Online trophies

Manilu-08

Hi everyone, I'm planning on doing the Now trial week to plat The Crew 2 and get Doom online trophies (only base game). Can I do them without starting the story? Are they difficult if done without knowing how to play? Are games found quickly or does no one play them? In a few years I'll be doing a one year subscription and I'll plat it, so I don't have to worry about servers

For the base game, the online trophies should be fairly simple. Getting to level 5 in multiplayer is a breeze as pretty much doing anything gives you XP. Winning a match is dependant on the mode/teammates but shouldn't pose much of an issue. Mapmaker ones are easy enough as well.

Last played it in mid December and there were still a fair few players about. Shouldn't take you more than an hour or so to get all the base game online trophies.

The post launch ones? Now THAT's where the grind is,

• Like 1

Yes, you can you do them without starting the singleplayer. 

They are not difficult. Just a bit grindy. You are looking at 15/20 hours, just for the online. 

I play in EU and sometimes later at night matchmaking is a bit slower.

I recommend you using the Vortex Rifle for headshots and chest shots long and mid range and the Super Shotgun for up close kills, 1 to 2 shots is all you need. I like using the Threat Pulse to get some easy kills (really useful for some game modes).

Edited by omnx-supak
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm taking advantage of a recent offer of getting PS Now for a month for $6.49 and just platinumed the game. The base game online trophies were quite easy to get (and I'm terrible at multiplayer). I picked up a few of the DLC online trophies as well with minimal effort. One or two of the game modes were pretty quiet, but I had no problem finding players in March 2021 via several of the other game modes.   

Edited by drfk168

• 2 weeks later...

i did it on xbox and it took a while, but eventually i found a rocking setup. the plasma rifle and the handgun. if you use the alt fire aswl as primary fire at the same time on plasma, and hit someone dead on they are completely blinded and fucked, like you just hit em with a flashbang, and if your holding down primary fire at same time they're already dead before they know what to do.

sometimes you'll miss or hit with only the secondary and if they run off you can completely nail them with the pistol it's unreal, anything at low health is practically deleted. and when you get all trophies for demon kills stick with the invisible charging pinky for 15+ kill streaks in 5 seconds. still takes ages to grind for cyberdemonic armor.

• 10 months later...

Jan 31st, 2022

Servers are still up but are not very active. I have been able to find and join matches in the evenings but note I have only been playing the MP since Friday. So weekdays may be dead versus the weekend. 

As has been stated, reaching Prestige/ Echelon VIII at minimum is required for 100% as this is the earliest point you will have access to challenges that unlock Cyberdemonic Armor. If you cannot complete any of these you will need to reach Echelon rank X.

After 6 or so hours I have reached Echelon II and the only trophies I have left are the 3 for wearing specific armor pieces. The kill trophies all come naturally and you will undoubtedly get them on your journey to rank VIII/ X.

Demon kills, honestly the hardest thing about them is getting a chance to become them. I found the cacaodemon/ floating meatball the hardest to get kills with. I spammed the R2 attack as I could never get the L2 attack to work (tongue skewer) which I think heals you but again never got it to work. The harvester demon was pretty easy, use the R2 beam attack to charge the L2 explosive area of effect attack. Spectre/ Pinky demon is exceedingly easy. Use the L2 bull rush attack and run around destroying enemies just avoid any walls for as long as possible and you'll have your multikill in no time. Stick with this one for lots of kills after getting the other demon kill related trophies. 

Edit: It took me 24 hours to reach Echelon Rank VIII and another 2.5 hours to complete one of the challenges to unlock a piece of Cyberdemonic Armor. 

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 1