The trophy you have spent most time grinding for?

closertim

hey, I did a quick search and I don't think there is a thread about this....

Anyway, what is the trophy you have spent most time grinding ?

Mine would be gt5 level 40 a spec. I don't remember all details but I could get a million xp per hour grinding a special events race over and over. Needed about 30 million xp to level 40 I think.

Not really a fan of any grinding trophy so tend to avoid them, but the only one which I have that would qualify as grinding is 'True Commitment' on Tomb Raider reaching level 60. I could of done Bleachs level up all characters but each character took around 3-4 hours (doing the same level intense farming) to level up and there is like 21 characters... I think done like 7 and gave up.

• Like 1

In No Particular Order...

"Crysis, What Crysis?" and "Tooled Up" from Crysis 2; great MP (in theory), terrible lag/host advantage (made even worse by shitty non-NBN Australian internet) and "Tooled Up" is glitchy as all hell and entirely luck based.

"Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" from GTA IV. I was one of the lucky ones that only had to go through it once, but it's still a bitch and my heart goes out to anyone (including some of my boosting partners) who had to go through that shit more than you should have to.

"Bolt Collector" from Ratchet & Clank (1). Thank god for Picture In Picture! I would have gone insane otherwise.

"War Hero" (+ "Hard Charger," and "Veteran") from CoD Classic. The hardest difficulty run-through I've encountered (just edging out Spec Ops: The Line and Medal Of Honor: Motherfucking Frontline) and it requires three playthroughs!

Though they are easier if you play through on Veteran first (paradoxically receiving the "War Hero" trophy).

I'm currently grinding GTA V's "Above the Law," and I'm hoping the Criminal Records RP bonanza isn't patched until after I get to Level 100 :P

pilotfish5296.png

Edited by pilotfish5296

I'm working on this now on the vita. About a 4th of the way there overall D:

How do you grind this on Vita (no 2nd controller and leaving it with the screen on for so long doesn't seam a good idea..), I have the game from PSN+, but don't want to start it because of that trophy... Still working for it on the PS3 version (only 1 character complete, need to grind the 24 hours for 6 more, and everything else for everyone else... really long, long grind.. )

As for me:

GTA4 - Wanted  :gold: (2-3 weeks of pure grind with 2 PS3 using the DLC glitch for quick respwan..)

GTA4 - Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic :bronze: (don't even ask.. almost had to do it 3 times because it didn't unlock the 1st time, nor the 2nd time, but unlock at the start of my 3rd run.. some of the 4+ player modes never counted for some reason..)

Star Ocean 4 - Ultimate Battler :silver: (about 500 of the 600 hours that it took me to platinum the game...)

White Knight Chronicles - Phibianacci's Diamond :gold: (300 or 400 hours, but I was doing stuff for other trophies at the same time, so it may not count..)

Cross Edge - The Hikikomori :gold: (don't even ask... probably 200-400 hours, but felt like forever.. still have to do the same in Agarest War Zero, and not feeling like doing it..).

GT5 - Excellent Driver :silver: (not sure 2 or 3 weeks of final grind, but I used almost only 1 k-car seasonal event for it, since  it was the best possible way at the time, wasn't to bad)

Then there's other things, like Disgaea 3 Pirates and Disgaea 4 all items found, but that wasn't so bad when comparing to those...

From the most recent grinds the longest ones have been Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy XIII ( in TR to level 60 and FF XIII Treasure Hunter).

Still, about 15 hours of grinding apiece isn't that bad.

On a side note, I remember grinding Alucard and familiars to level 99 in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That one took a loooong time.

The final DLC for Uncharted 3, that was a bitch. But I finally 100% that nightmare. Right now Kingdom Hearts ReChain Of Memories trophies are boring and tedious. I'm 40% done. I can already picture the upcoming FFX/FFX-2 HD remastered game is going to have the most grindiest trophy list ever.

PS Yeah FFXIII Treasure Hunter trophy was annoying too. Had to make a freaking list to make sure I have all my upgrade weapons and accessories.

Edited by KeybladeAssassin
  • Like 1

How do you grind this on Vita (no 2nd controller and leaving it with the screen on for so long doesn't seam a good idea..), I have the game from PSN+, but don't want to start it because of that trophy... Still working for it on the PS3 version (only 1 character complete, need to grind the 24 hours for 6 more, and everything else for everyone else... really long, long grind.. )

Then there's other things, like Disgaea 3 Pirates and Disgaea 4 all items found, but that wasn't so bad when comparing to those...

The hours you can grind out over night using a training glitch. I have a couple boosting partners for x-rays, which are done online. I do fatalities myself on arcade mode. 

Here is my progress, if anyone is interested :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiUz7Bp0lt4pdEpwZ1ZRdFloblEwd2Q4Y3drVmFqcWc&usp=drive_web

• Like 1