Godfall: Worth the Buy?

SpectreUKR

Godfall is currently $40 on the PS Store and I was just wondering, is it worth the buy? I have not paid any attention to the game since launch, but I've heard that there have been some updates that have worked out some bugs and there is this "Primal Update". So to anyone who still plays the game, is it worth $40?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spectre_XXVI said:

Godfall is currently $40 on the PS Store and I was just wondering, is it worth the buy? I have not paid any attention to the game since launch, but I've heard that there have been some updates that have worked out some bugs and there is this "Primal Update". So to anyone who still plays the game, is it worth $40?

The only thing I dont like about the game being a HACK an SLASH title is you cant cancel out of frames... When you do a attack you cant roll you are committed to that move its not a good thing for a hack and slash. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it. I didn't know if I would at first but I ended up getting addicted to it and playing it for hours at a time. Once you begin to level up and gain better weapons and abilities, it's lots of fun.

However, my mate said the online co-op is a bit iffy, causing a number of issues. But, that was before the massive Primal update which dropped the other day. I don't play it with others online, so I never had any issues.

I reviewed it here: https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/godfall-ps5-review/

• Like 1

Performance mode is the one. Quality runs like crap. 

Lots of different gear so thats a plus. 

The story is mid. 

The world is beautiful. 

I encountered one glitch. 

No problems with trophies, played solo. 

Different valorplates, so quite refreshing. 

Cool enemies and bosses. 

Worth anything above £30, £40? No. 

• Like 1

I started playing this last week and am pleasantly surprised by it. It looks great and the combat and loot chase is fun, especially if you take the iniative to understand all the mechanics cause that part can be overwhelming. The voice acting is bad and the story so far is meh, but this game shines as a co-op experience imo. I'm playing it with 2 friends and we're having a blast so far.  I don't think I would recommend playing this game alone though and no matchmaking was a huge mistake by the devs. Also I had one small bug where a door wouldn't open, but a simple restart fixed that. Reading this back it sounds like a lot of negatives, but still I find myself addicted to the combat and loot chase enough to keep coming back to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2021 at 3:54 PM, Spectre_XXVI said:

I managed to get it from an online retailer physical copy, brand new, with codes, for £15 ($18 probably)

Shop around. 

The UK shop is Currys pc world and it's in their ps5 clearance sale of plenty of playstation physical games, including Lego avengers or incredibles for £10 instead of £40 download price 

Edited by TheMightyImp2

I only play this game co-op, i feel doing it solo would get way boring. 

Also having more fun with it now that ive beaten the campaign and am doing the dreamstones.

I paid full price for it at launch, I dont regret it because I wanted another PS5 game to play. If this was mid console cycle i would think otherwise.

FWIW The primal update did seem to fix all the glitchyness I had.

Personally I think this game is worth $40. I've said this from the beginning n I bought it at full price. Not having match making is definitely a huge negative 4 me. It may not bother u, but I think all co op games should have match making. Overall I think the combat is good (can be clunky from time to time) but overall good. Nice loot system n if u r into tinkering with your build end game I think it has a solid foundation in that department. They put out a couple of much needed updates which made the game more stable. If u don't have anything else to play n ur craving something new then I would say yes. If u can wait it out longer then I would wait til the price drops more.