Black Screen Entering Sewers

KingCuervo88

so in act 2 you lead captain overalls to the sewer entrance, but when i enter it takes about 5 minutes to load and when it finally does the screen goes black and i take damage until i die and then i respawn and it does it again... reloading checkpoint doesn't help and when i tried joining someone else's game i was good up until that same point... just black screen and die.. anyone know a fix besides joining someone who's got a checkpoint after the sewer section? me big sad... just want my trophies for a 30 year old game... it's the PS3 version so im not surprised it's being a turd

I spent a lot of time in this game back in the the day but never encountered this problem ?. All I can think of are to try the following but they don't work, you're only option will be to find someone who has a checkpoint after the bugged section :(:

1: Reinstall the game.

2: Try playing offline with your PS3's internet connection disabled.

3: Try another copy.

i had that sometimes too, if you get a bad crash when playing the game sometimes you can just rebuild the database on your ps4 and that sometimes fixes it, but if you haven't had anny bad crashes best bet would be a fresh reinstall of the game.

if you have games installed for a long time and your ps4 crashes it can fragment the hard drive and stuff might not work properly. especially if electricity cuts off or whatever also having the system on for extended periods causes memory leaks which cause theese issues and powering off then on works there.

41 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i had that sometimes too, if you get a bad crash when playing the game sometimes you can just rebuild the database on your ps4 and that sometimes fixes it, but if you haven't had anny bad crashes best bet would be a fresh reinstall of the game.

if you have games installed for a long time and your ps4 crashes it can fragment the hard drive and stuff might not work properly. especially if electricity cuts off or whatever also having the system on for extended periods causes memory leaks which cause theese issues and powering off then on works there.

The OP has the PS3 version so most of that isn't relevant :(.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I spent a lot of time in this game back in the the day but never encountered this problem ?. All I can think of are to try the following but they don't work, you're only option will be to find someone who has a checkpoint after the bugged section :(:

1: Reinstall the game.

2: Try playing offline with your PS3's internet connection disabled.

3: Try another copy.

yeah reinstalling was gonna be one of my next options.... man... can't even get a PS5 and now the PS3 is trying to hurt me... Sony... pls... im a simple peasant... no need to abuse me further

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

a google search brang me here and yeah i just got stuck on this bit haha. my disk appears to be in pretty rough shape but has worked fine until now, if i cant find a working solution i guess ill just do all the other trophys until i can get another disk, same issue on some call of dutys on ps3 although those disks are fine.