuff i marked with such shit. Got the Mad Max Scavenging Glitch twice, Immortals glitched on me, Darksiders genesis and i lost my save on "GRID" with 12.000 Miles grinded....my nerves got enough of such Bullshit xD..... 

Anyway I celebrate when i am through this. Love the first one, loved to play that again after PS2 era. Just knew this one from a Demo i played on PS2 and thought it is great, but after the first playthrough this game is way off from the first one in playability, story and fun i.m.o..

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Schwarz88 said:

So chapter select is working, thanks man, great to know.

So another question, did you use the cheats on the same profile to get through it and it worked fine for you? 

Nowadays i just get really nervous about some glitching stuff i marked with such shit. Got the Mad Max Scavenging Glitch twice, Immortals glitched on me, Darksiders genesis and i lost my save on "GRID" with 12.000 Miles grinded....my nerves got enough of such Bullshit xD..... 

Anyway I celebrate when i am through this. Love the first one, loved to play that again after PS2 era. Just knew this one from a Demo i played on PS2 and thought it is great, but after the first playthrough this game is way off from the first one in playability, story and fun i.m.o..

Yeah, all the cheats I used were linked to the same profile. That said, I only unlocked and activated the cheats which don't disable trophies - a few of them do. There's also that one trophy for beating the game without using any cheats at all, which I think I earned before ever unlocking a cheat. 

In case you haven't already seen it, you'll be able to find which cheats disable trophies here: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10038-red-faction-ii-trophy-guide

As for the game itself, I agree that it's fairly mediocre. That said, I did enjoy going through it with unlimited ammo and max damage. Scratched my run-and-gun itch, and it helps that the game can be beaten in only 2 or 3 hours.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...