ElevExplorer64

Ratalaika makes the jump to PS5

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

You proved my point that the leaderboards lack any deeper value apart from surface level observations.

I have made that point all along. Did you use a lot of words to say you agree with me?

2 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Having Ratalaika auto-popping trophies is going to be quite the internet war amongst trophy hunters.

Do any of their games even support auto-popping? They're so easy you can just play it again.

I admittedly have platinums of their games, it's just a nice boost once in a while but i don't go crazy and platinum all of them, especially not the different regions, i think that would devalue my list a lot. 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I mean, sure, I guess...

but I guess what I’d say is....

Why even bother?

You aren’t being ‘overtaken’ by people who have stack in the hundreds, and only play 30minute platinum games over and over.

You really aren’t.

Why not just feel a mild sense of superiority and a deep, sickening sense of pity when you see a profile made up of these stacks, and just move on, safe in the knowledge  that the person whose profile it is is not actually ahead of (or behind) you in the race?

You’re running in it, they just paid for a seat at the finish line.

The issue isn't about how i feel about people overtaking me (because it makes no difference to me at all) but about making a platinum have some meaning again and reinstating some integrity back into the leaderboards. 

BlindMango made some good suggestions on how Sony could do this not long ago and i happen to agree. Reality is you're not going to stop people from milking an existing system but you can change the system to stop it being milked. 

3 hours ago, Dethfuse said:

Anyone who is still crying about easy platinum games in 2021 needs to get a life.

The whole thing is that games are made to be good fun, not quick cash grabs for points/trophies. 

23 minutes ago, AquaNSky said:

The whole thing is that games are made to be good fun, not quick cash grabs for points/trophies. 

Well, now you did it.

This is about to devolve further and turn into the "some people find it fun collecting trophies (vs playing the game)" argument.

And then people will start throwing insults and this will be locked.

I should've kept my mouth shut.

I'm locking this thread before things get uglier and/or the moderators get involved.