Upgrade Games from PS4 to PS5

shivandesai78

It's amazing how there are limited PS4 games that are eligible for a free upgrade towards the PS5. This gives PlayStation players a chance to experience a new version of the game and save money at the same time. People with PS4 can play the games they own right now and when they get the PS5, they can upgrade the games for free regardless to whether the game is disc or digital, although some games do require a fee to upgrade or a bundle.

These games are what I got for the PS5:

• Watch Dogs: Legion (First PS5 game digital)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Cross Gen Bundle)
  • Avengers (PS5 delayed due to changes that need to be made)

I wished I got Spider-Man: Miles Morales for the PS4. I used to think it was just a PS5 exclusive, but after finding out in September that it is available for the PS4, I was very happy. As of right now, I got this game on the PS5 disc which was the Ultimate Edition which had not only the game, but the suits and Spider-Man: Remastered PS5. I think I should get some PS4 games so that I can upgrade to the PS5 for free.

The only upgrades I want really are better stability, better performance and consistent framerate. Graphics don't concern me, I'm sure Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales still looks good on a PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro, or simply play the PS4 version on the PS5 as I'm sure many people already have.

Only one actual game that isn't available readily on the PS4 (unless you count PS Now for the original Demon's Souls) that I want to play on the PS5 is Demon's Souls. The remake looks fantastic and the world looks engrossing and very atmospheric, as From Software are masters at generating.

• Like 1

some games dont get a ps4 to ps5 upgrade but do get uncapped or 60fps. MHW is one. I think Sekiro has better framerate too. Definitely better load times upon death. 7seconds vs 19seconds.

Borderlands 3 has an upgrade,  Nioh 2 upgrades tho its shit. Same with 1. way too many pop ins. Like you step back, the torch and house in the distance are gone.... step forward,  they pop back in. Fucking dumb. Game looks good other than that.

20 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

some games dont get a ps4 to ps5 upgrade but do get uncapped or 60fps.

Owning a PS5 does wonders to some of the more overlooked titles, I absolutely love the shit out of the games that had abysmal performance or awful loading times on the PS4 but now are smooth as hell - like Bard's Tale IV, Knack, Lichdom: Battlemage, XCOM 2... I deliberately seek out these games in my backlog, because you can get the most difference there.

Like going from stable 30 to 60 is not an insanely big deal, but going from a wobbling 25-40 to rock solid 60 is. Sekiro was a good example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbdbh said:

Owning a PS5 does wonders to some of the more overlooked titles, I absolutely love the shit out of the games that had abysmal performance or awful loading times on the PS4 but now are smooth as hell - like Bard's Tale IV, Knack, Lichdom: Battlemage, XCOM 2... I deliberately seek out these games in my backlog, because you can get the most difference there.

Like going from stable 30 to 60 is not an insanely big deal, but going from a wobbling 25-40 to rock solid 60 is. Sekiro was a good example.

i never thought to check the games that ran like crap on ps4.  

i haven't played control ps5 yet,  im wondering if they eliminated that weird lag when you unpause. It like stutters hard for a few seconds. 

Edit: not a huge fan of ACG, but he reviewed Lichdom and gave it a solid buy. Game looks nothing like i thought it was. Some weak budget game. It looks.good so ima keep checkin it out.

Edited by Infected Elite

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i never thought to check the games that ran like crap on ps4.  

i haven't played control ps5 yet,  im wondering if they eliminated that weird lag when you unpause. It like stutters hard for a few seconds. 

I held off playing control until the PS5 came out due frame drops and poor performance.. Plays great on my PS5 now.. currently playing through it. Cant say I have come across the pause input lag.. ill check it out..

Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 are also much improved on ps5 in terms of loading, and less frame drops.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

1 hour ago, SlipingJimmy said:

I held off playing control until the PS5 came out due frame drops and poor performance.. Plays great on my PS5 now.. currently playing through it. Cant say I have come across the pause input lag.. ill check it out..

Borderlands 3 and Destiny 2 are also much improved on ps5 in terms of loading, and less frame drops.

it lagged on ps4 after unpausing