Squad Goals

bechtold20

For those people that have boosted Squad Goals successfully, do you have any tips or tricks on how to matchmake up with your boosting partner? I’ve been trying to matchmake with someone from Europe on the Oceania server (I’m from the US) and we haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance

On 13.02.2021 at 3:18 AM, bechtold20 said:

For those people that have boosted Squad Goals successfully, do you have any tips or tricks on how to matchmake up with your boosting partner? I’ve been trying to matchmake with someone from Europe on the Oceania server (I’m from the US) and we haven’t had any luck. Thanks in advance

Hello. I know how to boost this trophy.

23 hours ago, DaivRules said:

If you post boosting instructions, that would help everyone who reads the thread later on. 

The trophy is not buggy!  The trophy will only be obtained when you and a friend who are in the same club play against two opponents who are also in the same club.  To make sure of this, immediately before the start of the game you will see the animation of the names of your club and the club of your opponents.

Choose to play - play online - normal mode - only 2 on 2. If there was no animation before the start of the game, then the opponents are not in the club.  Therefore, we immediately press pause and exit the game.  And so we are looking for rivals who are in the club.  And it is to them that we score a goal and get the coveted trophy.

Hey bechtold, i tried to do this with you on the weekend. 

You will need to be in the same club as someone, and then play against another group of two who are also in a club together. 

I have a second controller, dupe account, and both of us are in a club. You do the same, and we can play each other.  I was crashing earlier because the second account wasn't ready to play as it didn't load RL on its own at least once to get passed all of the mandatory cuts scenes and prize pops. Worked fine after that.

I know how to boost the trophy. My problem has been matchmaking with the opposite team. I’ve  spent 6-7 hours trying to matchmake with a boosting partner, but we both get randoms every time. And the randoms are never in the same club either. We’ve been using Oceania as our region. I just wondered if there was a trick to pairing up with your boost partner, or if there was a way to increase your chance at finding a club match

On 2/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, audiopile said:

Hey bechtold, i tried to do this with you on the weekend. 

You will need to be in the same club as someone, and then play against another group of two who are also in a club together. 

I have a second controller, dupe account, and both of us are in a club. You do the same, and we can play each other.  I was crashing earlier because the second account wasn't ready to play as it didn't load RL on its own at least once to get passed all of the mandatory cuts scenes and prize pops. Worked fine after that.

But how do we play together? It has to be done in online matchmaking, not in a private match. That is the whole key

You have to join the same club and then you have to be lucky to run into another one. 
I tried it yesterday for 2 hours with @Vitallani an we didn’t get matched up with another club. We played another club in an online tournament though but my goal didn‘t count for the trophy.

I played solo afterwards and after a couple of matches I ran into a club ?

So just keep trying in 2 vs 2 matches or heatseeker, because it‘s easier to score goals

12 hours ago, bechtold20 said:

I know how to boost the trophy. My problem has been matchmaking with the opposite team. I’ve  spent 6-7 hours trying to matchmake with a boosting partner, but we both get randoms every time. And the randoms are never in the same club either. We’ve been using Oceania as our region. I just wondered if there was a trick to pairing up with your boost partner, or if there was a way to increase your chance at finding a club match

But how do we play together? It has to be done in online matchmaking, not in a private match. That is the whole key

I figured you did, but wanted to be sure.  Oceania is still the best option, I was a bit rushed trying to join that session, but now I fully understand what needs to be done. Try me again, I can be the other team.

• 10 months later...

This trophy is fucking bullshit. Anyone have any tips on how to match up with a partner? Do we have to be a very similar level for it to work? 

I must of played like 40-50 matches in competitive to get the trophy legit and only ran into 1 club and couldn't score that game. Pretty sure running into a club in Bronze III Div 2 is rare.

Edited by Partik24
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...