Arriving February 19

snakebit10

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

There is no free upgrade for PS4 owners because of legal issues. It is being self published by Frogwares.

The Sinking City PS5 Version Releases Tomorrow At a Lower Price (playstationlifestyle.net)

I just bought the PS4 version in a recent sale. Go figure.

I have the disk version of this, I was just going to ask if it was a free upgrade 

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlade9 said:

Any reason why the "All Sewn Up" trophy is missing from the PS5 version?

There’s a new DLC pack with three quests in it, that quest is now part of the DLC, so it’s not included in the trophies.

regarding other comments - there is no physical and probably won’t be unless they team up with a limited run company, as they’re just self publishing as digital only.

regarding if you should buy it - it’s native 4k, 60fps, improved visuals, fast loading, a free digital art book within the next few weeks, and 30% off for plus members. Also, the base price is purposely lower than the PS4 version because of the issues they’ve had with NACON.

i have my review copy ready but it doesn’t go live until it’s on the NA store in a few hours! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, turniplord said:

There’s a new DLC pack with three quests in it, that quest is now part of the DLC, so it’s not included in the trophies.

Man, I get all of their publisher problems, but removing content from the existing version is and adding it as DLC is a pretty stupid move.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Man, I get all of their publisher problems, but removing content from the existing version is and adding it as DLC is a pretty stupid move.

Yeah, it's a bit strange - only noticed when I read the contents of the new DLC pack. I think the other 2 stories in the pack are new, possibly - it's a pack about quests based on H.P. Lovecraft works - that's why it's been included. 

If you’ve already played and completed the PS4 version of this game, there doesn’t seem to be too many reasons to pick this up. Not only is there no aforementioned free upgrade and manual saving, there are also some trophies removed.  As far as the game’s  quality goes, it’s decent enough, but not a must play by any means.  The one negative that doesn’t do this game any favors is the clunky combat system.  Not only is it awkward when you’re trying to hide or aim while moving during combat, you have to constantly bring up radial menus when you need to reload, use a healing item, or use a sanity item.  It really got on my nerves after a while.  

On 18/02/2021 at 8:50 PM, WhisperingDusk said:

I've read quite a lot of short stories by Lovecraft. I love "cosmic horror" kinda movies. And if I write some short stories myself I usually end up replicating Bloodborne somehow.

So for those that played the game, recommend or pass? 

It’s very similar to Vampyr in that mediocrity in most aspects of the game are forgivable because the story and setting are intriguing and stir your imagination. And given that it’s based on Lovecraft, these are of course the most important aspects. It actually motivated me to dig out the Lovecraft book that I had never read a page of despite receiving over 5 years ago. 

However, given that this was my introduction to Lovecraft, it might have made more of an impression on me because this was my very first time experiencing all of the whacky oddities of the world. Someone more experienced such as yourself might be less impressionable, and the flaws with the specific story that it tries to tell might have more of a toll on your enjoyment. 

So overall I think it’s worth a shot, if anything just to experience a glimpse of a realised Lovecraft world. But I definitely wouldn’t pay any more than £10-15. Apparently the PS5 version is the only one that directly benefits the developers, so maybe wait for a price reduction instead of choosing the PS4 edition. 

Btw you might be interested in Darkest Dungeon if you’ve never played it before.