Criminally Underrated Games?

Trumpet_Boi_208

I will fight to the death in saying Final Fantasy XIII is underrated. I get the linearity issue, but most of them are linear. The story is nonsensical, but all of them are. The battle system is killer, the music is my favorite in the series, and the game is damn gorgeous (still). Lightning Returns is also great if you enjoyed the first one. XIII-2 can fuck off.

Football Game is also a really great game and got overlooked because of the super easy plat. Really creepy and odd point and click.

• Like 2

Just now, ZankaiPowaa said:

Haha, I agree with you, especially on the music and the game(s) being gorgeous. But I also loved XIII-2. I recently went back to get the platinum. The story is a bit silly, but I really like the open structure and Pokemon like addition to the battle system.

Haha yeah it's really not that bad, I'm just use to joking about it. The pokemon addition is definitely the best part of it. It's definitely my least favorite of the three, but seemingly the most popular amongst fans from what I've seen.

1 hour ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I will fight to the death in saying Final Fantasy XIII is underrated. I get the linearity issue, but most of them are linear. The story is nonsensical, but all of them are. The battle system is killer, the music is my favorite in the series, and the game is damn gorgeous (still). Lightning Returns is also great if you enjoyed the first one. XIII-2 can fuck off.

Dude, FFXIII-2 is FFXIII + Time travel!

As we know from our basic textbook, ‘The Laws and Principles of Awesome Things’:

X + Time Travel = Better X

Ergo, if FFXIII is awesome,  FFXIII-2 is more awesome!

;) 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude, FFXIII-2 is FFXIII + Time travel!

As we know from our basic textbook, ‘The Laws and Principles of Awesome Things’:

X + Time Travel = Better X

Ergo, if FFXIII is awesome,  FFXIII-2 is more awesome!

;) 

Hahaha you're right I forgot basic knowledge, I apologize.

1 hour ago, ginger252bread19 said:

Batman Arkham Origins is my favorite in the whole series. I loved the Christmas setting, which you dont see much in games. Other than some technical issues that the developers never fixed, it's a great underrated game that really deserves a second chance.

Yes, absolutely. Nothing can top Arkham City for me, but Origins was excellent if you disregard the major bugs. Also, I never got around to the multiplayer but it seemed interesting enough, if not shoehorned in.

Just now, Stan Lee said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence was in my Top 5 of 2019 and it didn't get the love it deserved. Jim Sterling also praised it as one of the top games of that year. It was the subject of one of SkillUp's "Please Don't Skip This" videos. It was a simply fantastic little game that has me thinking about it to this day.

I played the demo for that and really liked it but found the high gore content to be more than I could stomach so regrettably had to skip it :(.

• Like 3

This game always comes to mind now whenever I hear the word "Underrated".

Mad Rat Dead - A pretty recent game that was released late 2020 which unfortunately didn't get much attention. It was developed by the same team who made the Disgaea series so it being a rhythm platformer is pretty surprising.  You play as a rat who wants to get revenge on the human who experimented on him which actually ended up killing him but Mad Rat thankfully gets revived by the Rat God and now he's out to seek vengeance. To traverse each stage you'll have to hit the notes of the song to the beat and this makes playing through the whole game a blast as an amazing soundtrack accompanies you the whole time.Ill

I'd highly recommended this game for people who are interested in rhythm and platformer games or for people are interested in finding out new great video game soundtracks. Only downside is that the price is pretty steep for how much content you get out of the game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Days Gone 

Sniper Elite 

Sniper Ghost Warrior 

Gravity Rush

Sleeping dogs

The Order 1886 

Pyre

Hollow Knight

Watch Dogs 1

Death Stranding 

Thronebreaker 

Etc. 

Bro how the hell did I forget about sleeping dogs! The best gta-like out there, imo. Such an incredibly story and combat.

• Like 1