Kill Your Completion 15

On 3/15/2021 at 7:50 PM, DamagingRob said:

Game #3- Unravel 2 Review

Le5bb8a.png

So, I really liked this game. It kind of got me out of the gaming funk I was in, and I didn't want to stop playing. It also wasn't quite what I expected. There is no A.I. companion. You basically control both yourself, pressing :triangle: to switch between the two. For speedrunning, this is a nightmare and will probably be why I don't finish it. Which is a shame, 'cause I really like it.. But what can you do? Don't know why this one went so tryhard with its list, and didn't just stick to no death runs. Trophies focused on co-op with no online multiplayer is kinda gross. :/ Maybe I'll try them more at a later date, but I decided to take a break last night after even a no death run wasn't fast enough for the one I was trying to do. But MLB 18 was fun, so there's that. :P

I just remember hearing that doing these speedrun trophies is very frustrating. Main reason why I haven't bothered picking this game up, despite having the same charm and atmosphere the first Unravel had.

Oh well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

One thing that I really find annoying, is while running around exploring, the character's have this... breathing sound effect. I switched to the girl with the least obnoxious sound, after not liking the MC's. But it's still there, and I don't know why they had every VA do this silly thing. 

I forgot to mention that weird gasping thing. There's a way to stop that: Go into the options/config menu, there's one that opens up a toggle to turn off voice overs for individual characters. But that also applies to cutscenes, so you'll either have to remember to switch it back on, or pick one of the two boys as the leader since their roles are pretty small. 

Edited by Gretchen27
Typo
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Welp, guys, I must regretfully bow out of this event. I thought I could get my gaming mojo back with this event, but I unfortunately got sick and couldn't keep up after that. But I wish everyone good luck!

Well, you've gotten to 6/10 games on your list so that isn't a bad thing. Hopefully when you feel up to it, you can try out the rest of the games. A Kings Tale is quite fun and The Nonary Games is an interesting puzzle and suspense VN with good characters.

Feel better soon :)

• Like 1