So..Just HOW Hard Is This?

PhantomFear94

I've heard some really conflicting things about this game. Some have said this is insanely hard, whilst others have said it's more trial and error but very doable. Be interested to see what sort of difficulty people would put this at. The achievement/trophy list doesn't look to bad if it's a moderate challenge. Any insights would be appreciated.

• Like 1

The game just has a steep learning curve. You'll die a lot and feel pretty useless early on, but once you start to get a grip of the controls and start to improve on your timing, the difficulty dramatically reduces. A couple of the sections and bosses are particularly tricky but with persistence this game can be plat pretty quickly if you were to stick at it.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Bought this one on Steam on release, completed 100% achievements and would say that difficulty was around 3/10. Yesterday got the plat, since it is on PS Now. Although I play mostly on PS4/5, with controller it was a little bit more difficult - about 5/10. Especially throwing shurikens or general camera movement. Still, there is nothing insanely hard. You can tell from plat rarity, it is quite common.

Even though you may die 20-30 times on one spot, thanks to instant respawn, you don't feel frustrated too much. It is also a short game. It took me 8+ hours to plat, but I guess it's because I've already played it and I knew what to do. So maybe 10+ hours.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest patch added the Assist Mode which turns the platinum difficulty in to a 4/10 at worst. You basically have the ability to activate: 1) a passive bonus that will slowly refill your Focus bar; 2) a shield which allows you to take a hit without dying (that will regenerate each time you clear an area from enemies); 3) the ability to play the game in "slow mode" (enemies will react slower, overall gameplay is slowed down).

EDIT: maybe not a 3/10, but definitely a 4/10.

Edited by Il_Doflamingo

I didn't play super long, I played it when I had a PSnow sub with a few days left. It didn't seem overly hard to me when I was trying it out an alternate account. The weird part of it was the controls. If I remember correctly R1 was jump and I had a ton of deaths that were just related to hitting the wrong button because the controls aren't traditional. But within a few stages I was finding the groove of it. I think after the learning curve it will be real fun. 

Could've waited for that patch, would've saved me a lot of frustration. That one more hit thing seems massive, it's basically a night and day difference. Without it... I wouldn't call it incredibly hard, but definitely incredibly frustrating, to me at least. 

Hopefully they fixed the bugs too, twice I had to do some awkward jumping just because something didn't activate when it was supposed to.