Break Ace

Wagszilla

I’m guessing the 9 ball must go in the pocket off the break alone without collisions and balls hitting it into the pocket don’t count?

Because I’ve done the latter twice.

EDIT

If you are lining up off-center, I suggest making sure you’re striking 1 Ball before the ball to its left or the right. Appearances can be deceiving.

TIP

It only took me 10 hours but I finally figured out how to play this dumb version of Pool. If you naturally pull back RS to the left, the shot will go right. To compensate, put some English on it by slightly pointing the LS to the left. Or whichever balances out your slight imbalance. Pull back RS, look for bias left or right, correct with LS. Let go. Profit.

TIP 2

Don’t have a semi-broken LS like me. The red dot should go to just about the top of the cue ball with a little bit of white trim. 

Edited by Wagszilla

Sorry, don’t have this yet, but were any of the shots were you potted it counted as kiss shots or combination shots? If so I can imagine that might not be counted as “from the break” as the game would record it as something else (whereas perhaps knocking it it with another ball when not classified as the above may still work).

Good luck. Not looking forward to this.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

47 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Sorry, don’t have this yet, but were any of the shots were you potted it counted as kiss shots or combination shots? If so I can imagine that might not be counted as “from the break” as the game would record it as something else (whereas perhaps knocking it it with another ball when not classified as the above may still work).

Good luck. Not looking forward to this.

I did it 5 times. 

It took maybe 30 minutes or get the 9 ball in.

Each time (and every time I’ve gotten any ball in for that matter) I got the “FOUL” message.

Posts here and elsewhere said solo play was fine. I’ve switched to BEGINNER and will hopefully get it soon to confirm/deny its glitched.

No scratches any time.

Just now, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Check the video on the guide on psnprofiles about Yakuza 3 or google it on youtube.Your guess is right by the way.If you hit other ball than one you always make a foul

Thanks I did previously but I’d recommend everyone watch multiple videos on this to form a composite of strategies.

It was hard to spot when it goes by so fast and you’re paranoid about the RS.

I finally got this. I posted tips.