Kill Your Completion 15

3 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

I didn't know that...Guess these Kiseki games wouldn't be available in English, would they? I put over 100hrs into Cold Steel & enjoyed every minute of it. Thankfully, I bought 2, & plan to pick up 3-4. But I'd go for more from this world/series in a heartbeat. 

Actually Liberl arc (Trails in the Sky FC, SC and the 3rd) are available in English on PC (and GOG is running a sale on all Falcom games right now).  FC and SC are on PSP and should still be available to buy via the store on a Vita.  The JP only ones do have fan translations though.  Zero and Ao no Kiseki have a patch, Hajimari no Kiseki has a spreadsheet though I think they were working on a way to sub it on PS4, probably would need mods though.  But I honestly think we're going to get a localization announcement for Hajimari by the end of this year with the current patterns NISA has been holding to.

For FC, SC and the 3rd, if you have a WIndows PC capable of running a modern browser, you can play those.  They really don't need anything fancy as far as specs go.  No need for a controller for your PC either, they play great with mouse and keyboard.  They are pretty old games so don't expect fancy graphics like Cold Steel, but still great story and worldbuilding.

• Like 1

@ladynadiad

Oh, I hope they get localized in the west. It feels like since 3 or so (Cold Steel) came out on PS4 over here I run into more people talking about it or recommending them in game stores. So, their popularity would justify it if the marketing clearly explains it's in the same world & style. I wouldn't blame them if they went the norm of releases now with a regular release & then a remaster though. 

I don't PC game anymore, but I can charge up my PSP. Next time I do my circuit of the retro game shop I frequent, I'll see if he's got any. If there were any released physically. If not, PSN store it is. Thank you for telling me about them!

15 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

@ladynadiad

Oh, I hope they get localized in the west. It feels like since 3 or so (Cold Steel) came out on PS4 over here I run into more people talking about it or recommending them in game stores. So, their popularity would justify it if the marketing clearly explains it's in the same world & style. I wouldn't blame them if they went the norm of releases now with a regular release & then a remaster though. 

I don't PC game anymore, but I can charge up my PSP. Next time I do my circuit of the retro game shop I frequent, I'll see if he's got any. If there were any released physically. If not, PSN store it is. Thank you for telling me about them!

Only Trails in the Sky FC got a physical release.  SC is digital only.  Pretty much with Zero and Ao no Kiseki, a part of why they haven't been localized yet was technical limitations, but with those being resolved now the huge hurdle is the cost for localization along with the limited market appeal for older games.  Ao is going to be 10 years old this year, and it's graphics were dated when it came out.  That's definitely going to be a rough sell even if there is a strong and devoted fandom for the games.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, PerryToxteth said:

Or maybe somebody can rate it for me. Anybody watch this show? 

I watched the first season on a whim. It was amazing. I love the old dapper looks when men wore three piece suits with pocket watches & women wore deep, solid color dresses with beautiful hair/hat accessories. Peaky Blinders not only looks great as a period piece, it's also addicting to watch. 

Business & family rarely mix well, & it's this dynamic that stirs up a lot of the problems that come up, making this show interesting. But it's gritty, dark & explicit. It kind of surprised me there, because when I see the BBC logo, I think the show will be on the tame side content wise. No offense to anyone across the pond, I don't even have the BBC channel anymore. The only things I used to watch from there were Doctor Who & Downton Abbey.

It's got a stellar cast, not your typical rotation of the same actors making the rounds. Cillian Murphy stars (obviously), I only watched him as Scarecrow in Batman & a horror/sci-fi movie called Sunrise. So I had no expectations going in. He leads well, I really like the flawed Shelby character. Tom Hardy & Sam Neill are also in it in roles I never would have pegged them for. There's more I'm sure, but I haven't watched it in about a year. I think the shows all wrapped up now, good time to binge the whole thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

I watched the first season on a whim. It was amazing. I love the old dapper looks when men wore three piece suits with pocket watches & women wore deep, solid color dresses with beautiful hair/hat accessories. Peaky Blinders not only looks great as a period piece, it's also addicting to watch. 

Business & family rarely mix well, & it's this dynamic that stirs up a lot of the problems that come up, making this show interesting. But it's gritty, dark & explicit. It kind of surprised me there, because when I see the BBC logo, I think the show will be on the tame side content wise. No offense to anyone across the pond, I don't even have the BBC channel anymore. The only things I used to watch from there were Doctor Who & Downton Abbey.

It's got a stellar cast, not your typical rotation of the same actors making the rounds. Cillian Murphy stars (obviously), I only watched him as Scarecrow in Batman & a horror/sci-fi movie called Sunrise. So I had no expectations going in. He leads well, I really like the flawed Shelby character. Tom Hardy & Sam Neill are also in it in roles I never would have pegged them for. There's more I'm sure, but I haven't watched it in about a year. I think the shows all wrapped up now, good time to binge the whole thing. 

Thanks for the endorsement! 
Tom Hardy and Sam Neil are normally great in all they do. Cillian Murphy is on another level. I saw a great film years ago called “When the Wind Shakes the Barley” about Irish rebellion against the Brits and he was stunning. He could probably just nurse a beer and smoke onscreen for an hour and I’d be mesmerized. 

• Like 2