Tips for new players

Kwotey

Do not hand in all medallions until you've completed the main story, this will trigger a huge bug. The medallions are received from killing each member of the order of the ancients. If you hand in all before finishing the game, it'll act as if you "discovered" the final and most important member. Then you'll be locked out of the Disorder of the Ancients trophy, obtained by eliminating all members. If you wish to go into detail behind this bug, there will be spoilers regarding it. It's happened to me, so this is my advice to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

If you die, make sure it’s with a sword in your hand or you will be denied entry to Valhalla!

Axe not sword. Its like you are not even trying to be a viking :(

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cocoeggs said:

Do not hand in all medallions until you've completed the main story, this will trigger a huge bug. The medallions are received from killing each member of the order of the ancients. If you hand in all before finishing the game, it'll act as if you "discovered" the final and most important member. Then you'll be locked out of the Disorder of the Ancients trophy, obtained by eliminating all members. If you wish to go into detail behind this bug, there will be spoilers regarding it. It's happened to me, so this is my advice to you. 

Oh shit, really? I already give some medallions to Hytham. I'm screwed?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

Oh shit, really? I already give some medallions to Hytham. I'm screwed?

Nah I had been giving medals to Htytham all throughout the story, Im pretty sure you are required to in a few points anyway.

To be safe make sure you have a few left to do and finish the story first, leave a couple of the wandering Zealots is my recommendation, the outer strips on the left and right.

Spoiler

You will need to visit America for 1 of the big head honchos as part of the final story missions as well so

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwotey said:

I'm going to be starting this in a couple of days. Any tips/advice in going for the platinum?

Sehr geschätzt! 

The best tip is when you begin to do a mistery and dont know what to do for complete the mistery dont leave the zone for do something more,watch a vid in youtube and do the mistery because the mistery will bugged and your platinum will be gone and be careful make several saves for your safety if something become bugged 

2 hours ago, cocoeggs said:

Did they not patch this with the new patch today? I thought I saw they patched it.

To OP resources are limited so don't go willy nilly upgrading gear if you think you might get better gear later. You'll be kicking yourself later if you do.

Also try a few different weapons out.

I did a good chunk of the game with axe and shield then realized I wasn't really using my shield much so switched to using two axes and I was much better in battle after that change. I tried a flail for a bit but it was too slow for my liking.

I also strongly recommend upgrading your ration pouch and arrow quiver early on as you can cheese higher level bosses with your bow and those heals will come in handy. Also as the other guy mentioned return to sender is an awesome perk where you can hurl back things the baddies throw at you.

Last bit do a manual save every couple of hours or so. Game is still buggy and you might need to return to an earlier save. Don't rely on auto save only. The animal related quests are probably the buggiest so be careful with those ones.

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Use manual save. As a gaming veteran it has saved my ass more times than I can count.

Otherwise just enjoy the experience. Probably won't get Valhalla for a pretty long while yet, got too many open world games to do before then.

If anything take this advice. The game has a few random bugs, NCPs will wonder off during mysteries causing a restart! I ‘failed’ a mystery and it didn’t count and I couldn’t restart it so manual saves for the win there. I had 5 manual saves in rotation every 20/30 mins. Had to backtrack numerous times because of issues 

just make sure any wealth, mysteries or artefacts you finish count and you’re golden!  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Random tidbit. Whenever you have a down moment near a river or ocean etc just fish for a minute. I already had 14 out of 19 of the fish for the trophy. So only had to seek out 5 of them. Only took 20 ish minutes. I could see traveling around getting all 19 in one sitting would be on the grindy side. Just my two cents

• Like 2

Most of it has been said but one point I want to stress again: save often. I cannot stress this enough. Make a manual save before every arc. 

Also, if you trigger a side event (blue dot thingy) by going near it just complete it there and then. Sometimes when it triggers and you wander off all manner of things can happen off screen and when you return to it you can find the quest giver dead, lost or things not where they should be so just get it out of the way there and then.

1. Save often, I have had some instancens where a trophy or mission didnt come so it saved ny bacon right there

2. clear most of the start before moving on with the game, it has alot of good and usefull items.

3. When doing raids get everything, most times theres additinal supplies.

4. Excalibur is not all that, two axes are better

5. When going for the 100%, either see a TV show or something because it will feel like a chore doing everything

6. get the axe throwing ability early it’s amazing