Can I also play this offline someway?

RiverBeaver

I bought the game because I like the theme and survival/building stuff.
In the beginning I was a little worried about it being online, and with other players in the game, as from my experience (as a peacefull player) a lot of online players are griefers. I heared this game had a system to prevents/discourage that. But literately the first player I met (me: level 3, he: level 338) started shooting me, and throwing some kind of grenades, and folowing me around.

I noticed you could play private if you take an monthly subscription or something, but is that the only option?
If this is another griefer infested game, I would ditch the game right away. LoL

Edited by NL_Sion

Nope. This game was designed from the ground up, to be online only so if you want privacy, you're going to have buy a Fallout 1st Subscription and play in private worlds. Bethesda's anti-griefing measures aren't worth the paper they're printed on so don't expect griefers to be punished in any serious way. Griefing has been a problem ever since the Beta but very little has been done to get rid of it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EFSPREEJl said:

been playing this game awhile and have not come across one griefer, theres also a passive mode so dont be so quick to sell the game without giving it a go, 99% of people in the fo76 community are friendly and give low level players stuff frequently

^This.

Never have I’ve been shot by another player in this game. They always helped me out and gave me high level weapons.

• Like 1

I didn’t really have any issues with griefers when I played. I’m not sure if it was a setting I had turned on, but in order to pvp both players had to cause damage to each other. So if someone attempted to shoot me in the wasteland if I didn’t retaliate they couldn’t kill me. 

In general I’d say the community in fallout 76 is actually really nice. The amount of high level players that would drop random legendaries or supplies for me was insane. 

I would give the game more of a chance before you sell it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14. 2. 2021 at 0:16 PM, Cleggworth said:

Isn't there an option where you can hide your position on the map from other players? They'd need to actually see you in game. So if someone is giving you shit you can just fast travel somewhere and they won't be able to follow. Or am I remembering a different game?

If you crouch you go into stealth and your blip is hidden, other than that by not placing a player vending machine in your C.A.M.P. your base will be hidden on the map as well. Otherwise everything is visible, this also doesn't apply to any teamamtes you might have on your team IIRC.