Legend of Mana coming to PS4 on June 24, 2021

Suminya

Bit disappointed this seems to be releasing digitally only, but nonetheless I am glad this is also coming to PS4. $30 is pretty steep though, probably gonna wait for a sale on it. Did the same for many of the other remasters/ports of old Square Enix games, most of which I've still yet to play admittedly. In fact, I already own the original version of Legend of Mana, which I've never played. Just too many games and not enough time.

It is nice to see so many older titles being brought to modern platforms with enhancements. Still hoping they re-release SaGa Frontier 2 as well at some point, and perhaps re-release Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song or the original SNES version (no idea why they haven't considering they translated and ported 2 and 3).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

I hope we get another game like Trials :D 

Legend of Mana is very different from Trials (or anything else in the Mana group, at least among ones I've played). It's pretty easy to miss stuff due to its strange, "lay out lands, and if they're next to the right ones, you'll open up events" nature.

Also, the game is incredibly easy on its default difficulty, but on its hardest difficulty, it is pretty brutal. You really need to farm good materials and make the best weapons. Finally, originally on PS1, you could unlock new bosses if you had save files from other Squeenix games. I hope all of those bosses are unlocked by default here.

This was the best gaming news I've gotten in so long. I played this game so much growing up and have so many great memories with it. Was so excited when I saw it was coming to the PS4 as well, sucks that it's only digital for NA. There's a Collector's Edition on the SE JP site, picked it up just because I've always wanted this game to be rereleased or ported so I'm ecstatic that it's finally coming true. Can't wait!

This announcement genuinely made me happy. I'm loving all these remasters for games I've never played, but I know I would. Super fun. I've always been a huge fan of the pixely type of games. Also perfect it's digital, considering 99% of my library is digital now lol

Edited by Sword