What did u think of the ending ?

Thephoenixshow

Haha yeah I loved it, especially when you learn you're the Thin Man or whatever the official name is. I saw a comment somewhere saying it might be a time loop situation where you become the Thin Man and try to stop yourself in the past from following six. I don't know if the reason Six betrayed us is clear yet or if it'll be a part of a theory somewhere, but it was a great moment. Such a wonderful game.

9 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

Haha yeah I loved it, especially when you learn you're the Thin Man or whatever the official name is. I saw a comment somewhere saying it might be a time loop situation where you become the Thin Man and try to stop yourself in the past from following six. I don't know if the reason Six betrayed us is clear yet or if it'll be a part of a theory somewhere, but it was a great moment. Such a wonderful game.

Hopefully the dlc if there any will explain more 

Thats makes thing seem easier to understand :)

3 hours ago, sappho-lopod said:

I've seen a few theories, but the one I agree with is that, since that would've been the first opportunity Six had to see Mono's face clearly, she also realizes that he's The Thin Man and therefore a threat to her.

On top of that, the secret ending makes it pretty clear that Little Nightmares 2 is actually a prequel to the first game, what with the onset of Six's Hunger and the poster of The Maw being shown + her getting the yellow raincoat halfway through the game. We also see Shadow Six (from the first game + secret ending) get left behind when The Thin Man takes her, as one of the "distorted remains", so I think that when she was taken a part of her was left behind. After she's returned to "normal" she's not quite the same as she was before being taken, which is what gives her the Hunger in the first place and (I think) makes her a little less moral as well as makes her... disturbed tendencies worse. Whatever The Thin Man is  actually doing to children when he takes them, I don't think they're supposed to come back from it, so when Six does she comes back Wrong, and that also contributes to her decision to drop Mono. 

7 hours ago, sappho-lopod said:

I've seen a few theories, but the one I agree with is that, since that would've been the first opportunity Six had to see Mono's face clearly, she also realizes that he's The Thin Man and therefore a threat to her.

On top of that, the secret ending makes it pretty clear that Little Nightmares 2 is actually a prequel to the first game, what with the onset of Six's Hunger and the poster of The Maw being shown + her getting the yellow raincoat halfway through the game. We also see Shadow Six (from the first game + secret ending) get left behind when The Thin Man takes her, as one of the "distorted remains", so I think that when she was taken a part of her was left behind. After she's returned to "normal" she's not quite the same as she was before being taken, which is what gives her the Hunger in the first place and (I think) makes her a little less moral as well as makes her... disturbed tendencies worse. Whatever The Thin Man is  actually doing to children when he takes them, I don't think they're supposed to come back from it, so when Six does she comes back Wrong, and that also contributes to her decision to drop Mono.

Oh I love this!

10 hours ago, sappho-lopod said:

I agree with this and had the same sort of thoughts. There's a few moments before she gets taken that shows her dark side. First is when you're sneaking behind a bully and she jumps on them and kills them. I could be delusional, but when I first saw that I thought 'oh nice one, good job... wait are you coming?'. To me, she lingered on the dead body too long and had a weird look. It gave me the feeling she enjoyed it. The second thing was after defeating the first hand you encounter, you return to her breaking the fingers on the mannequins with that exact same slow dark look to her like she was just enjoying it in a dark way. Also, she LOVES the incinerator whenever you burn something (maybe that's a stretch). My guess, is she was always partly evil and when the thin man took her, he stripped her from any innocence she had. She was also alone, trusted no one until Mono came along. She then realised he was the Thin Man and probably felt betrayed and wanted to go solo again.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 0:31 PM, Riszcky said:

I agree with this and had the same sort of thoughts. There's a few moments before she gets taken that shows her dark side. First is when you're sneaking behind a bully and she jumps on them and kills them. I could be delusional, but when I first saw that I thought 'oh nice one, good job... wait are you coming?'. To me, she lingered on the dead body too long and had a weird look. It gave me the feeling she enjoyed it. The second thing was after defeating the first hand you encounter, you return to her breaking the fingers on the mannequins with that exact same slow dark look to her like she was just enjoying it in a dark way. Also, she LOVES the incinerator whenever you burn something (maybe that's a stretch). My guess, is she was always partly evil and when the thin man took her, he stripped her from any innocence she had. She was also alone, trusted no one until Mono came along. She then realised he was the Thin Man and probably felt betrayed and wanted to go solo again.

Yup, those moments were what I was referring to when I mentioned her "disturbed tendencies". I also wouldn't say you're stretching with the furnace, given the way she warms her hands after your burn the doctor alive. Sure, he was trying to kill you, but... man.

That said, I'm hesitant to judge Six too much. Sure, she does some sketchy shit - across both games, and the ending of the first one leads me to believe she's probably only going to become more of a Nightmare (a full sized one even, har-har) - but the world she and Mono live in is pretty shitty overall. When you have to do whatever you can just to survive, it takes a will of iron not to end up twisted by it, and she's like... nine.

• Like 1

It wasn't a surprise for me that Six betrays the character we're playing in the second game (I don't like her), but it's a great twist that we're actually the Thin Man and that it's kind of a time loop situation. What a clever and surprising story! And I agree with your theories Riszcky and sappho-lopod, although I think Six dropping Mono was more because of her coming back wrong and twisted from the Thin Man than because of her seeing Mono's face and realising he is the Thin Man. 

I think whatever happened to her when she was with the Thin Man sucked the remaining good part out of her.

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 0:31 PM, Riszcky said:

agreed, and apparently in all of the hunger scenes in the first game, you can actually see her shadow looming over Six watching her. So clearly the shadow acts as her good side

On 2/14/2021 at 1:27 AM, sappho-lopod said:

as I said to Riszcky, Six def isn't whole as apparently in all of the hunger scenes in the first game, you can see shadow six loom over six while she is eating. Makes me think that the shadow six is the good side of her

• 10 months later...