Is it impossible to complete Nioh 2 Remaster due to Kodama Leader trophy being bugged?

painable5466

Hello all,

I am looking for some advice regarding the recently released Nioh 2 Remaster for the PS5. I am having a bit of trouble with the trophy Kodama Leader, which requires you to collect 150 kodamas (the game's collectible). 
When checking the progression of the trophy in the trophy list of the game (the new feature that PS5 has that shows you how far you are from earing a trophy), I am at 149/150, however at the same time, there are 6 zones in the game and I can see that in each zone I have collected 25 kodama and in the game menu records/ other for Kodama found I have 100.0%.

So this is where roughly 7 hours of searching on the internet and forums comes into play, sadly without any results. I haven't found anyone else that has encountered this issue, but then again the remastered version for the PS5 came out just recently.
I have tried deleting the game / re-installing in case of corrupt data or something - didn't work and I am all out of ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very greatful.

Thx!

• Like 1

I'm literally having the same issue. 149/150 on the trophy progress but I've got all 150 found according to the game.

Have you collected any Kodama from the DLC yet? I'm not quite finished with the main story but I'm curious to see if collecting 1 more Kodama from the DLC might count towards the total. And I'm curious to see if New Game + shows that I'm missing a Kodama.

Okay. So I found a solution and managed to get the trophy to pop for me. Give it a try.

I have the PS4 and PS5 version of Nioh 2 installed on my PS5. I uploaded my PS5 character to the cloud via the in-game options menu which is accessed via the title screen.

I booted up the PS4 version of Nioh 2 and downloaded the save file which made a bunch of trophies pop that I had already achieved on the Remastered edition, including KODAMA LEADER.

I uploaded the PS4 character via the same method and downloaded it back to the PS5 version. The KODAMA LEADER trophy finally popped for me.

If you don't have the PS4 version of Nioh 2 available, maybe you can still try to upload your character on the PS5 game and re-download it straight back to thr same version. No idea if it will work but might be worth trying to save you the hassle of downloading the game again.

• Like 2

I just uploaded my save file to the backwards compatible PS4 version of the game and the trophy poped. Later I will try the same but from PS4 to PS5, hopefully it will work.
Guess I have to complete Nioh twice now, but I don't mind, it's a good game.

Edit: If you are in my situation, upgrading from PS4 to PS5 and you have the Season pass, currently there is an issue where you cannot download that content on PS5, it's unavailable on the PS5 store, but you can download it on your PS4. It's an issue with the PS5 store, not your license so...hopefully it will get fixed sooner or later.

Edited by painable5466

It is kind of unreal how many ps5 games have had trophy tracking issues. I wish Sony would take this a little more seriously and resolve whatever issue is going on, as this isn't the first game and I'm sure it won't be the last game with a similar issue.

Rant aside, I'm playing through the first game now and am glad that I noticed this thread. Thank you in advance for the solution, Tidus - hopefully I won't need it for either game but it's good to know a solution is out there.

Just tried downloading my save file, unfortunately it doesn't work for my specific scenario. I got the following message:
"You do not have the rights for the add-on required to resume the game with the downloaded character date. The character data was not saved."

Since I have the season pass on my PS4 save, but on PS5 the DLC is currently unavailable, it thinks I don't have license to the software at all.
I guess if you do not have the DLC's the above solution would work. In my case, guess I'm stuck waiting for a patch since this issue is not only blocking me from getting a platinum, but also play a lot of content from the DLC.

Update:

@Playstationsupport suggested that I restore my licenses. This can be done from Settings / User and Accounts / Licenses / Other / Restore Licenses.
Unfortunately this did not work for me so I've sent them pictures of the trophy issue, as well as the DLC not being available and they will investigate and escalate this further.

I will keep the thread updated once I receive a reply from them in case anyone else comes across this issue in the future.

5 hours ago, xh117 said:

I think you have to download the ps5 version of the dlc, it'll be free since you have ps4 dlc, had to do that to get the dlc working on ps5.

I can't download the DLC, it says it's unavailable. I was able to find a few other threads with people having the same issue, so I'm hoping it will get fixed sooner or later.
Currently waiting for a response from PS support

Issue has been resolved. Now if you have a Nioh 2 physical copy of the game and upgrade from PS4 to PS5 having previously purchased the Season Pass, you will now be able to go to the store and download the 3 DLC's for free. Keep in mind you may have to refresh your license as well (follow the path above on PS5) and you are all set.

• 11 months later...