Criminally Underrated Games?

Trumpet_Boi_208

12 hours ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

World of Final Fantasy. The game is very simple and fun, but I never see anyone talking about it. Had a great time with it.

I agree with this, its a fantastic game which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Other games I feel are underrated:

• Yoku's Island Express

• Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

• Slime Rancher

• Cat Quest 1 and 2

• 3D Dot Game Heroes

• Alice: Madness Returns

• Nexomon: Extinction

I know there's more, but these are what I can think of currently.

Edited by Zarakai1989
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Yes, absolutely. Nothing can top Arkham City for me, but Origins was excellent if you disregard the major bugs. Also, I never got around to the multiplayer but it seemed interesting enough, if not shoehorned in.

The mp was definitely forced in, I only played it a handful of times. Stopped me from getting 100% on the 360 and it's made the plat on ps3 nearly impossible unless you boost. City is a great, hard to top game though, need to go back and platinum it.

20 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Days Gone 

Sniper Elite 

Sniper Ghost Warrior 

Gravity Rush

Sleeping dogs

The Order 1886 

Pyre

Hollow Knight

Watch Dogs 1

Death Stranding 

Thronebreaker 

Etc. 

I agree with several other you've mentioned (that I've played) but you got me lost at three of them

Sniper Ghost Warrior - those games, even when judged as a 'AA' product are downright unplayable due to bugs, glitches, broken mechanics, and optimized as well as the North Korean economy

The Order 1886 - great visuals and you could say an ok story but... there was barely any 'game' there. I felt like playing a solid prolonged tech demo for the most part - today I can't remember one thing about that game other then pretty sparks flying off the thermite shot

Watch Dogs 1 - overhyped, oversold, and beginning of the Ubisoft downgrade trend. I'll give them kudos for trying something new other than another Far Cry spinoff but even if you got into it without the hype the underlying game was just 'okay-ish' (story as well) with the typical empty check-list activities Ubi is so well known for. Superior to WD2 and WD:L by a long shot but otherwise nothing to even consider going back to years later.

• Like 3

idk if anyone mentioned it but Agents of Mayhem is very very underrated because of the state it came out in and since everything is now fixed it's a very fun game with tons of content and you can usually find it for like $5

2nd game is Gravel, it's a very very fun offroad racing game and literally only negative I have to say about it is that it's too short, if you see ti for cheap and like offroad racing games, just pick it up

• Like 3

On 2/13/2021 at 0:27 AM, TheDragonfly44 said:

Okay so hear me out: Hatoful Boyfriend and it's sequel Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star are some of the wildest and most surprisingly fantastic games I think I've ever experienced. But In a way I'm happy they're not as well known and I'm lucky enough to of experienced something so ridiculously perfect

I loved both of these titles. I too would recommend them (particularly the first one, as the silly dating part is pretty funny).

But anyway, one for me is Dragon Quest Heroes 2. Yeah, I'm a musou fan(boy), but this mix of DQ and DW really hit the spot. The first game is pretty good as well, but they're just kind of feeling things out there. By 2, they had the idea of what they wanted.

When DW9 was originally announced as an open-world game, I had high hopes that they would model it on DQH2. Alas, they did not, and we know how that turned out.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, HuntingFever said:

Kandagawa Jet Girls - This game is another example of a fun game that suffered because of muddled marketing and a publisher who didn't know what to do with it.  Whilst it's very tame for a fan service type game, there is a lot of heart here and the stories offer surprising depth.

I own this but I haven’t tried it yet. I occasionally have a craving for Jet Moto 2 and jump on my Vita for it, so I hope this can satisfy in some ways.

A few titles that come to mind are:

Detention. A 2D horror adventure. A nice surprise is that it comes from a Taiwanese studio. No plot spoilers but I’ll say the psychological horror here nails the tone and atmosphere and is some of the best on PS4.

Timespinner. You like Symphony of the Night? It’s a metroidvania that comes with what you expect from one. Stellar music, exploration, boss fights. The hook here is that you shift back and forth from a lively past to a cold dystopian future.

Haven.  A walking simulator with the occasional RPG-style battle system. There’s heavy emphasis on dialogue but it’s quite good and even funny at times. Haven is still new but why not push to get more activity on it?

Honorable mentions - Guys and gals, play Beyond Good and Evil HD on PS3, Primal on PS4 and Sayonara Wild Hearts.

• Like 2