Episode 2 chapters trophies issue ?

Amalrik69

Hi everyone,

I’m currently playing Tales From The Borderlands PS4 physical versions and something weird just happened to me.

I just finished Episode 2 (with the end of the episode trophy) but I didn’t unlock Ep.2 Chapter 6 trophy.

When I check the trophy name, it seems that in fact it is pointing to Chapter 4 name in-game.

So 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 trophy names for Ep2 seems to be respectively correspond to 1 - 2 - 3 - 6 - 4 - 5 chapter names for Ep2 in-game seems.

Is it possible that recent 2.0 patch fully messed the trophies order / list ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amalrik69 said:

Hi everyone,

I’m currently playing Tales From The Borderlands PS4 physical versions and something weird just happened to me.

I just finished Episode 2 (with the end of the episode trophy) but I didn’t unlock Ep.2 Chapter 6 trophy.

When I check the trophy name, it seems that in fact it is pointing to Chapter 4 name in-game.

So 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 trophy names for Ep2 seems to be respectively correspond to 1 - 2 - 3 - 6 - 4 - 5 chapter names for Ep2 in-game seems.

Is it possible that recent 2.0 patch fully messed the trophies order / list ?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the patch messed things up. If the weirdness continues, try playing offline without the update installed.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the patch messed things up. If the weirdness continues, try playing offline without the update installed.

I played yesterday the first part of episode 2 without the patch. And I finished the episode just now with the patch.

It seems that there is something messed up in trophies names / order as this player have unlock chapter 6 before chapters 4-5. He unlocked 1-2-3-6-4-5, exactly as it is displayed in-game with chapter names

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3202-tales-from-the-borderlands/WhoElseBut-Matty?order=date

So, yes, the patch seems to affect the trophy order and logic here.

EDIT : another player had the same issue

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3202-tales-from-the-borderlands/J4yz_Jinx?order=date

I just replayed the chapter 4 and I unlocked chapter 6 trophy.

Edited by Amalrik69
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had this glitch happen to me as well. The trophies for Chapter 2 popped in the 1-2-3-6-4-5 order. I am running the digital re-release version. I was able to downgrade this version and pop the trophies in the correct order on another account successfully. I recommend downgrading to avoid this glitch. Hope this helps anyone attempting to plat this version of the game.

Edited by MyFrostedTadpole
Update

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 21.9.2021 at 5:20 PM, sk_lp_him said:

It's not a glitch or a bug. It's choice related. If you choose to go straight to Old Haven instead of Hollow Point you'll trigger chapter 6.

I can confirm that. I also skipped hallow point and went directly to old haven. 

This choice triggers the chapters in a different order. Nothing to worry about, I guess. 

• 7 months later...

This is still an issue, so heads up for anyone who wants to unlock the trophies in the correct order. In episode 2 on the patched PS4 version, I chose Old Haven instead of Hollow Point in chapter 3 because I hadn't gone there before in my Steam playthrough and I wanted to see the difference. Whoops. By the end of the episode, the order of my trophy unlocks of the completed chapters looked like this: 1-2-3-6-4-5. Everything else unlocked normally for me.

• Like 1