Ratalaika makes the jump to PS5

It looks like Ratalaika's endless supply of hilariously easy platinums isn't going to diminish anytime soon. I'm not surprised, nor do I really care (hey, these devs needed some way to get their game on the PS Store), but between this and auto-popping trophies on PS5, I can imagine some people are concerned about the future of trophy hunting.

This isn't their first game on PS5. There is Freddy Spaghetti and Ultra Goodness 2 also.

They did say in a tweet not to long ago that by the middle of February they would be getting more of the games on PS5 and I believe they are looking into getting some of the older games onto PS5 also.

9 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

This isn't their first game on PS5. There is Freddy Spaghetti and Ultra Goodness 2 also.

They did say in a tweet not to long ago that by the middle of February they would be getting more of the games on PS5 and I believe they are looking into getting some of the older games onto PS5 also.

I wonder if they are going to offer free upgrades on PS5. If so, it looks like I'm getting about 20 additional platinums when I get a PS5 (I bought a ton of Rata games back in late 2019)

11 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Concept Destruction was their first PS5 port.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Every time somebody comes up with suggestions on how to correct the inflation, the same group of crybabies start flooding the threads with excuses on why not to address the problems.

Not everyone sees  what you coined as “inflation” as a “problem” to be “corrected”. And there is more than one solution than just to change the cumulative points leaderboard, as it’s still doing the thing it’s designed to do. In fact most of the opposition is just to changing the current leaderboard and have been mostly supportive of creating a separate board tailored to what you’re looking for. 

Although calling others crybabies with what you have in this post is an interesting take. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

The leaderboard is cumulative because Sly chose it to be cumulative.

When this site was made, we didn't have tons of platinum shovelware inflating the points.

When something unexpected happens, you adapt instead of not doing anything for years.

If people want to go for shovelware and be ranked on cumulative leaderboards as it currently is, by all means let them be. You may not like it, but that's life. People play games you may not like, and they may not like your games either. At the end of the day, it's a piece of code to signify a "completion" of a game. Nothing to get upset over or attempt to "gatekeep".

Live and let live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Do you even acknowledge that there is a point inflation?

If yes, what are your suggestions on how to fix it?

You’ll have to define point inflation in the way you are referring it.

A trophy awards points based on the type of trophy assigned to an action chosen by the developer. That hasn’t changed since trophies were introduced, aside from the point values of platinums increasing, but that was retroactive. 

I don’t think that what I assume you’re talking about when you refer to point inflation is a problem to be fixed. I think wanting to create a tailored leaderboard to only compare yourself to profiles in the way you choose is fine. And I think those leaderboards can live along side a cumulative points leaderboard. I also don’t think (even though there are absurd numbers of regional releases) that these games are as big a problem as people are making them out to be considering the sheer number of alternatives to these releases and the fact that many of these need to be purchased multiple times and played through again to earn their points. They don’t just autopop. Then it becomes what the leaderboard has always been. Whoever has the most money and time stays at the top.

• Like 2

l can understand from time to time you feel like you can treat yourself with an easy platinum ( think like your cheat day ) but l see lots of profiles with 99% of their platinum are from ratalika games and to me, those profiles are absolutely garbage. They already ruined trophy hunting on last gen, didn't need to step up to PS5, now they're just pissing on the corpse.

• Like 4