What type of gamer are you- Contemporary or Backlogger?

Conor

What type of gamer are you- Contemporary or Backlogger?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Contemporary or Backlogger?

• Contemporary- I keep up with new games mostly and will rarely play a game that has been out more than three years
    • Backlogger- I'll get new games when I can or if it is something I'm hotly anticipating, otherwise I'm chipping away at stuff I missed out on, sometimes many years old

If I had to pick one, contemporary.  The vast majority of what I play seriously, that isn't perpetual like Final Fantasy 14, are new releases.

That being said, my backlog is enormous.  Less so now that I'm selling my physical collection... but my Steam library alone would probably set me back a few years.  And that's not even counting PS+/Xbox Game Pass and any random digital purchases I've made in the last 10 years.

EDIT: Just realized I already posted in this lol.  Oh well, it's been a few years and circumstances have changed a bit.

Edited by Dreakon13

Considering im only now just got around to playing judgment and doom 2016 definitely a backlogger. Ioccasionally buy games day 1 but more often then not i wait a while ( for example i could buy like a dragon gaiden day 1 but why bother paying 50 for a game i wont touch for 6 months when i still need to plat judgment and lost judgment and by then it will be on sale for half off) the only game ill probably buy day 1 are eiyuden chronicle and the suikoden remasters to show support for those games.

• 3 weeks later...