lewy_your_pic

Hitman 2 deal (should give gold access pass)

17 posts in this topic

Hitman 2 gold edition is £15.99 (in the uk so check your region). This should give the gold access pass for free 

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case? I don't have Hitman 3 yet, but might pick this up now as it seems a good deal. 

48 minutes ago, ROBOGEAR said:

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case? I don't have Hitman 3 yet, but might pick this up now as it seems a good deal. 

i bought it, it works. might have to load it up but it should work without it having to be loaded up

16 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

might have to load it up

You don't need to load anything. Having Hitman 2 Gold edition bought makes Access Pass free. 

3 hours ago, lewy_your_pic said:

Hitman 2 gold edition is £15.99 (in the uk so check your region). This should give the gold access pass for free 

Thanks for this, I was looking into getting 3 but the DLC seemed too expensive.

Edit: I was under the impression that if I bought Hitman III and Hitman II Gold Edition I would have acess to everything (trophy wise) but it doesnt  seem to be the case.

What else do I need to buy? And what is cheapest way to get it?

Edited by JavaNext

7 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Thanks for this, I was looking into getting 3 but the DLC seemed too expensive.

Edit: I was under the impression that if I bought Hitman III and Hitman II Gold Edition I would have acess to everything (trophy wise) but it doesnt  seem to be the case.

What else do I need to buy? And what is cheapest way to get it?

The only thing your missing is HITMAN 1. You can buy one of its complete version (GOTY or Definite Edition), then boot the game and redeem the free Legacy Pack and you should have access to its levels in HITMAN 2 and 3.
Also to add that HITMAN 1 (The Complete First Season) was given out on Plus in February 2019 I believe. That version will also work to give you the things your missing on the following games.

Edited by TugaSonic

I bought the Hitman 2 Gold Edition today and yes, it contains the additional expansion pass. However, I couldn't find any map of this DLC in my library, neither the Hantu map for the Sniper Assassin mode. I found a guy with a similar issue on Reddit and the solution is very simple: you have to go in the PS Store and type the name of each missing map (e.g., "Hitman 2 Siberia"), then download it for free.

13 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

The only thing your missing is HITMAN 1. You can buy one of its complete version (GOTY or Definite Edition), then boot the game and redeem the free Legacy Pack and you should have access to its levels in HITMAN 2 and 3.
Also to add that HITMAN 1 (The Complete First Season) was given out on Plus in February 2019 I believe. That version will also work to give you the things your missing on the following games.

Amazing, I forgot I had that from PS Plus, I just added it and never played it.

Just a heads up, Hitman The First Season doesnt show up under PS Plus games, it shows under Game Colllection. Took me a bit to find it.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, Akrioz said:

You don't need to load anything. Having Hitman 2 Gold edition bought makes Access Pass free. 

Nice - that was my only concern, that I would need to load up Hitman 2 but never actually play it, so that it would recognize that I owned it.  If it automatically recognizes the purchase and allows me to download the Access Pass in Hitman 3, I'm all in.  Thanks.

17 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I bought the Hitman 2 Gold Edition today and yes, it contains the additional expansion pass. However, I couldn't find any map of this DLC in my library, neither the Hantu map for the Sniper Assassin mode. I found a guy with a similar issue on Reddit and the solution is very simple: you have to go in the PS Store and type the name of each missing map (e.g., "Hitman 2 Siberia"), then download it for free.

In the ps5 you just press the options button on the game and click additional content and all the dlcs come up, might work the same for ps4

6 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

In the ps5 you just press the options button on the game and click additional content and all the dlcs come up, might work the same for ps4

On PS4 you can actually just load up Hitman 3, and all the levels from the old game will have a 'Get Access' button on them, which takes you to a direct link to the download (which will be free if you have purchased the previous stuff in some form already) 👍

18 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

That will give you everything except the Patient Zero campaign, I think.

(Patient Zero being 4 alternate maps - good ones, but not essential for trophy purposes, as they have no associated trophies.)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

6 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

On PS4 you have to go in your library, select a game and you can see all DLCs. In my case, several maps were not here, not only the three map of the expansion pass. Using the in-game store was not working too. With the gold edition, the expansion pass in the library is automatically detected by the game (even with missing maps in my case) and you can't download it.

6 minutes ago, walafc0 said:

On PS4 you have to go in your library, select a game and you can see all DLCs. In my case, several maps were not here, not only the three map of the expansion pass. Using the in-game store was not working too. With the gold edition, the expansion pass in the library is automatically detected by the game (even with missing maps in my case) and you can't download it.

I dont know what is or isnt included, its my first time playing hitman, was just saying I had to manually click installed button for the DLCs to download

So I have hitman3 and bought the gold of hitman 2 - I can now access all of those games' maps no problem. Someone mentioned the hitman ps plus version being enough, which isn't the case actually. Hitman 3 doesn't let me use my PS Plus hitman 1 stuff for anything... is there a solution?

7 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

So I have hitman3 and bought the gold of hitman 2 - I can now access all of those games' maps no problem. Someone mentioned the hitman ps plus version being enough, which isn't the case actually. Hitman 3 doesn't let me use my PS Plus hitman 1 stuff for anything... is there a solution?

It is enough but you need to boot HITMAN 1, access it's in-game store and get the Legacy Pack. Only then will HITMAN 3 (and 2 if you're ever interested in playing on it) recognize you own it.

19 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

It is enough but you need to boot HITMAN 1, access it's in-game store and get the Legacy Pack. Only then will HITMAN 3 (and 2 if you're ever interested in playing on it) recognize you own it.

I will try it, thank you.