PixelHelix

Highest Non-Stacking Trophy List

90 posts in this topic

I'm not really a fan of stacking, but if I had the demons souls ps3 plat i'd probably stack that with the ps5 remaster, same for something like a dead space remaster i wouldn't not play those because of anti stack.

 

but i haven't bothered with ps3 or stacking on this account so probably never will.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shary96 said:

I'm gonna include myself on this peculiar ranking. Currently at position ~9000 in the world :)

 

https://psnprofiles.com/shary96

 

Isn't Catherine an enhanced remaster of the original? I haven't played either tbh.

 

It would need to be a complete Remake like FF7R or RE2 Remake to count in my eyes.

 

Edit 1 - Actually it is a Remake as it was rebuilt in the Persona 5 engine

 

Edit 2 - Unfortunately I am not including profiles with Hidden Trophies....I don't wan't to be checking people haven't unhidden stuff after I put them on the list. Unhide the games and you are in at No.3 😀

 

 

34 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

I'm not really a fan of stacking, but if I had the demons souls ps3 plat i'd probably stack that with the ps5 remaster, same for something like a dead space remaster i wouldn't not play those because of anti stack.

 

but i haven't bothered with ps3 or stacking on this account so probably never will.

 

Nice profile...do you want to go on the list?

 

Edited by PixelHelix
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PixelHelix said:

 

Isn't Catherine an enhanced remaster of the original? I haven't played either tbh.

 

It would need to be a complete Remake like FF7R or RE2 Remake to count in my eyes.

 

Edit 1 - Actually it is a Remake as it was rebuilt in the Persona 5 engine

 

Edit 2 - Unfortunately I am not including profiles with Hidden Trophies....I don't wan't to be checking people haven't unhidden stuff after I put them on the list. Unhide the games and you are in at No.3 1f600.png

 

 

 

Nice profile...do you want to go on the list?

 

sure

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to anyone who chooses not to stack, same as anyone who chooses to stick to 100% completion, or who doesn't care. Play games the way that makes you happy.

 

I've done plenty of trophy stacking, both for trophies and to replay games. Not so much lately, far too many quick hits saturating the market for me to care. I'll wait for that £10 mega Rata 50-games-in-one they start selling on PS4 around when the PS6 is out.

 

But trophies give me a reason to replay a game, that's why I've done long games like Witcher 3, Sleeping Dogs and DjMax Respect twice. And I'll likely do them all a third time at some point in future years.

 

I love games, I love trophies, and sometimes I love stacks.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nauticus87 said:

Fair play to anyone who chooses not to stack, same as anyone who chooses to stick to 100% completion, or who doesn't care. Play games the way that makes you happy.

 

I've done plenty of trophy stacking, both for trophies and to replay games. Not so much lately, far too many quick hits saturating the market for me to care. I'll wait for that £10 mega Rata 50-games-in-one they start selling on PS4 around when the PS6 is out.

 

But trophies give me a reason to replay a game, that's why I've done long games like Witcher 3, Sleeping Dogs and DjMax Respect twice. And I'll likely do them all a third time at some point in future years.

 

I love games, I love trophies, and sometimes I love stacks.

 

Yep, everyone should be happy hunting however suits them. 

 

I was more curious than anything to see how far someone had gone without stacking....I like having something to aim at 😀

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PixelHelix said:

Edit 2 - Unfortunately I am not including profiles with Hidden Trophies....I don't wan't to be checking people haven't unhidden stuff after I put them on the list. Unhide the games and you are in at No.3 1f600.png

 

 

I have earned so many trophies during these years and because of 2 stupid trophies I got back in the day playing on the wrong account (Dishonored is the game hidden btw) I'm out? I chose to hide them for a reason, and that's a bit harsh if you ask me.

Edited by shary96
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shary96 said:

 

I have earned so many trophies during these years and because of 2 stupid trophies I got back in the day playing on the wrong account (Dishonored is the game hidden btw) I'm out? That's a bit harsh if you ask me.

 

Yeah, I started a game up on a different console thinking they shared a trophy list but it didn't so now I have a stack and I got terminated as well. Oh well. Rules are rules.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shary96 said:

I have earned so many trophies during these years and because of 2 stupid trophies I got back in the day playing on the wrong account (Dishonored is the game hidden btw) I'm out? I chose to hide them for a reason, and that's a bit harsh if you ask me.

 

Not sure if it can be really said that it is "harsh" to not be included in an arbitrary list, started by the OP on their own free time, for their own interest, by their own rules 😅

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, Arcesius said:

 

Not sure if it can be really said that it is "harsh" to not be included in an arbitrary list, started by the OP on their own free time, for their own interest, by their own rules 😅

 

I added you to the list mate...hope that's okay?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PixelHelix said:

I added you to the list mate...hope that's okay?

 

Yeah for sure, it's ok :) I don't personally care much about leaderboards within this hobby, but I also don't mind being placed on them. Go ahead! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

 

Yeah for sure, it's ok :) I don't personally care much about leaderboards within this hobby, but I also don't mind being placed on them. Go ahead! 

 

Thanks!

 

We nearly have a Top 10 😂

 

 

Edited by PixelHelix
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading through and I personally don’t count Persona 5 Royal as a stack. If people argue that it is then isn’t Super Street Fighter 4 a stack of Street Fighter 4? Or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a stack of Marvel vs Capcom 3?

I am curious though is Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, Dragon Quest 11 S, and Final Fantasy 14(PS5) considered stacks?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think PrinceofPeace is still up there as having one of the highest trophy counts without actually having stacked anything. Correct me if I’m wrong. 
 

Truly impressive. If there was a Trophy Hunters Hall of Fame, he would definitely get my vote.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2021 at 3:50 PM, PixelHelix said:

Anybody know who has the site's highest placed non-stacking trophy list?

 

I'm curious.

 

List so far, please post if you can better it!

1. Vern3r0z (Rank 3,353)

2. BB-BakkerJ (Rank 5,346)

3. JohnlMatrix (Rank 20,494)

4. MatThaRiPP3R84 (Rank 48,921)

5. ACowboy848 (Rank 53,624)

6. Croudostrasz (Rank 53,731)

7. Arcesius (Rank 86,948)

8. PeachyJacobs (Rank 336,856)

9. PixelHelix (Rank 1,591,829)

 

 

 

 

Nice to know there’s people who care about non stacked lists, imo these may lack in total number of plats, but earn the most respect, also, think I’m somewhere in the middle of that list haha

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think PrinceofPeace is still up there as having one of the highest trophy counts without actually having stacked anything. Correct me if I’m wrong. 
 

Truly impressive. If there was a Trophy Hunters Hall of Fame, he would definitely get my vote.

He has stacks, but still a nice list

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2022 at 8:06 PM, Shmeefly said:

He has stacks, but still a nice list

 

I guess it just depends on how a person defines what is a stack. BOII on PS3 and PS4 have very different lists, but I guess some people will call them a stack because they share the same name. Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition is even different from the original list. The requirements in the Full Clip Edition are different than the original, the trophy art is different, and there is no dlc, so it's all up to personal interpretation. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 16/02/2021 at 2:30 PM, Ragowit said:

Hello, I'm the owner of psn100 (which is still under development) that have been a discussion in this thread. Going to reply some of the questions.

 

What is considered a stack or not is a constant debate, and I'm still playing around with how it should be on the site. We have the easy ones (Ratalaika games), and then we have somewhat harder to decide games like the LEGO you mention. Currently, the site says that the LEGO Vita game are obsolete in favor for the PS3/PS4 version since the site prioritize those consoles over the Vita.

 

I have never played the game, but IGDB (https://www.igdb.com/games/persona-5/versions) list Royal as a version of Persona 5, and Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_5#Persona_5_Royal) says Royal is an enhanced version of Persona 5. So same game, just enhanced according to those sites. Therefor Persona 5 is currently listed as obsolete in favor for Royal so new players don't need to play the (almost) same game twice.

 

Regarding Trine, the site says Trine 2 is obsolete (and will thus not count its trophies) in favor for Trine 2: Complete Story.

 

Yeah, design isn't something I do so the site looks like ass on pretty much anything. It's decent on desktop though. I guess I should prioritize it but since the site is still under development I haven't really been bothered.

 

EDIT: The site is also restrict in the sense that players with hidden trophies are not ranked at all, and there is no "3 strikes and you're out" for cheaters. It's "1 strike and you're out".

As someone who also a lot of Lego games. Actually the vita versions of a lot of legogames are entirely different games. In a lot of cases they do have the same name and follow the same story (from the movie) but the gameplay is entirely different

the console games are open world for example while the vita versions often are not. Also the main activity in the vita games is doing challenges in the levels while the main activity in the home console games is collecting stuff so I wouldn’t really consider them stacking.

 

interesting topic btw. I think it’s easy to get defensive here as someone who does stacks. But maybe that just shows that we have to take trophy ideology a bit less serious^^ I have a bunch of stacks and I wish I didn’t but only because that would mean I can play my favourite games again with trophies. Would love a 4th stack of Diablo 3 on ps5 or all of the legogames again xD

Edited by Ich1994-1994
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

 

I guess it just depends on how a person defines what is a stack. BOII on PS3 and PS4 have very different lists, but I guess some people will call them a stack because they share the same name. Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition is even different from the original list. The requirements in the Full Clip Edition are different than the original, the trophy art is different, and there is no dlc, so it's all up to personal interpretation. 

If it’s the same game, it’s a stack, bulletstorm/bulletstorm full clip are the same game, trophies may be different but you’re still playing the same game twice, you also had black ops 3 twice if I remember correctly.

A stacked game is not down to “personal interpretation” lol it’s either on their twice or it isn’t, if it’s on their list twice or more, it’s a stack. Plain and simple.

Certain games reboot old franchises and share the same name as the og, like God Of War for example, by having the new and old God Of War games both on your list, this is NOT a stack because they are entirely different games, it’s not a remake of the original it’s completely original in itself, they’re entirely different games, so it can’t be considered as stacking with the original just because it shares the same title.

If your playing the same game again, then your stacking, regardless of trophy icons, dlc inc, title etc

This isn’t gender politics, where anyone can identify their lists as non stacked when they clearly are, sorry

Edited by Shmeefly
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see I dropped 1100 places on the leaderboard in just a year even though I’ve been gaming a lot. 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

If it’s the same game, it’s a stack, bulletstorm/bulletstorm full clip are the same game, trophies may be different but you’re still playing the same game twice, you also had black ops 3 twice if I remember correctly.

A stacked game is not down to “personal interpretation” lol it’s either on their twice or it isn’t, if it’s on their list twice or more, it’s a stack. Plain and simple.

Certain games reboot old franchises and share the same name as the og, like God Of War for example, by having the new and old God Of War games both on your list, this is NOT a stack because they are entirely different games, it’s not a remake of the original it’s completely original in itself, they’re entirely different games, so it can’t be considered as stacking with the original just because it shares the same title.

If your playing the same game again, then your stacking, regardless of trophy icons, dlc inc, title etc

This isn’t gender politics, where anyone can identify their lists as non stacked when they clearly are, sorry


nah, as in all walks of life, there is nuance - there is delineation in terms of whether one is considers “stacks” to be in terms of trophy lists, or games.

 

Trine 2 and Trine 2: Complete Story, for example, are the same game, but in terms of trophy lists, they are completely distinct -  one is very easy and one is quite difficult from a trophy point of view.

 

You could consider them a “stack” in terms of games, but they are a world away from a “stack” in terms of trophy lists - and that consideration, by necessity, allows for nuance in discussion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

If it’s the same game, it’s a stack, bulletstorm/bulletstorm full clip are the same game, trophies may be different but you’re still playing the same game twice, you also had black ops 3 twice if I remember correctly.

A stacked game is not down to “personal interpretation” lol it’s either on their twice or it isn’t, if it’s on their list twice or more, it’s a stack. Plain and simple.

Certain games reboot old franchises and share the same name as the og, like God Of War for example, by having the new and old God Of War games both on your list, this is NOT a stack because they are entirely different games, it’s not a remake of the original it’s completely original in itself, they’re entirely different games, so it can’t be considered as stacking with the original just because it shares the same title.

If your playing the same game again, then your stacking, regardless of trophy icons, dlc inc, title etc

This isn’t gender politics, where anyone can identify their lists as non stacked when they clearly are, sorry

 

There's DOOM and then there's DOOM. One is the 1993 original that made gaming history from two dudes at id Software (John Carmack and John Romero), the other is the 2016 reboot that tries to incorporate the old school first person shooter appeal.

 

Very much comparable with God of War. Two games from two different generations with different standards. Ain't the same games whatsoever.

 

Then we have Guacamelee and Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition. Those aren't the same games, even though you're playing a lot of the same enemies and levels in both.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, DrBloodmoney said:


It’s not quite that different - it changes up some parts of the main game, adding stuff here and there and adding a lot at the end, but it’s not a completely different game like FFVII vs FFVII Remake.

 

Personally, I think the best comparion would be playing Fallout 3 base game vs. Fallout 3 with all dlc installed from the start.

 

Different trophy lists though - with different requirements, so while the games might have a lot of crossover, I would still argue the journey to platinum is quite distinctly different between the two, and can’t (or shouldn’t) really be considered a ‘stack’

a comparion like

diablo 3 and diablo 3: reaper of souls?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

There's DOOM and then there's DOOM. One is the 1993 original that made gaming history from two dudes at id Software (John Carmack and John Romero), the other is the 2016 reboot that tries to incorporate the old school first person shooter appeal.

 

Very much comparable with God of War. Two games from two different generations with different standards. Ain't the same games whatsoever.

 

Then we have Guacamelee and Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition. Those aren't the same games, even though you're playing a lot of the same enemies and levels in both.

I would argue if your playing a version of something you’ve already done, which shares the same plot, enemy and level design equal to the original you’ve already done, it’s the same game, just updated by the developers in some way, but it’s still the same game, with the same story etc, I would consider that to be stacked, as with trine 2, I would say @DrBloodmoney pick which one you want to do, do you want the social gratification for doing the harder one, or do you want an easier time earning the trine 2 plat, if you don’t want your list to be open to ‘debate’ as to wether it contains stacks, just do one of them, and if your someone who did the original when it released and then the harder ver came out, you have to acknowledge that by doing it again, all be it a much harder version, your list will be considered stacked by people, even if you don’t, at the end of the day, it only really matters what we think about our own lists doesn’t it, we should never let other people’s opinions sway up from playing what we want.

Theres gamers out there that have list entirely built on stacks of ratalakia games and 20 min cheesers like my name is Mayo, and they believe that by the simple fact they have more plats than someone like me for example who has some seriously grindy games, their list is better than mine, in my mind, I could have the Elite Dangerous plat and nothing else, any my list would still be better than someone with 100 ratalakia plats, but that’s me, i personally can’t think of anything more pointless than stacking nothing but cheese, unless your in the fight for world no:1, if your not in that mix, your never going to be so what’s the point.

I guess it will just boil down to what the majority think, maybe more agree with you on what’s considered a stack, maybe more would agree with me, I just try to not micro manage what a stacked game is, if it’s a slightly different version but the core game shares the same design/story/load outs/enemies etc it’s basically the same game imo

Let me put it like this, you watch a movie, then 6 months later they release a directors cut with 12 mins of new scenes, commentary etc, would you agree that your watching the same movie or would you say it’s a new movie, in this case, most would agree it’s the same film right? N that’s how I see it with games

16 minutes ago, Namenick_Neku said:

a comparion like

diablo 3 and diablo 3: reaper of souls?

What are the differences, if it’s a case of ROS has included dlc, it’s a stack, imo

Edited by Shmeefly
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I would argue if your playing a version of something you’ve already done, which shares the same plot, enemy and level design equal to the original you’ve already done, it’s the same game, just updated by the developers in some way, but it’s still the same game, with the same story etc, I would consider that to be stacked, as with trine 2, I would say @DrBloodmoney pick which one you want to do, do you want the social gratification for doing the harder one, or do you want an easier time earning the trine 2 plat, if you don’t want your list to be open to ‘debate’ as to wether it contains stacks, just do one of them, and if your someone who did the original when it released and then the harder ver came out, you have to acknowledge that by doing it again, all be it a much harder version, your list will be considered stacked by people, even if you don’t, at the end of the day, it only really matters what we think about our own lists doesn’t it, we should never let other people’s opinions sway up from playing what we want.

Theres gamers out there that have list entirely built on stacks of ratalakia games and 20 min cheesers like my name is Mayo, and they believe that by the simple fact they have more plats than someone like me for example who has some seriously grindy games, their list is better than mine, in my mind, I could have the Elite Dangerous plat and nothing else, any my list would still be better than someone with 100 ratalakia plats, but that’s me, i personally can’t think of anything more pointless than stacking nothing but cheese, unless your in the fight for world no:1, if your not in that mix, your never going to be so what’s the point.

I guess it will just boil down to what the majority think, maybe more agree with you on what’s considered a stack, maybe more would agree with me, I just try to not micro manage what a stacked game is, if it’s a slightly different version but the core game shares the same design/story/load outs/enemies etc it’s basically the same game imo

 

The only point to stacking is to either play the game again because you loved it the first time, or to try to climb the leaderboards.

 

There's no doubt that those Sound Shapes stacks I did five years ago contributed greatly to increasing my ranking. But I wouldn't consider stacking at all if I were to start all over again. Which is basically my alt, because I'm just playing old games that I already enjoyed years ago and getting some trophies as the cherry on top of the cake.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.