Highest Non-Stacking Trophy List

PixelHelix

Not to hijack the thread but since @Ragowit replied I have a question. In determining what games/trophies are counted, why would a new version take precedence over previous versions? 

For example, I have Telltale's The Walking Dead series done other than the last game. On your site those don't count, only the definitive edition does. Seems like it should be the opposite and the latest game shouldn't count. First come, first served. 

29 minutes ago, Ragowit said:

Hello, I'm the owner of psn100 (which is still under development) that have been a discussion in this thread. Going to reply some of the questions.

What is considered a stack or not is a constant debate, and I'm still playing around with how it should be on the site. We have the easy ones (Ratalaika games), and then we have somewhat harder to decide games like the LEGO you mention. Currently, the site says that the LEGO Vita game are obsolete in favor for the PS3/PS4 version since the site prioritize those consoles over the Vita.

I have never played the game, but IGDB (https://www.igdb.com/games/persona-5/versions) list Royal as a version of Persona 5, and Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_5#Persona_5_Royal) says Royal is an enhanced version of Persona 5. So same game, just enhanced according to those sites. Therefor Persona 5 is currently listed as obsolete in favor for Royal so new players don't need to play the (almost) same game twice.

Regarding Trine, the site says Trine 2 is obsolete (and will thus not count its trophies) in favor for Trine 2: Complete Story.

Yeah, design isn't something I do so the site looks like ass on pretty much anything. It's decent on desktop though. I guess I should prioritize it but since the site is still under development I haven't really been bothered.

EDIT: The site is also restrict in the sense that players with hidden trophies are not ranked at all, and there is no "3 strikes and you're out" for cheaters. It's "1 strike and you're out".

Interesting info. Thanks for clarifying. Certainly a unique project, and no classification is going to be perfect obviously.

I'm wondering if you can expand on what you mean by obsolete - like if someone did TLOU on PS3, but didn't do the remaster on PS4, would their completion of the PS3 version not count? Like are you just removing all the old versions of games, so only the newest release would count?

Or does the site keep track of games with multiple releases, and completion of any version counts as 1 completion?

If it's the former, then that would seem to actually punish people who don't stack - if you don't do the latest version you lose a completion?

• Like 2

I thought it would work so that once you got trophies in one version that would locked in as the one that counts. So if I play first on PS4 then play again on PS5, the PS4 trophies would count, not the PS5. Same if going back to PS3 and playing, the PS4 list should count since I played it first and locked it in. Same with regions, whatever you play first should count.

Edited by Sofa King
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ragowit said:

I have never played the game, but IGDB (https://www.igdb.com/games/persona-5/versions) list Royal as a version of Persona 5, and Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_5#Persona_5_Royal) says Royal is an enhanced version of Persona 5. So same game, just enhanced according to those sites. Therefor Persona 5 is currently listed as obsolete in favor for Royal so new players don't need to play the (almost) same game twice.

I would have to disagree from what I've read about it ( I haven't played it myself), but most people consider the games to be alternative story scenarios of each other. While they cover the same events there are key differences in the scenarios, new characters, unique trophy lists.

On top of this, the original Persona 5 is a much harder (took me close to 160 hrs to plat) platinum to achieve due to those differences in the actual trophy list.

It's like comparing FF7 Remake and the original. They cover the same material, but differently. At least, that's how it's been described to me.

14 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's like comparing FF7 Remake and the original. They cover the same material, but differently. At least, that's how it's been described to me.

It’s not quite that different - it changes up some parts of the main game, adding stuff here and there and adding a lot at the end, but it’s not a completely different game like FFVII vs FFVII Remake.

Personally, I think the best comparion would be playing Fallout 3 base game vs. Fallout 3 with all dlc installed from the start.

Different trophy lists though - with different requirements, so while the games might have a lot of crossover, I would still argue the journey to platinum is quite distinctly different between the two, and can’t (or shouldn’t) really be considered a ‘stack’

Edited by DrBloodmoney

54 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

Not to hijack the thread but since @Ragowit replied I have a question. In determining what games/trophies are counted, why would a new version take precedence over previous versions? 

For example, I have Telltale's The Walking Dead series done other than the last game. On your site those don't count, only the definitive edition does. Seems like it should be the opposite and the latest game shouldn't count. First come, first served. 

Yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread. Was just going to reply some questions about the site. Don't know how a separate forum thread would be received, don't want to "advertise" my trophy site on other trophy sites. Don't know if the site owners would be happy about it.

As I said earlier, the site is under development and what's considered a stack or obsolete is a constant debate and its going back and forth on some titles. Don't think there ever will be a solution that satisfies everyone. However, I can share my current thought of process regarding The Walking Dead series. I'm trying to look from a new players perspective. How would I like to try and earn trophies and compete in leaderboards if I was going to start today? I believe that new players would like to buy and play the Definitive Series instead of buying each title individually. It's like if a friend asks you if they should play it, and you say yes but tell them to NOT buy the latest released bundle and instead find and buy each game separately. Doesn't sound right to me.

47 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Interesting info. Thanks for clarifying. Certainly a unique project, and no classification is going to be perfect obviously.

I'm wondering if you can expand on what you mean by obsolete - like if someone did TLOU on PS3, but didn't do the remaster on PS4, would their completion of the PS3 version not count? Like are you just removing all the old versions of games, so only the newest release would count?

Or does the site keep track of games with multiple releases, and completion of any version counts as 1 completion?

If it's the former, then that would seem to actually punish people who don't stack - if you don't do the latest version you lose a completion?

Thanks, it's certainly a unique project that I wanted to try out. And you're spot on that no classification is going to be perfect.

In regards of TLOU, they share the same list. So I have merged it as one. Doesn't matter if you play the PS3 or PS4 version, or a mix of them. I have created a new title that contains them both into one (and hidden the two original titles). That's how I do with all merged titles on the site. Although if you only play the PS3 version today, you can't achieve 100% since a lot of the trophies are unobtainable.

If you earned the same trophy in PS3 and PS4, the site currently prioritize the newer earned trophy of the two and set that one as the earned date.

So in regards of TLOU, you "lose a completion" if you 100% both the PS3 and PS4 - since the site merged them as one.

In regards of example Trine 2, you "lose a completion" if you played the original PS3 game as it's tagged as obsolete in favor for the new PS4 release Trine 2: Complete Story. The titles haven't been merged because of the different trophy lists.

Hope that made any sense.

33 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

I thought it would work so that once you got trophies in one version that would locked in as the one that counts. So if I play first on PS4 then play again on PS5, the PS4 trophies would count, not the PS5. Same if going back to PS3 and playing, the PS4 list should count since I played it first and locked it in. Same with regions, whatever you play first should count.

As answered above, I try merge all platforms/regions into one list. So it doesn't matter which one you play. You can even mix if you want to. However, a platinum requires you of course to get all trophies in one of the platforms/regions you play.

25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I would have to disagree from what I've read about it ( I haven't played it myself), but most people consider the games to be alternative story scenarios of each other. While they cover the same events there are key differences in the scenarios, new characters, unique trophy lists.

On top of this, the original Persona 5 is a much harder (took me close to 160 hrs to plat) platinum to achieve due to those differences in the actual trophy list.

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s not quite that different - it changes up some parts of the main game, adding stuff here and there and adding a lot at the end, but it’s not a completely different game like FFVII vs FFVII Remake.

Personally, I think the best comparion would be playing Fallout 3 base game vs. Fallout 3 with all dlc installed from the start.

Different trophy lists though - with different requirements, so while the games might have a lot of crossover, I would still argue the journey to platinum is quite distinctly different between the two, and can’t (or shouldn’t) really be considered a ‘stack’

Good input from both of you, thanks for sharing what you know about the game when I don't. And you pick up something interesting. Is it the journey to 100% or the gameplay that should differentiate a merge/obsolete title or not? Would you say to a new player to play BOTH Persona 5 AND Persona 5 Royal? Would you tell a new player to first play Fallout 3 without DLC and then play it again with all DLC?

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I'm out and guilty to be a filthy stacker. My stacks are Borderlands, Diablo 3, Dynasty Warriors 8XL, GTA SA, GTA 5, Skyrim and soon Dark Souls/ Demons Souls.

https://psnprofiles.com/Broni1337 Has an impressive non-stacking account but he start over a new account because he played a uncompletable game.

I would include him but he has Resi 4 twice....can't believe he started a new account after all that work ?

1 minute ago, Ragowit said:

Good input from both of you, thanks for sharing what you know about the game when I don't. And you pick up something interesting. Is it the journey to 100% or the gameplay that should differentiate a merge/obsolete title or not? Would you say to a new player to play BOTH Persona 5 AND Persona 5 Royal? Would you tell a new player to first play Fallout 3 without DLC and then play it again with all DLC?

It's a hard question, the Journey to 100% can be drastically different for games with identical gameplay. Take a look at the COD Black Ops 3 PS3 and PS4 lists. The PS3 version doesn't include a single-player and all of the trophies focus on the multiplayer and zombies section of the game. Whereas the PS4 version has the single-player, which introduces a ridiculous grind and having to play on realistic difficulty, beat the game on veteran without dying, etc.

The gameplay is the same(FPS), but the journey is unique.

I can't really think of an example where the game has an identical list, but the gameplay is rapidly different. Maybe the performance enhancements from a remaster, but those are typically minor and wouldn't consider them different. Although there are cases with remasters Not having multiplayer. For instance, Uncharted 2 & 3 have quite a long grind tied to the multiplayer portion of the game, and as a result, are more impressive than their remaster counterpart.

In this case, I would argue that because of the inclusion of multiplayer the gameplay is quite different, but still consider them a stack.

However, I don't think you can compare a GOTY or Complete edition to Persona 5 Royal. The content within Royal is not available for the base game, it's not just a DLC patch. In fact, Royal is not considered canon (it's a fierce debate) for the sequel/spinoff game Persona 5: Strikers. Thus, in this sense, Royal should be considered obsolete. However, from a technical perspective and the differences in content, I would still say people should play both Persona 5 and Royal.

I don't consider it a stack.

Whereas Fallout 3 vs GOTY edition is the same game. One just includes all of the DLC and the other doesn't. It's the same game.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Ragowit said:

And you pick up something interesting. Is it the journey to 100% or the gameplay that should differentiate a merge/obsolete title or not? Would you say to a new player to play BOTH Persona 5 AND Persona 5 Royal? Would you tell a new player to first play Fallout 3 without DLC and then play it again with all DLC?

Technically, for games like Persona 5, if a new player was coming along to me and asking what they should play, I would tell them to play Royal, not both, as Royal is a better game.

However, If someone who had already played P5 asked if they should play Royal, I would still tell them yes, as there is enough new content for someone to enjoy it again, and the game would feel sufficiently different to feel new in a lot of places.

(For Fallout 3, I would tell them to install the dlc from the start - but that isn't a 'stackable' game anyways, so that's by the by) 

I think on a trophy hunting website, the journey to platinum / 100% being identical is much more acceptable as an 'obsolescence' argument than the games being the same.

Trine 2 / Trine 2:Complete Story is a good example. 

The original Trine 2 is an incredibly easy game to platinum (it doesn't require any difficulty related stuff, and doesn't even require completion of the game to get the platinum). Trine 2: Complete Story, on the other hand, is a pretty rare platinum.

The game only added 3 or 4 new levels at the end of the story, however, the trophy requirements were changed for the entire game, requiring full playthroughs on the hardest settings and a bunch of different, markedly more difficult stuff to achieve.

In that case, I would say that if someone is coming in new, they should play Trine 2: Complete Story, as they will get everything there, however, recommending someone who already has Trine 2 to get Trine 2: Complete Story is a little murkier. For non-trophy hunters, it is just a couple of new levels. No biggie. Good levels, but probably not worth the full price of a new game. 

For trophy hunters though, it is a completely different beast - a tougher challenge, rarer trophies and requiring a mastery level much higher than the original version.

There are some cases where I think it's clear:

For games with multiple regions, but the trophy lists are identical, yes, those are clearly 'Stacks'.

For games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which come out on two systems simultaneously, and have identical lists, those are clearly also 'Stacks'

For games like, say Resident Evil 5, which was rereleased years after the fact on a new generation, but with a completely identical list, yes, those are definitely 'Stacks'. 

It's the other ones - where the re-release / remaster is the same / similar game, but the platinum challenge is different that it gets tricky.

The problem with deciding which version of a game is the 'Definitive' is that it is not a one size fits all - you are always likely to irk someone or other.

As an example:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood originally had multiplayer trophies, so the PS3 version is a rarer Platinum. However, the release on PS4 is graphically better, but easier to platinum due to the removal of MP.

So does the existence of the easier, (but visually better) version negate the efforts of trophy hunters who got the previous one? 

I have both - but if I had to decide which one is the one I want 'recognised'?

Well.... it depends on what kind of trophy hunter I am...

if I'm the kind of Trophy hunter who values the speed with which I got them, I would want the re-release recognised.

If I value rarity more, I would want the original....

It's all a little difficult to quantify in a simple answer - I think really what I'm saying is that for games like these, where the rerelease has a difference in trophies and requirements, personally I do not consider them a 'Stack' per-se. 

The games might be similar, or the same, but the journey to the platinum - the meta game that we are all engaged in, at least in some capacity - makes them different.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

Imagine if this site sorted out the nearly thousand stacks, so you would only get points from one stack in the leaderboards.

Optionally also remove >95% platinum rarities, as this would remove the trophy inflation. Shit publishers like Ratalaika would lose their incentive to spit out their weekly shovelware, and we could heighten the overall quality of games by not buying everything because of easy stacks/platinum/points when chasing leaderboard placements.

Makes no sense that you can spend a few days to obtain a couple hundred platinum trophies, and get a really high leaderboard placement against people trying to advance for years.

You got a solid trophy list @Ragowit, your Woah Dave livestream videos on YouTube from a few years back actually helped me greatly in getting the 1000 pennies trophy myself. Quite a lot of indie titles, some of them difficult (Shatter, Super Stardust HD) and you got Aaru's Awakening as well.

Best of luck with your website, looking forward to it.

Without stacking, I have approximately 10,693 trophies.

6 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Imagine if this site sorted out the nearly thousand stacks, so you would only get points from one stack in the leaderboards.

Optionally also remove >95% platinum rarities, as this would remove the trophy inflation. Shit publishers like Ratalaika would lose their incentive to spit out their weekly shovelware, and we could heighten the overall quality of games by not buying everything because of easy stacks/platinum/points when chasing leaderboard placements.

Makes no sense that you can spend a few days to obtain a couple hundred platinum trophies, and get a really high leaderboard placement against people trying to advance for years.

Bring back the average rarity statistic on the front page of our profiles too. Shovelware is generally noted by the high amount of gold trophies and the absurdly high average rarity I see on some profiles (75%+ average rarity).

I for second thought I could claim purity but then I remembered that my favorite game, re4 has definitely been done twice on my list so definitely not lmao
I can at the least say I am fairly certain I only have a single stack 

Holy cow nevermind I completely forgot about doing some games ?

Edited by Nerd_Herd_A_S
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nerd_Herd_A_S said:

I for second thought I could claim purity but then I remembered that my favorite game, re4 has definitely been done twice on my list so definitely not lmao
I can at the least say I am fairly certain I only have a single stack 

Such a great game though ?

Just now, PixelHelix said:

Such a great game though 1f600.png

It is definitely my favorite but I was wrong regardless LOL I completely forgot about the siege plat autopopping when I went to play it on ps5 and things like cold war cause I didnt switch it to the ps5 version when I first played mistakenly haha 

• Like 1

On 16.2.2021 at 1:50 PM, PixelHelix said:

I have not played it but I guess you are playing the same game twice, so yeah I would consider that a stack.

Thank you^^. Tried to update on psn100 but it keeps telling me that I'm in a queue to update with the number always resetting to a higher one.